Who's the current GOAT and why is it Tyler the Creator?

who's the current GOAT and why is it Tyler the Creator?

2 good albums
2 shit
1 ok

>GOAT
>Over half of his albums are trash
"No."

>current GOAT
is the average american this stupid?

Yes

Kanye is the permanent GOAT. Please refrain from posting topics like this again.

yes

t. amerimutt

Flower Boy wasn't even that good, it was just more of that mellow rap shit that everyone is trying to copy these days. I wish I could say it was at least innovative but Frank Ocean, Kevin Abstract, Brockhampton, and Chance the Rapper did it better and earlier. Lyrically it's decent but I don't feel that it says anything that important and instrumentally it's bland as hell. Until he does something that pushes the genre further or in a new direction he never be GOAT.

Tyler's the second best.

>I wish I could say it was at least innovative but Frank Ocean, Kevin Abstract, Brockhampton, and Chance the Rapper

Tyler the Creator birthed Frank Ocean, Kevin Abstract, and Brockhampton. And Chance the Rapper has never done mellow rap, he's Church rap.
>Until he does something that pushes the genre further or in a new direction he never be GOAT.
Cherry Bomb exists.

It doesn't matter if he birthed them, Flower Boy felt like it tried to emulate what they were doing and it came off as disingenuous to me.

>Until he does something that pushes the genre further or in a new direction he never be GOAT.
Yeah I want to retract this statement, he's had a lot of influence. I just hate Flower Boy.

cherry bomb is his magnum opus don't @ me

goat of bad music

Flower Boy took a while to grow on me, but I'd still say it's his third best album after Cherry Bomb and Wolf. Goblin is his worst.

1 good album
2 halfway decent albums
2 shit albums

Yeah I think it's just that it's such a shift for me I'm skeptical of it. I'm used to Tyler being this loud creative dude so seeing him noticeably heavily influenced by other artists and deviating so far from his old style freaks me out. In time I will probably like it but right now it's hard to see it as his own creation if that makes sense.

this

who else disowned tyler when u found out hes gay

I don't know if I'd say Flower Boy was heavily influenced by other artists. He's always been into jazz and bees and shit. The album (to me) sounds less like him copying other rappers and more like him doing a more pop-oriented version of Cherry Bomb.

He made an entire based off of FIND YOUR WINGS, BLOW MY LOAD, SMUCKERS, OKAGA CA, FUCKING YOUNG and 2SEATER.

It still sounds undeniably him, November especially.

>And Chance the Rapper has never done mellow rap, he's Church rap.
if you dont know what youre talking about, why bother trying to come off that way?

but he was joking..

Bitch

haha i get it
cause his name is felicia
felicia the GOat
lol
wow
nice!

hasn't been his handle for a while

>disingenuous

Nigga what? This is literally his most introspective album yet. How long has it been since you lost your analytical abilities?

tyler the creator is the higher man