I've never listened to pic related. Should my first time be (mirror to mirror) or (face to face)

I've never listened to pic related. Should my first time be (mirror to mirror) or (face to face)

Why would you want to listen to a shitty inoffensive indie rock album in [current year]?

Because I want you to suck my cock

The newest is the best, much more vibrant and good production. Listen if you actually enjoy music, and not because of some "statement" cause he used a bad microphone to record the original

face to face if you're okay with lo-fi.
there were certain changes made to it for mirror to mirror, to make the album a kind of retrospective on the original, and i think it makes the new version more enjoyable to know the original well already.
also, if you want, you could find disjecta membra and give it a shot. it's basically a compilation album of stuff that didn't make it onto any of his albums up to nervous young man. the song pain star was meant to be part of famous prophets but wasn't finished when he released face to face, and it'd really cool to hear the original and then hear the new version of famous prophets which includes the pain star bit. some other songs on it, like the hard part and KS, were also written for twin fantasy, and they're also really good songs.

The old one

Anyone who says the new one is better is an underage poptimist fag who thinks arcade fire is the greatest band of all time

The absolute state of nu/mu/

Got into CSH after Face To Face and I think that going New one then Old one is better. The lo-finess of the original is a bit too much on some songs to enjoy them (Cute Thing and High To Death are so much better in the new version), and I won't say you'll be losing stuff by visiting them in reverse order.
I'd say that the narrative in the new one is even better crafted than the old one just on the merit of making the turning point of it High To Death instead of Nervous Young Inhumans. Yes, the original one is more raw and in-the-moment, but I didn't feel like I lost much when I listened to the old version after already dissecting the new one, and getting obsessed with it and its themes.

You switched them up, Face To Face is the new version

Just to iterate a bit, I also didn't really like anything singer/songwriter-y before this album, and mostly listened to music for the music and production. A big chunk of enjoyment of this album is its lyrics and themes, and Face To Face brings the music on par with lyrics for me.
That being said, if you like Glow Pt. 2 and other lo-fi singer-songwriter stuff, Mirror To Mirror probably won't be that hard of a jump for you.

Mirror to Mirror. You gain nothing from hearing the new one first unless you're a literal baby who's going to quit the minute they're out of their comfort zone.

You gain a lot from hearing the original first.

The only thing nu/mu/ here is you friendo

literally this

as someone who's loved the old one for a very long time, probably the new one. most of the things I like about the original that aren't in the new one are small quirks with serviceable replacements. some of the melodies of the OG version are stronger, in my opinion, but you won't miss out on those by listening to the new one first. most of the lyrics are the same or improved and thats what's most important, though I miss the cut verses like hell.

that said, i'd say tracks 1 and 3 are much worse on the new version because they are the smallest songs and thus benefit the most from the humility and insecurity baked into the lo-fi aesthetic. The same goes for the navel-gazey and self-loathing High to Death but the new version is so different I can't really call one better or worse.

fuck this guy.

but also fuck this guy

Listen to the old one first. Or don't. Live your life.

Mirror to Mirror is a better album
Face to Face is a better collection of songs
do with that what you will

This.

Cute thing is objectively the worst out of all the changes. The lyric changes and instrumentation on the new one are God awful when compared to the original

if you like lo fi at all then face to face

>gay furry music with vore lyrics
>inoffensive
something you want to tell us?

Id rather have friendo posting than you

>seven years
>a long time
Wheugh lad

>that image
it's me :o

I think he was referring to the music, not the lyrics

>lyrics can't make a song offensive
this is what this person would've been implying if he were only referring to the music
by that logic then freedom of '76, bananas and blow, and baby bitch by ween are all inoffensive, so go ahead n show those to ur grandma

You think so? I thought Cute Thing was the best rerecording. There's tons of new textures brought out with the new production. Only part that isn't better is the outro part.