Broken music

Reccomend broken, glitchy, disordedly music that still has a melodic basis. Vocals (even super distorted messed up vocals) are preferable.

>pic related is Arca - Strech 2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0GaxpS9vosc
flanch.bandcamp.com/album/flanch
youtube.com/watch?v=PGGPmMZoShg
youtube.com/watch?v=fokxUNcQGb0
youtube.com/watch?v=_LfLtz_YpGM(whole
youtube.com/watch?v=hirADPT5bx4
youtube.com/watch?v=-EA_BYODCzI
waltergross.bandcamp.com/album/youth-kill-a-hunters-moon
youtube.com/watch?v=cvkzN5AHyeU
soundcloud.com/kaiwhiston/take-ya-breath?in=kaiwhiston/sets/2018-baby
soundcloud.com/noertheboy/2074jig
soundcloud.com/kryshmusic/obsessionkrysh
youtube.com/watch?v=hFVX4YKAFhU
youtube.com/watch?v=vXJp3bVIoP4
youtube.com/watch?v=qIu2nAnOKZw
youtube.com/watch?v=SAyzErUWrtE
youtube.com/watch?v=gPQRTjxuzXs
soundcloud.com/ayya14/ayya-remix
youtube.com/watch?v=0dtkfpTwDxU
youtube.com/watch?v=vrIuW6yZQXE
youtube.com/watch?v=43qaBf1qL3w
youtube.com/watch?v=VNmc85-aGw0
youtube.com/watch?v=NvL8Q7cH6U4
youtube.com/watch?v=6iFvbn8giOA
youtube.com/watch?v=XQ96WTlhJ8I
youtube.com/watch?v=QcyTGeW37WI
youtube.com/watch?v=ytzEI4DxVO4
youtube.com/watch?v=68oyJoAFE88
youtube.com/watch?v=BTIkWp_hwqI
youtube.com/watch?v=K_O0DHvtjXo
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=o7yscUCZMBI
soundcloud.com/ryanderanged/hamartia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

this work?
youtu.be/0GaxpS9vosc
I like Distortion til Deafness the most

flanch.bandcamp.com/album/flanch
youtube.com/watch?v=PGGPmMZoShg
youtube.com/watch?v=fokxUNcQGb0
youtube.com/watch?v=_LfLtz_YpGM(whole album is like a romantic stretch 2)

Flume's Skin Companion EP's. Skin is high likely inspired by Arca

shoegaze?

arca just rips off fucking cocteau twins cept with modern technology youtube.com/watch?v=hirADPT5bx4

He rips-off Autechre and producers related to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=-EA_BYODCzI

Blanck Mass' Please is peak glitch melody. The rest of World Eater is pretty good too, but in this regard, Please is the best track by far. Mybe try Clark too?

Sounds like you're just asking for No Now

If you're into distorted, glitchy rap, there's a project that K-the-I did with a noise producer named Walter Gross. First track especially is excellent
waltergross.bandcamp.com/album/youth-kill-a-hunters-moon

youtube.com/watch?v=cvkzN5AHyeU
For sure.

velocity design comfort

soundcloud.com/kaiwhiston/take-ya-breath?in=kaiwhiston/sets/2018-baby

soundcloud.com/noertheboy/2074jig

soundcloud.com/kryshmusic/obsessionkrysh

youtube.com/watch?v=hFVX4YKAFhU

youtube.com/watch?v=vXJp3bVIoP4

Literally how does he rip these artists off? He's just in the same vein as them, and undeniably has his own style within the sound

Also like to add that this is an unbelievably poor thread considering you're all supposed to be music addicted NEETS. Do you all only listen to the same 10 albums

>links fucking pattn and sega bodega
lmao

Surprised no one said Broken Music by Milan Knizak yet

Those aren't Blanck Mass, Clarency Clarity, Tricky, Andy Stott, or Autechre though are they?

>Tricky
>Andy Stott
Shit I forgot good point

Forgot to add Venetian Snares to this...

When did this board get to stagnant though? I used to discover so much great electronic music here.

yeah both of them are fucking worst. if i wanted to impress op with my "hipster" knowledge. i would have just linked him this youtube.com/watch?v=qIu2nAnOKZw
gosh go be a fucking poser on rym already okay

It's not about being a 'fucking hipster', just what's the point in everyone sharing the same pitchfork approved albums that we obviously already know.

Btw this is good, thanks for the rec.

this and pic/link-related if you want rock
youtube.com/watch?v=SAyzErUWrtE

>just what's the point in everyone sharing the same pitchfork approved albums that we obviously already know.
trust me i've listen to everything new in the "scene" from bandcamp and sc. and whatever tmt likes to namedrop
there's a reason why some of those artist remain on top. might be a shocker. but its because they have good ep/albums . not the random one good song you found and wanna share because the couple kids on pitchfork didnt hear about it.
grow up honestly

This album is good, not sure if it fits what you want op
youtube.com/watch?v=gPQRTjxuzXs

I only linked those specific songs for the sake of a taster, I think all those artists have put out quality Albums and/or EPs. Plus most the stuff posted prior isn't even new. There are interesting releases coming out on labels like PAN, Janus, Halcyon Veil, Activia Benz, Fractal Fantasy etc etc all the time and they get no attention here, and it's not even like their overtly 'hipster' or exclusive, a lot of them do have followings elsewhere. Honestly most of what I see here now is the latest Fantano upload...

Sup Forums is dead, it's good that you have grown to listen to labels instead of follwoing rym and one youtuber, unfortunatelly those who stayed here are incapable of forming their own opinions.

I don't know about "glitchy", but PiL's Metal Box is made up entirely of songs where the bass is the only instrument playing hooks or melodies, while the other instruments and vocals are broken and unstructured and just kind of draped over the monster bass lines. Obviously it was made way before glitchy electronic music was a thing, but it is a great example of a loose album with tight bass. The original pressing on 12" 45s in the film canister is the best, roundest bass tone I've ever heard on record by a wide margin. The US Second Edition double LPs don't come close.

when has Sup Forums every cared about that scene?
everybody on those labels besides the few on hyperdub are
anti-social
secretive
barely tour america
fantano doesn't know shit about electronic.
i just follow those peeps on twitter/instagram and stalk what mixes they like on sc. its hard to discuss something like that on Sup Forums when this board is basically a mini gossip board
>I think all those artists have put out quality Albums and/or EPs
sure there's some nice tunes. but imo stretch 2 is still in a league of its own compared to the rest.
soundcloud.com/ayya14/ayya-remix

this
youtube.com/watch?v=0dtkfpTwDxU

But this used to be the foremost sneery pseudo-patrician Bhutanese yodelling forum on the web :--(

Yeah now that youre done with the denial now it's time for grief bucko

Honestly a couple years ago, people like Lotic, Kablam, Amnesia Scanner etc had regular threads, often lumped in with Ferraro, OPN and that lot. Mu put me onto staycore, purple tape pedigree and a few others.
But I do see your point, just feel like this stuff did at least used to have some presence here.
Also hadn't considered that they don't go to the US, suppose the scene is a lot bigger here in Europe.

Aye not as though I'm gonna leave though is it

>pan
Trust funded kiddies making """""art""""" for the sake of it: the label.

Haven't heard the rest of your list but I'd assume it's more of the same ilk.

This might be hard to accept for a right generationer like yourself but all the good experimental electronic music has been made already. Either it be 80's DIY tapes or 00's internet labels, the contemporary wave of experimentalists like Chino Amobi or Clarence Clarity or Lotic or Heatstick or anyone else sound so fucking bland and trite in comparison. Most annoyingly they seem to get all the hype solely for their identity instead of their musical qualities (compare to the stuff I'm talking about, where the producers remain obscure and unknown to this day).

youtube.com/watch?v=vrIuW6yZQXE
youtube.com/watch?v=43qaBf1qL3w
youtube.com/watch?v=VNmc85-aGw0
youtube.com/watch?v=NvL8Q7cH6U4
youtube.com/watch?v=6iFvbn8giOA
youtube.com/watch?v=XQ96WTlhJ8I
youtube.com/watch?v=QcyTGeW37WI

I beg to differ, a lot of this sounds dated, and really not on the same level of complexity as some of what's out there now, although some of these reccs are also really good so, thanks.

Am willing to admit that PAN releases some pretentious trash, but there are also some gems in their output.

Also despite me being a salty turd at the start this has turned into a decent thread

This whole album.
youtube.com/watch?v=ytzEI4DxVO4

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read

dafuq happen 2 this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=68oyJoAFE88

The complexity argument falls flat when you consider plenty of these trendy nu artists use literal presets for their work, or poorly edit obscure samples. Arca and and Dean Blunt being the most prominent examples.

As for the datedness argument. Stockhausen might sound dated in nowadays' terms. His sound might not have the same sense of dynamics or whatever, but creativity-wise he's more ahead of his time than anyone putting out music in the past coupla decades or so. Ditto for for the old shit I posted, they're nothing extraordinarily special either but considering the times back then (not as easy to access music or the tools to produce music) they're again in a league higher than the current experimentalist crew. You're ultimately arguing for trendyness instead of actual artistry.

It's fucking sad the state of things right now, people have the tools to create literally anything and yet producers resort to constructing obnoxious trash for the sake of it. Shit that would have sounded like an unfinished demo in 2003 is suddenly groundbreaking genious 15 years later.

I guess it's not all bad since I happen to tolerate some bubblegum bass but Arca, OPN and their imitators, I find them absolutely insufferable. Ultimately I ditched new music altogether in favor of exploring old shit, there's plenty of rubbish there too but the gems are shinier than anything new that's being released nowadays.

feel stupid faggot?
youtube.com/watch?v=BTIkWp_hwqI
literally hear how they sound with his ableton live helping him
ct would have dominated this era so hard if they had the technology

This fucking album.

>Amnesia Scanner
youtube.com/watch?v=K_O0DHvtjXo

>Shit that would have sounded like an unfinished demo in 2003 is suddenly groundbreaking genious 15 years later.
i honestly like dean blunt for that reason alone.

>poorly edit obscure samples.
>Arca
examples?

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=13&v=o7yscUCZMBI

>Vocals (even super distorted messed up vocals) are preferable.
soundcloud.com/ryanderanged/hamartia
You asked for it...

Is this the wrong link