Happy international women's day!

What's some good female-made music? I only listen to neofolk so most of my library is comprised of queer white males, but I hope someone will introduce me to female musicians with good lyrics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_Tc45XpMpw
youtube.com/watch?v=TiannAvVRrY
youtube.com/watch?v=B0XkNNQ9QMw
youtube.com/watch?v=-PILNH7Il38
youtube.com/watch?v=T_jXhoaxxlA
youtube.com/watch?v=aWOrZq3fv64
youtube.com/watch?v=Qdml7nn20bw
youtube.com/watch?v=mrDCrnE7sRA
youtube.com/watch?v=w2tiLFr6opg&
youtube.com/watch?v=LHKft53rJzI
youtube.com/watch?v=uxJi3FRFDrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FI3iX8WtzaM
youtube.com/watch?v=RZY1oy6tNDo
youtube.com/watch?v=wHpZHFCKtEA
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg4ngNH1gU0
youtube.com/watch?v=guvTHzKPIgc
youtube.com/watch?v=hysYmrLoyUM
youtube.com/watch?v=a9CT1576O7s
youtube.com/watch?v=RAfr3jMkDjs
youtube.com/watch?v=LRn4lOYxEe0
youtube.com/watch?v=FNM2HHNrLIU
youtube.com/watch?v=mDLwVc65YRk
youtu.be/CtsRhe58P1c
youtube.com/watch?v=wX_lIfH6hgI
youtube.com/watch?v=vBVYotyxSdU
youtube.com/watch?v=o_qunZWsA88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

here u go youtube.com/watch?v=s_Tc45XpMpw

Females only want to be fucked, they're worthless other than their fuckholes

St. Vincent

Fuck off with this bait thread. Women don’t need a fucking day for themselves when you should be nice to everyone anyways regardless of what they look like. Such a stupid day propagated by spiteful morons thinking they’re oppressed, newsflash it’s not the 50s anymore retards! Take this shit to some countries that actually still live in the pre-Victorian Era

They commit to the person who fucks them the best, what's so slutty about that?

Were you talking to someone in this thread?

Here's some female-made or female-fronted music that I enjoy:
youtube.com/watch?v=TiannAvVRrY
youtube.com/watch?v=B0XkNNQ9QMw
youtube.com/watch?v=-PILNH7Il38

Thank you, I like it.

I know she's a meme around here but is she actually good?

Ha! You're projecting.

This is no bait thread, it's about celebrating that which is female. Dig deep enough and you'll find a little woman in yourself.

>Dig deep enough and you'll find a little woman in yourself.

Almost half the people that do just kill themselves. Why are mtf transgender people so much more common than ftm?

Some more female-made or female-fronted music that I enjoy:
youtube.com/watch?v=T_jXhoaxxlA
youtube.com/watch?v=aWOrZq3fv64
youtube.com/watch?v=Qdml7nn20bw

I urge everyone to embrace the coming Kali Yuga, the age of the woman, the body, the irrational.

Probably because of anime.

My sister accused me of sexual assault

youtube.com/watch?v=mrDCrnE7sRA

Probably because of anime.

youtube.com/watch?v=w2tiLFr6opg&

Womeme

Im an alcoholic

Now I'm out of female-made and female-fronted music, so here's an ode to all that is female:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHKft53rJzI

That is not music related so when telling us the story, for your own sake, make sure to include something topical, like your favourite female-made or female-fronted music.

I love Rose's voice. And her lyrics, some of those Strawberry Switchblade songs read like Death In June. I wish they hadn't drowned their music in synth bullshit and stayed more acoustic like what you posted.

You're right, I should listen to Nico. I watched Las Dolce Vita some time ago, in which she plays herself as the girlfriend of a young aristocrat. She has a funny laugh. One of the greatest films I've seen.

include something topical

Bump

youtube.com/watch?v=uxJi3FRFDrQ

youtube.com/watch?v=FI3iX8WtzaM
youtube.com/watch?v=RZY1oy6tNDo
youtube.com/watch?v=wHpZHFCKtEA
youtube.com/watch?v=Jg4ngNH1gU0
youtube.com/watch?v=guvTHzKPIgc
youtube.com/watch?v=hysYmrLoyUM
youtube.com/watch?v=a9CT1576O7s
youtube.com/watch?v=RAfr3jMkDjs
youtube.com/watch?v=LRn4lOYxEe0
youtube.com/watch?v=FNM2HHNrLIU
youtube.com/watch?v=mDLwVc65YRk

Oooh, thank you.

youtu.be/CtsRhe58P1c

If you can imagine The Poison Girls spending their days listening to Celtic Frost and Deviated Instinct before getting stuck in a k-hole, you'd be getting much closer to describing Life Cycle. Feminism was hardly a foreign concept to Britain's Anarchopunk movement, but rarely had any band been so inspired to make it sound heavy. Life Cycle's brand of Crust sounded very distinct even for its day. Full of droning, menacing riffs which rumble along at a sludgy mid-tempo, Life Cycle's debut EP "Myth & Ritual" stands out as one of Anarchopunk's best kept secrets.

Unlike the infantile "kill all rapists" or insufferable self-pitying "woe is me" plaguing virtually every artform branded "feminist", each song has its own identifiable persona with very personal motifs that still sound reflective, introspective and tastefully subtle. Printed on the interior is an essay from bassist, vocalist and songwriter Marie Sheard elaborating on sexism, society and gender roles. She's obviously read her share of Germaine Greer and Laura Mulvey, admitting as much on the following EP's essay found in "The Weight of Tradition" and interweaving the male gaze and neo-Freudian poststructuralism in the lyrics. Agree or disagree with her views, the sincerity and conviction can be felt and appreciated by the listener.

Nice.

kate bush is the only worthwhile female artist.

Shirley Collins is awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=wX_lIfH6hgI
youtube.com/watch?v=vBVYotyxSdU
This is a version of Oxford Girl which she did with her sister, really interesting to hear the similarities between this and a lot of the Southern Murder Ballads from the US
youtube.com/watch?v=o_qunZWsA88

Holy shit, that first song is beautiful. Thank you, user!

Welcome, a documentary came out about her just before christmas. I haven't seen it yet but it's had Alan Moore and Stewart Lee's stamp of approval so probably worth checking out if you're interested.

One last bump. Should this be the last one, I want to thank everyone. I enjoyed many of the suggestions and will research a lot of them.