What was the best decade for electronic music?

What was the best decade for electronic music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nrYgm5MML58
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inb4 you posted it!
I know faggots

90s

^

literally /thread b

Early electronic/electroacoustic > EDM

probably 90s but a lot of my personal faves are from the 00s

Literally this. So fucking underrated though

if you're a nerd

Literally not, early electronic/electroacoustic is mostly awkward wank, still better than EDM but that term should be limited to everything since Shrillix
youtube.com/watch?v=nrYgm5MML58

>EDM
howdy pardner

anyways the objective answers are 70s for academic stuff and 90s for club/popular music

2000s

On the experimental/classical end, you had guys like Barry Truax perfect granular synthesis, Joseph Nechvatal take music programming to an insane level, Wolfgang Mitterer create glitchy improvisations, and you had Emily Howell perhaps being a small foreshadowing of where music might go.

On the poppier end, James Holden made the GOAT house mix, Burial introduced a very organically emotional aesthetic to garage beats, Kid A was fantastic idc if its popular, micro house and Swedish techno kicked all sorts of ass.

In between that we had guys like Supersilent, Ryoji Ikeda, Fennesz do all sorts of shenanigans as well.

and 2000's electroacoustic > early electroacoustic and its not even close

>Wolfgang Mitterer
>James Holden
>Ryoji Ikeda
>Fennesz
>Kid A
I really really like this post.
Xenakis, Nono, Marie Pade, Distel, Bokanowski, Oliveros, Pierre Henry, Robert Ashley, Norman McLaren, Parmegiani, Badings, Rowe, and Stockhausen might want to take you up on that claim, user.

The 2000s were gold for the experimental end but the 90s reigns supreme for more conventional, DIY kind of stuff. Techno and breakbeat genres in general were an unstoppable force in the 90's.

>90s
>EDM

Techno, breakbeat, drum n bass, house, etc. are examples of EDM, my man.

So is Grimes in that case

Yeah, and? EDM isn't a negative term. lmao

the late 80's and early 90's was probably the peak of electronic creativity and /bleep/ style britlads

>kanye, Kendrick, thug, peep, pump, 6ixnine

Obviously 2010s