twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>jaguars

>music is good

>les paul

the jaguar manages to be both a soy AND manlet guitar

kek

>obscure Asian made guitars
>specifically models made in Japan

If the Goose uses one then it has to be great.

but.....but...Teisco guitars are great

>guitars

>ibanez

So where does the Mustang fit into all of this? I bought it because I like the body but I'm starting to hate the manlet scale length.

Dude fuck off. I bet you like Gibsons you stupid fucking faggot, suck my cock, soylet.

What you got against smooth jazz kid?
youtube.com/watch?v=E8GvsAZHcmU

jaguars are good though, even if they look quirky and have shit bridges you gotta mandatorily replace. the gibson scale length is nice if you want warmth or fuller gain sounds.
this guy uses one. a lot of his music is heavy too, and you wonder how the hell with duncan single coils.
fwiw he's huge

>I'm starting to hate the manlet scale length
because of how it affects the tone, or because you're actually that fucking insecure?

>Telecasters

if fenders are numale guitars what does that make gretsch

Im going to buy a jaguar and beat myself to death with it then post a photo of the corpse from the afterlife

screenshot this post

delet

It feels like I'm playing a toy guitar when I play it. The only thing that I can tell that effects the tone is the shitty tremolo/bridge. Thinking of just putting a different neck on it and changing the bridge because I like everything else about it.

the only model that's allowed here

>telecasters

This board's obsession with the perceived masculinity of others is fucking insane.
It just reeks of insecurity and low self-esteem.

oh god i forgot mustang scale length was THAT short. i thought they were 24", same as jags. i've not owned a mustang so forgive me.
if it's a bolt-on you could try swapping it for a jag neck.

how do you take your coffee user?

why these useless threads always get replies?? I don’t understand

>This board's obsession with the perceived masculinity of others is fucking insane. It just reeks of insecurity and low self-esteem.

>BC Rich

Maybe I'll buy a Boss ds1 while I'm at it and start a middle school cover band

not this board, just some annoying tourists from boards where there's an obsession with the perceived masculinity

ds-1 is GOAT though

ask yourself that question

boss ds1 is unironically a decent pedeal

Was originally just thinking of putting a Stratocaster neck on it but people in forums were saying it'd be impossible to intonate because of the difference in scale lengths. So now I'm thinking about replacing it with either an Epiphone Les Paul neck or getting a custom Warmoth neck. Jaguar neck might be an option but I don't know if I want another Fender neck on it at this point.

t. soyboy

It's really not, the SD-1 is a better pedal for the price

I posted the goose because he looks cool like the Jaguar

i own both. sd-1 is decent if you're using it as a slightly gainy boost but it sounds really cheap with the drive set beyond 3 or 4.
ds-1 on the other hand you can just go wild with. instead of stacking it like you would a drive, put it into the front end of a clean amp.

for metal shit i'd go with the ds-1, otherwise the sd-1 but there are many much nicer sounding drives desu. fulltone ocd would be my rec for a relatively inexpensive one.

Not for me. Had one for 6 months bought brand new before it shit out. It was an ok distortion pedal but it wasn't a tone sucker and it was hard to find a good sound sometimes. The big muff Pi isn't much more and is so much better

oh my bad.
i'm partial on liking them visually. i think this colourway is cool. i like subtle no fun allowed kinds of guitars.

>.022 orange drop caps
You might as well start HRT

>telecaster sitting right next to me
fuck you i just needed a cheaper guitar

>playing electric guitars and not acoustic guitars

bet you dumbasses use distortion so you can get away with playing like a retard

>mutual exclusivity

i was just memeing man, thinking about building a baritone telecaster myself. black body with a maple neck tuned to like F# so it's borderline a bass

top tier bantz, but the ds1 is a great pedal for modding. Doesn't sound half bad on its own if you have a good tube amp.

honestly, i've been playing exclusively acoustic for like 2 years and now i wanna get back into electric but i hate how much you have to fuck around with tone and shit and pluging everything in

I can literally just pick up my acoustic and play

yeah i feel the same, esp because of my living arrangement acoustic is a lot easier. i would suggest anyone in the early stages of learning guitar play acoustic to avoid the distraction of tone.
but come on there's so much you can do with electric. if you're happier playing acoustic that's awesome but there's no good reason to be a snob.

i lold

i was only memeing, nothing wrong with electric guitars. i had no interest in electric for like the past year but suddenly i have this weird urge to play solos and shit but all i've got with me is my acoustic

it's kinda worked out for me though because i've been getting super into a bunch of folk and indie folk and that's the sort of music I've been wanting to write

boo

that's cool. i've been loving writing fingerstyle stuff lately and i always prefer acoustic for that. the intricacies usually get muddied/compressed with electric, or just sound less intimate.
i prefer electric for a number of other things though, like gritty and warm tones, comfy-sad delay/verb, and occasional cathartic heaviness.

also being able to use a looper with an electric setup is my preferred way to write parts with multiple/melodic layers. i'm much more into singer-songwriter stuff and rhythm, i've never been into technical solos, but i like that midwest emo kind of thing.

I just play my electric acoustically 99% of the time

truly the patrician's choice

>the chad strat

>the chadcaster

>PRS

they're great guitars, but the tone knob being 5 feet away from your right hand kinda sucks

>Chapman

the real problems are the headstock and the fucking bat inlays. i agree they sound great.

>headstock
mehh, it's not terrible imo. Not my favorite head shape though.
>bat inlays
don't even get me started on stupid fucking inlays. Any of that shit. Bats roses, strippers, vines, card suits, skulls, iron crosses, are all tacky asf imo.
Dots, squares or trapezoids. And I still don't really like trapezoids

Chadcaster can mean stratocaster too

Always felt like the Explorer is the coolest of the vintage guitar shapes.

any guitar Gilmour plays becomes a chadcaster

ITT: numales

>not owning an objectively alpha pointy guitar for shredding circles around ineffectual omegas with their shitty, effeminate """guitars"""

fag

fuck you nigga

>homo
the only reason diamond darrell could get away with having a stupid pointy guitar is because he was the man. He also had ungodly pitch control on his floyd rose. He could snap it to the EXACT note he wanted at any time.

That's because it is. I really want one of those Korinas.

fag

Corvus for me.

Yes you are. Cry more, you cock sucking numale with your utterly pathetic mustang

Everyone with a pointy guitar is the man. Maybe if you were such a loser with a shit guitar, you'd understand this.

pointy guitars are for fags and if you like them that makes you a fag

>i still don't really like trapezoids
me neither, i probably wouldn't buy a guitar that had anything other than generic dots.

also prs body shapes are kinda ugly imo. the se isn't awful but the bevelled les paul shape and the semi hollows are. and the colors/patterns make my eyes bleed. like i said they sound good but definitely not good enough for me to want to get one.
then again i'm dull as fuck and minimalism/conservatism is probably a shit meme for pretentious people.

jacksons are rarely among pointy guitars in that they actually look sweet. even their flying vs don't look half bad.

>t. projecting poz sodomite

Rhoads Vs are alpha as fuck and awesome to play

PRS' are made more for ergonomic and quality reasons. It was Paul's vision of a "functionally perfect" guitar. They're not the prettiest to look at. Body is huge, head is tiny, neck usually has stupid inlays, tone knob is super far away from everything else on the body.

I could rape you so easily

well that's no reason to do stupid quirky things to them that obviously have no functional significance and could only be inspired by the wish to make them look different.
that's fine though, if you're a tone snob/professional recording musician then i'm sure visuals don't matter to you half as much. i'm a fairly vain person and i can't help it.

I think you have to like the guitar you're playing to really connect with the instrument and make great music.

So it comes down to each individual person and their idea of what a "cool" guitar is.

Me personally, I get off on buying guitars for cheap and fixing them up to play way better than their brand would imply. I've got a MIK Squier Stagemaster that fuckin RIIIIIIIIPS

Exactly what a disgusting numale homosexual would say.

spread your ass for me

Did you come to this website expecting to find well-adjusted people?

Why would I want to help a faggot rapist with a numale guitar?

>have it your way
I'll fuck you with your buttcheeks closed

Except you're not going to fuck me at all, you disgusting sodomite.

Memeing aside, what are the biggest downsides of Jazzmasters?

There isn't one.

It's the Jaguars that are garbage

Mega fag detected. "Metal guitars" have shit tone and play like shit, they're meant for 40 year olds that play local pub shows to play through metal zones and Marshall stacks to relive the 80's. Using an actual good guitar like a stratocaster is far superior as it plays much better and it's cleans allow the skill of a player to truly shine.

if youre talking about a vintage then the obvious answer is the bridge, but the newer ones have fixed this (even the classic player). the newer ones also have different pickups unless you get the $2000 american vintage.

my bad, the $1000 60s model also has the original pickups.

>I'm a pathetic numale - the post

Kill yourself you estrogen ridden cunt

>fly is open
i am now ready to die because i saw this image

B.C.Rich is pure Chad you dumbos.

Love that color on Jag body. Want a Jag Bass (full scale) in that color desu