no its kingflex

youtu.be/2V2abwkiRvk

no wtf??

sage

No it's dream pop.

Fucking idiot, its jazzgaze

how the fuck is their discography so highly rated on rym. they're not that good

Weak bait

it's not bait, their lowest album's over 3 which is weird.

shoegaze isn't a real genre

Just because you don’t like them, it doesn’t mean that they’re bad

I'm not saying they're bad. I just don't think they're that consistent.
The Seer's a Jam
I like Filth sometimes
Soundtracks for the Blind is interesting, but kind of fake deep
Children of God's p bad

ok

unless you're dumb enough to believe in an objective standard of quality (in which case get the fuck off my board), "good" and "bad" are indistinguishable from "I like it" and "I don't like it"

Children of God is a pleb filter

>fake deep

That’s pretty much what Gira’s all about. You don’t listen to a swans album expecting some intilectually challenging philosophy thesis, you go into it expecting to be taken on a freaky journey through the human soul.

Not even close. It's a post-punk album with elements of gothic rock. If it were shoegaze it would have guitar distortion (and it clearly doesn't).

idk, i guess i just wish i like soundtracks more than i do. on paper it's made for me

>Children of God's p bad

>In My Garden
>Blackmail
>You're Not Real, Girl
>New Mind
>bad
nah

Yeah in which case theres nothing to stand on but average public opinion, which is all RYM is for fucks sake. That average doesnt reflect quality, because "quality" doesnt fucking exist.

you're right imo, i like a swans a lot but their discography, while still pretty solid overall, is not that consisent.

soundtracks isn't the philosopichally deep one, that's Public Castration.
Not only with themes like Money is flesh, but also the extreme heaviness of the delivery, the mantra-like repition.

This is true but thats kinda the point in experimental music.