Radio Stations

Recently, Chicago's WLUP (FM 97.9) got purchased by a christian network. Said network has (not a joke) over 9000 stations throughout the U.S.A.

>why are christians buying out radio stations?

Couldn't care less, the loop was always shit tier dad rock anyway.

Also, hello chicagofag.

>>why are christians buying out radio stations
to spread the holy word of God throughout the country and play Christian music.

>station was bought out for $21.5 million

This is where your money goes when they pass around the "donation" basket during church.

actually no, I attend a small church that my parents helped start back around '02, they gave a yearly financial report during a service detailing where tithe money goes about 3 weeks ago, I saw no mention of a radio station

because only boomers listen to the radio and only boomers are still christians

sorry, replied to the wrong post

Autism.

no, that money goes into buying the priests a new Ferrari

hopefully this means mancow is out of a job

is the christian network "klove"? they've got a station in my area too

He did his last show with them tuesday.

Old christian Midwesterners seem to be the only people who still listen to the radio

Yes, it's KLOVE. What are they like so I know what to ignore on my car tuner?

every year or so they have this big donation shit that is obviously just an excuse to get moeny for their station

>actually no
>my extremely small church doesn't do what 95% of them do, so you're wrong

they play christian rock and christian pop. what I do hear from them is mostly stuff from this guy named tobymac.

This is what your grandmother's church does with her pension/401(k)

>christian pop
>implying car AM/FM tuners don't exist

>none of my grandparents went to church
>neither of my parents went to church
>i don't go to church
Feels good to not contribute a penny to them, "save my soul" my ass all they want to save is money for the priest's new bentley and summer home

Honestly contemporary christian music is one of the worst genres out there rn. And I'm a christian so this isn't religiously biased. It's all piano with soft percussion and a soft voice saying nearly identical phrases in every song.

>This is where your money goes
it sure isn't where my money goes, why should I care what other churches do with their money?

We need another Stryper.