twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is blind patriotism. It is annoying. The national anthem should be played
a. The first game of the regular season
b. The NFC and AFC Conference Finals
c. The Pro Bowl
d. The Super Bowl
That's it.

I forgot to mention
e. special events / commemorations like games played on 9/11 or games played after a national tragedy

Seems silly to play a national anthem at any event that isn't a match between two countries.

shut up cuck, go live in another country if you don't like american values

I agree with this

I've always sat at anthems.
Now people think I'm a liberal for sitting. Thanks fuckers.

Shut up cuck.
>supporting your country
>"blind patriotism"

WEW let's use the rights of the country to shit on the reason we have those rights. Sounds like commie logic: it's only fair when we do it, otherwise it's bad.

Just tell them you're a paraplegic or something

Nice ad hominem friend, your opinion as a result has been discarded

>rights of the country
>forced singing to a flag every week
sounds like being a slave desu

FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YA TELL ME

>it's ad hom because it has an insult

Learn how fallacies work, because you just used one yourself, cuck.

the empire would still exist if you had blind patriotism, now you barely have something constituting state sovereignty

I usually take a piss during the anthem and then try to get a USA chant going after it's over.

>forced singing
Who's forced to sing? The "not kneeling" isn't even about the flag, it's about not using your position as someone who's on TV to make political statements. If you go into Walmart and the employees start talking politics when you're just shopping, and do so whenever you go inside, you'd be upset, no? Same fucking thing here. If they want to talk politics, do it on their own time and with their own money. Football is a job, and you don't bring politics into your job.

>WEW let's use the rights of the country to shit on the reason we have those rights.
Yes, let's. Because guess what? It's out constitutional right to do so.

Meh, its the way its been that way for a long time, and it doesn't really bother me. The Anthem to me is something that can bring together the country through our differences. It symbolizes that we're all Americans, and we should look out for one another. It pains me to see people treat the National Anthem as some sort of divisive controversy because that is the exact opposite of what it is to me.

Now the pledge you can ignore that. The Republic for which it stands for doesn't even look out for Americans. The American people now more than ever need to be united because if we aren't the cockheads in D.C. will take advantage of every last one of us.

>constitutional rights to attempt to commit treason by demanding violent uprising

Oh wait according to niggers this is the case. How many riots have happened because a nigger committed a crime and died, and no one came out and said "maybe we shouldn't have started rioting and looting our own neighborhoods?" None. It's racist to not agree with black mentality of "reparations through looting".

Dude, everyone here supports their country and sing their anthem, when their NATIONAL TEAM is playing, but no one sings at a local game, between two teams based in the same country. It seems dull.

Reminder any American flag that thinks the national anthem is redundant is 100% either an immigrant or spic.

As said, the point is that football is a time where all people can come together for 2-3 hours, forget about their problems, and cheer for their favorite team. The National Anthem is basically a reminder of this fact.

I get what you're saying, and it makes sense, but this is a little bit different in the larger picture. It's not like the olympics where your anthem is support for your country, it's showing support amongst your country.

>violent uprising
You are on crack if you think that's what the protests are fighting for.

Why do you hate America?

Then explain why there's always a call to fight after a black criminal gets shot, and it's always in the form of rioting and looting. And explain why these protestors never make remarks about how to properly protest.

I don't hate America, I hate unquestioned, undying loyalty to an imperfect country, as showcased in the posts in this thread

youre not suppose to display that flag like that, its only suppose to be up in the air. nfl is disgusting

>support for a country = support for a government

You must be mistaken if you think blind patriotism somehow equals to blind government support.

>it’s not a race thing
Did you know a black guy went on a shooting spree in a church today? Did you even hear about it on the news once? Wonder if you’d hear about it if the he was white...

You hate America, you try and spice it up but the bottom line is you do

That was yesterday. I heard about it - he is a Sudanese immigrant.

What? No. As long as it's not on the ground it's fine. That's like saying you're not supposed to display a flag as a shirt or the patch on military uniforms.

This, pretty much.

Its different though because your countries still have monarchies and the anthem has remnants of the old european "state" implied but our anthem was written about the military very specifically (rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air) and has always had an unspoken agreement not to inject politics (of ANY kind) into a moment of national pride.
>blind patriotism
Well that maybe but choosing to make your protest during it then is without a doubt Postmodernist DISRESPECT
>Postmodernist Disrespect
Zero respect for historical unspoken agreements and national sentiments, zero respect for anything they dont consider personally legitimate

Thank you proving my point in such an effortless manner

There's literally nothing wrong with blind patriotism, because patriotism is support for your country, not your government.

Thanks for proving mine as well commie

Americans are obese and stupid.

So if people had an unspoken national agreement that you could protest the country but just not for a very specific 2 minutes

And you are DETERMINED to push THAT buttob and protest in THAT 2 minutes to make your statement and then are surprised when people are less interested in your message and more pissed that you could NOT resist interjecting that message into the 2 minutes that had always been agreed upon to NOT inject messages into

*button

Where did he even say that it wasn't a race thing
Jesus Christ
It does.

Thanks Mr. Polynesian man!

It literally doesn't. Are you stupid? The country=! the government. I can say "I love America" and not like the government at all, and it's still patriotism.

a stupid, obese mutt just (You)'d me

>mfw I weigh less than you and have a higher IQ

>mfw I'm 30kgs with an IQ of 246

(You) literally live in the most obese region of Earth. Go fuck a sheep.

>30kgs
Wow who let the fucking cows out of the barn.
>ONLY TRIPLE DIGIT IQ

NEVER 5GET

youtube.com/watch?v=B7BQV93tFLs

That to me isn't blind patriotism, though.

I literally will and I'll be thinking of (You)

Nobody agreed on jack fucking shit. This kneeling shit is far from the first national anthem protest that this country has seen and many weren't even nearly as heavily criticized as these have been.

Stop being an obtuse fuckstick just to push your retarded narrative

If supporting your country no matter what, independent of the government, isn't blind patriotism, then what is? Because the definition of patriotism is "vigorous support for ones country".

I just use the anthem to have something I can chug a beer to before the game desu

:3

Fucking this, I was called a fucking Cuck for this suggestion.

You are a cuck, not just because of that though.

BULLSHIT

It was LITERALLY always black panther, black power, black supremacist motherfuckers doing that shit and WHITE SPORTSFANS have always preferred that shit left alone! The only white people who ever wanted that shit are Jane Fonda-tier literal fucking commies and if you think I'm letting them have one ounce of influence on norms about the anthem you can GAS yourself

Stop reading Breitbart Cletus

And don't get me wrong, both sides of the narratives are stupid. The only reason the NFL started this "unity and solidarity" nonsense was because Trump tried to force them to do something and challenged their authority (which is against the law btw). The owners don't give two flying shits about the protests, and the players who all decided to kneel just this weekend have done nothing but completely warp the original point Kaepernick had behind these anthem protests, and instead made it another political autofellation of how horrible Trump is.

That doesn't change the fact you're a complete fucking retard though

Literally patriotism signaling. Until someone had the nerve to suggest that maybe black people were somewhat at a disadvantage in the US, people cared so little about the national anthem at games that television coverage rarely bothered to show it.

I would agree it's very silly but you just know they'd fill up that time for more commercials anyway

THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE EVERY WEEK FROM NOW ON IF THEY WANT TO REGAIN THEIR RESPECT

youtube.com/watch?v=B7BQV93tFLs

>Kaepernicks original reasoning
Which was?
>"Fuck Police"
And Trump, a candidate who ran on support of the police, is opposed to this? Well my word, I never!
>muh breitbart
>muh cletus
Nice ad hom come back when you've got some actual arguments

The devotion you yanks have to >muh flag is pretty cringe worthy.

Its seems fucking stupid you have to be seen to be patriotic or you get vitriolic hatred for some reason.

It's impossible to take your argument seriously when you're actively being obtuse about it so I'm not even going to bother. Enjoy your Sup Forums echo chamber

I'm being obtuse because you think because black people and a few commies like to protest the anthem that means most white centrist sportsfans are 100% behind anthem protests...riiiight....enjoy your reddit echo chamber I suppose

Ameridumbs going into melt down about their weird cultish ways is always hilarious. Great thread.
Why are the most patriotic Americans the ones who live in the bits with lower living standards than developing nations?

>fucks a new groupie in every town he visits
>has 9 kids from 4 women
>kids grow up fatherless
AYO HOW COME DERE BE GANGS AND DEY BE SHOOTIN US N SHIET DIS BE WHITEY'S FAULT

Blame it on our bad joke of an education system (Being further excerbated by having someone with zero experience in the field and bought her position for all intents and purposes) and the blatant refusal of the idea in the minds of many Americans that there is more avenues of showing patriotism than this government funded fellating of muh millitary and muh flag.

I, for one, want all niggers OUT

>Chinks are gonna buy my country!
>Who cares though, fuck my flag m8!

It is annoying and the anthem itself terrible, so I normally smoke a cig when it starts then rush to my seat to not miss kickoff

>our education system
>talking about devos
>shes been there for 8 months
>somehow any of americas educational problems happened within the last 8 months according to you
You're going full retard

Your government is run by corporations you stupid seppo fuck

We show patriotism through other means, not religiously worshipping a flag or requiring everyone to submit to blind obedience of the state

You also lost your right to own guns? I havent lost mine so...

Nice strawman user. Literally nowhere in my post did I state she's singuarly responsible to educational system failure So you're not denying she's completely unfit for the position then? Or the fact that our general populace is so goddamn retarded they're throwing a massive bitchfit over 2 minutes MAX of peaceful protest for a 3 hour event completely within their constitutional rights, which matters a hell of a lot more than a piece of cloth or your fee fees

...so?

>to shit on the reason

they are literally kneeling, calm down dork

your entire country is immigrants. I really doubt your statement

Yep, and I'm alt-right as fuck. American """nationalism""" is cringey as it gets. I'm a white nationalist for a reason, as I'm aware that many other countries prefer race over nationality because they're purer than this mongrelized corporatized suburban misery hell. I'd kneel for America being anti-white if I could.

Donald Trump has disrespected the flag of the United States for 9 months now.

Football players kneeling before a football game does not insult the flag.

>amerikneels

The initial settlers were not immigrants

>initial settlers
you mean the native americans?

The entire (((charade))) is embarrassing desu. A bunch of millionaires living in gated communities "protesting" because muh police violence is akin to any other meaningless piece of goy virtue signaling on faceberg.
What exactly are they hoping to achieve? Do they think cops will just allow themselves to risk being murdered for the sake of some darkie's "feelings"? I can definitely see a bunch of cops walking the streets armed with nothing but tolerance.
What absolute fucking garbage. If they didn't lack the self awareness they would cringe themselves into a pit. Literally the most pointless and empty protest since the demand for blacks to be treat equally...which they got and which immediately had to be rectified by bringing in things like affirmative action, which hilariously is entirely about judging people on race, otherwise they wouldn't have advanced past the stage of cotton picking.
Use as many memes as you like (or lack of them where the (((left))) are concerned). They're simply powerless against things that actually do real, life facts and evidence.

the ones that were decimated?

So maybe your showing patriotism through other means isnt working since your rights are being eroded just as bad?

I dunno whatever man, both of you enjoy getting taken over by China while I enjoy watching half my country turn into Mexico

Show me the written documents codifying the native americans legal system and legal ownership over the land

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamestown,_Virginia
>decimated
???

I don't think they understood our language much, but they lived here long before we came.

Might equals right

Alt-rightists are so cringe holy shit.

its a fair question. Ive got no issues The US was founded on people just turned up and making it their home, but just asking how many of the natives were wiped out because of this

all of them, we need our space

This whole situation is so absurd it's actually hilarious, this kind of neurosis is hardly ever seen outside the us and third world shitholes

republics are literally more fascist and nationalistic than monarchies

The native indians didn't had one country
they were nomads fighting each other
they didn't build any route
america, usa, is an anglo wasp nation and they were not migrants, they were colonizers or settlers
A migrant goes to a place that's already build, a settler builts it
Native indians, black slaves or mexicans didn't build Boston or write the constitution, anglo settlers did.

It should be required for you to sing our national anthem every day in your country.
If it wasn't for us you'd be speaking German.

And now thanks to you, they'll speak Arabic in no time.

Says the one with 40% of his white people being german
You people killed your own brothers in the WWs just so jews could continue their fiat money scheme
Shame on you
Hitler didn't had the resources or the will to invade UK, let alone change their language.
It's so fucking stupid you people think that if not for you France or UK would be speaking german now
You are so fucking stupid, now thanks to your globalist policies you will end up speaking spanish, so much for the english language keepers.