Northern Ireland! IT'S HAPPENING!

LADS!
If this happens it'll be the best day of my life! Please, anyone from the North, if this referendum happens, please vote for a United Ireland!

Maybe it'll restore my faith in Sinn Féin as a Nationalist party.

Scottish anons, a second independence referendum for ye guys is on the way too! :)

thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-brexit-irish-unity-2842816-Jun2016/

independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-northern-ireland-eu-referendum-result-latest-live-border-poll-united-martin-mcguinness-a7099276.html

>please vote for a United Ireland!
'no'

Fuck you, don't ruin this for me.

Vote for a United Ireland, goddammit!

Britain doesn't even want the North to exist anymore. You're clinging to a master that regards you as a burden.

Why would you want to keep up and awful border and stay tied to country that will soon be a lot smaller. A united Ireland could also leave the EU since it's not so great either.

kill all taigs

Go away, Paisley.
No one wants you here.

>2016
>wanting another civil war
Just being realistic here.

The Civil War was caused by Republicans disagreeing over the Treaty, not by Republicans vs Unionists.

The fact of the matter is that Unionists did absolutely nothing when we got most of our independence in 1921. They were all talk and no action.

I feel it will be the same this time.

A NATION ONCE AGAIN

A NATION ONCE AGAIN

AND IRELAND LONG A PROVINCE BE

A NATION ONCE AGAIN

>Maybe it'll restore my faith in Sinn Féin as a Nationalist party.

seeking national integrity when
a) everyone with airfare gets the status of citizen
b) you derrogate sovereignty to unelected quango in Brussels

SF are post-nationalist and have been for some time.

How many unionists were there in the territories that were to become the Irish Republic? I doubt those in Ulster will go without a fight.

>sinn-fein-brexit-irish-unity

>border-poll-united-martin-mcguinness

literally nothing is happening except sinn fein talking shite as usual

United Ireland isn't popular on any side of the border anymore.

I can already taste the Unionist tears.

Then we'll kick them out or use the state to stomp violent resistance.

They can peacefully protest as is everyone's right, but when violence starts I fear we'd need to strong-arm them.

HABBENING

A lot of people in the north are now considering moving to Ireland, including me but I planned to move before the term 'brexit' existed.

>2016
>still haven't won newbie island

Surveys indicate most would accept it. 15% or so say they wouldn't but of them how many plan to move, how many are all talk. Britain has agreed that a majority vote will mean the end of NI. Britain us bound to enforce it. Don't get me wrong, the will be shit like the flag protests, but not civil war.

IIRC there were quite a few. Dublin was a massive unionist stronghold.

Stay there to vote for reunification.

It's truly glorious.

Considering you guys are about to elect Hillary Clinton for President over based Trump, I wouldn't be so quick to criticise other countries.

Why don't you unite, and then leave the EU and join us?

6 counties make up 'northern ireland'. only two remain unionist but depends on quality of the argument/deal put to them.

after brexit the area is facing serious cuts to public spending which is bad since 80% of economic activity depends on public spending.

Really? That's great, I haven't seen the statistics myself.

No, fuck you.

We're staying. Mass exodus of taigs and hipsters are coming your way. NI is in the UK to stay and even if nobody leaves the country, a referendum would be a landslide for staying in.

#TaigControl

Republicans were smart, they got Britain to agree that NI will vote as one. There can be no repartition of NI. It's physically impossible anyway with Belfasts Catholic majority.

Fuck off. Taigs out

Irish people have no real claim to northern Ireland

other than ancient pagan stone circle bullshit. its we wuz aztlan tier cringe worthy.

I don't care. UK is outside the EU and that's where I want to be.

>Ireland leaving the EU
Never going to happen

There'd be a 60% win for remain and there wouldn't be a border poll for decades after. I knew taigs where as thick as shit (all you have to do is look at Sinn Fein government positions) but you hit a new low this time. Embarrassing.

You're sucking the tits of a master that doesn't even care about you anymore and, in fact, sees you as a burden.

You can return to those who would love to have you back or you can continue having Stockholm syndrome.

It's asked in the Ni life and times survey

Don't be so overconfident. A referendum at this stage would 100% end in NI leaving the UK. Leaving the EU has killed off support for the union.

>fenians thinking they can take what's rightfully ours
Fuck off

Yes please, my border autism needs this

Northern Ireland costs money to have because they are all old. Its unprofitable why would we want it??...

>us
>thick as shit

Coming from the country that is a massive welfare state, and whose people are clinging to a union that does not regard Northern Ireland as anything but a burden.

Furthermore, didn't NI just vote to Remain overwhelmingly? But yeah, we're the stupid ones.

REAL TALK THOUGH WHEN WE LEAVING THE EU

Shush, let it happen, it'll crush Ireland.

>he thinks the south would love to have another 1.8 million leeches to feed after barely avoiding it's own collapse a few years ago
I hope you're all smarter than that.

>ours

There's no theirs and ours. Éire belongs to all us Irishmen, including yourself

We'll forgive your 90 year treason.

If we had an even moderately right-wing government we could just let the free market take care of it.

Welcome home brother

You can't talk about referendums when your people were too pathetic to call out the EU on their handling of the Lisbon Treaty. Cheers for clearing up the "burden" argument, makes a good case for Ireland to not have to give federal subsidies to the north. Shot yourself in the foot there.

>what is the free market?

Plus, they will pay taxes anyway, correct?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Im in the republic nowhere near the border.
Why am I under the banner of the tans?

>this
Just leave the North to its own devices.

Are you taking the piss mate. They were all proddy immigrants in the first place. Time to go home eh

I like how fast all this shit is happening...
>Brexit
>Pound crashes
>Cameron resigns
>Scottish referendum part II
>Northern Ireland too

>Our Gaelic dynasties controlled the North for thousands of years
>Planters have been here for only a few centuries
We have more claim

What? The life and times survey from 2013 said that 66% of respondents favoured remaining part of the UK. Multiple surveys over the past few years have showed large catholic support for it, even as much aas 52%.

Even if we get 51% of the vote then we'll have a United Ireland. No harm in feeling at least a little excited.

Maybe the island of Ireland will finally be free from the shackles of the UK this time.

Hopefully we'll join ye Americans 239 years after gaining yer independence.

Read the thread Willy, I'm talking about the question on reaction to a hypothetical United Ireland

English guy in Derry here.I will be voting for a united Ireland

you didn't do history for junior cert, did you?

This will be delicious. The north will vote to rejoin only to be btfo by the south. It's almost too perfect.

>proddy

wolfe tone, Robert emmet, casement.
even the most proficient people arguing for your cause were protestant

beta as fuck race you taigs are

WHO OWNS DA NORTH?????

the northern Ireland today.

The product of lowlands scot enterprise and ingenuity.

Thank you. Sincerely.

Whats the chances of The Troubles 2 happening because of this? any NI anons here planning to fight it if it doesn't go through?

sorry I fucked up, any unionist anons planning to fight it if it does end up being a united ireland

:D
ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME

>mfw Irish think that they shouldn't be part of the UK
>mfw Scotcucks think they shouldn't be part of the UK

Kek, you might as well give Dublin back to the Sweeds if you're going to LARP as anyone other than British

FUCK OFF! WE DON'T WANT A MILLION UNIONISTS IN THE COUNTRY! WE DON'T WANT A REGION WHERE 80% OF THE POPULATION ARE GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES/ON THE DOLE. FUCK NORTHERN IRELAND.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
KILL ALL TAIGS
etc.

Nah, but if it's a yes vote and loyalists try shit we'd need to fight.

Men of 98 would turn in their Gravesend if they could see what loyalist bootlickers the Irish Presbyterian has become.

Sup, guys!

As a foreigner, who is not very well familiar with the situation in the UK and Ireland at the moment...

Don't you actually feel weird to have Irish people in Ireland and Northern Ireland and to be separated into basically two different countries? I mean, why haven't you made a single Ireland already?
Not that I'm familiar but I guess purely genetically and culturally the people in Ireland and Northern Ireland are the same, right? In recent times I guess it's not such a huge problem not to be one country, but I think it somehow would look... better, if it's just Ireland.

Very good! Germany supports you glorious sons of Eire!

Don't fall for the shilling that the media and establishment will do to try and prevent a reunification in the south.

Co. Londonderry here and it's a "no" from me, Mick

The Irish have have been nothing but welcoming to me and my family, time to do something nice in return. Besides my children were born here and see themselves as Irish

This aint the 70s mate. Imagine the firepower the provos would be able to get off the brits nowadays. Fuckin Tow missles n ' shit
There'll be no fightin

i never understood how the fuck northern ireland doesnt belong to ireland. can someone give me a quick recap?

MY OCD

Don't forget Corbyn being ousted by no-confidence vote.

Anyone associated with REMAIN is toxic at this point and must be purged.

Protestant minority in Ireland is generally concentrated in the North East. Protestants wanted to remain with Britain so Britain partitioned the country to make a Protestant state in the North..

I don't mind Scotland leaving and Ireland uniting, but the fact that they'll both be in the EU is scary.

Why the fuck are you living in the Republic if you hate it so much?

Go the fuck back to Britain then!

They are the same. The reason the North isn't a part of the Republic yet is because when the Plantations of the 17th and 18th centuries occurred, many Scottish and English people flooded into the North.
Therefore, a large percentage of the North see themselves as British, not as Irish.

Britain let them have a republic but they had to give up the northern counties with the shipbuilding industry. Look up Ulster Covenent for more.

lowland """""scots"""""

they wouldn't arm them after they voted to leave anyway

It was the Norwegians, not the Swedes.

did ireland belong to the crown before that?

ulster is british

Because during the Plantations of the 17th and 18th centuries, many British people flooded into the North and replaced a large percentage of the Irish population living there.
They were the ancestors of many modern Unionists, and they're a large percentage in Northern Ireland. Therefore, they see themselves as British and not Irish.

Thank you, guys!

Don't care about united Ireland but seeing all these sudden moves toward self determination of peoples and sorting of nations into nationalities is a great thing.

Brexit has been the best news of the last 20 years, easy

Same pham, but if it means reuniting the country ill have to stomach the EU. A nice conservative ulster Protestant voting bloc in the Dàil might actually do some good.

ever since the normans invaded

yet you accept niggers and pakis as "irish"

> Ireland suddenly having 1.8 million more people to deal with

This kills the Ireland.

Under popular protest. Potato famine being a good reason. Interestingly the liberal wing at the time wanted to ship the potato stocks off to foreign buyers while the conservative equivilent at the time was more in favour of helping out the dying Irish.

At worst flegboys will throw a few marches and burn a few tricolours. They'd never actually try anything cos they know they'd get BTFO, same way they locked themselves away in their own little hugbox in 1920 instead of fighting for what they believed in

If reunification happens, I want to see Irish-Americans celebrating. It'll be glorious.

Why would Unionists want anything to do with people who say they should "go back to Scotland"

The Irish should sort out their own racism first

Yet you accept niggers and pakis as "politicians".

That's not really true. English crown authority was limited to Dublin during the medieval era. Full conquest was initiated by the Tudors and not complete until the Stuarts took the throne.

I certainly don't and neither does any self-respecting Irish people. Africans are Africans, Pakis are Pakis, etc.
They are not Irish and never will be.

>what is the free market?
Also, it's not like you guys won't pay taxes for public services either.

FUCK OFF REDDIT