Why would anyone be proud to be American? An identity that belongs to everybody is worthless

Why would anyone be proud to be American? An identity that belongs to everybody is worthless.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CnkEFBrhfFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wish me luck in Greece!

because it was the first modern country based on freedom and justice, because it is the most powerful country in the world, because despite its negative sides it was almost always a positive influence on the world.

>spreads "democracy" to people who never asked for it by bombing them to oblivion
>exports a soulless and materialistic culture with no roots in tradition
>central banking that guarantees endless debt to an international cabal
>positive influence

This, and it's one unifying thing in a country of people from all over the world who come together under one flag.

Still better than most of what has gone on over the course of human history, especially for the west, our allies.

If we aren't the dicks someone else will be, there is no "just leave everyone alone" option that doesn't turn ugly.

well, Germany, Italy, Japan, South Korea, are all top tier economies now with relatively free and democratic societies and a high standard of living.

There were ofc fuckups like Vietnam, Lybia or arguably Iraq, but other world powers like Russia, China, or historically the USSR or even Nazi Germany certainly wouldn't have been a better influence.

Murica should be deleted

bad post

If u didnt do that, half the world would be in 10000 diffrent wars right now. A country needs democracy and freedom, to live peacefully.

>American
>Ancestors came after 1776

pick one

GOD BLESS THE USA. I WAS BORN IN SWEDEN BUT I AM AMERICAN AT HEART

This. I really don't understand American self hate.

>Why would anyone be proud to be American?
Not even americans are proud of being american, that's why they always bring up the whoe "Muh heritage" bullshit.

is this called Copenhagen syndrome?

USA USA USA
GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
AND THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS
ONE NATION
INDIVISIBLE
WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL
GOD BLESS AMERICA and Texas

Democracy and freedon sure worked out well for the Middle East, hasn't it?

You sure are one clueless snownigger.

Go fuck yourself, you jingo. Not everyone gives a shit about identity politics. On the subject, though, you're a greaseball wog.

>Finnish flag
>""Greasball wog""
Are you drunk?

>and Texas
THIS ^^^^

It's kind of similar to the Roman complex. We are an amalgamation of ethnicities but we are the most powerful nation on the planet

Everyone pushing this or that alternate identity movement right now can go be gassed

>mfw ancestors settled in 1760's

When was the last time the Americans here remembered the Alamo?

I remember throwing up on it after two bottles of whiskey

They are an exception because they are subhumans that cannot be taught. It is like trying to teach a dog to read and write: not going to happen because it is too stupid to learn. They just need to be exterminated.

It doesn't belong to everybody though.
The American people consists of:
-Whites
-Blacks
-Natives/Hispanics

Every other group remain eternal foreigners and will never be considered quintessentially American.

[citation needed]

Why are americans such cringy posters? I've never seen a single intelligent american post.

>says the irrelevant Scandinavia trash.
Stop posting and go back to being a totally pointless EU bitch territory.

LMAO did a meme really upset you that much? I've noticed that americans have extremely fragile egos, but it's not surprising considering your mongrel shithole of a country.

>hispanics

why? all the others have early settler ancestry, Hispanics are just immigrants from the last 30 years

Upset? Not at all. I am just sitting here with my coffee laughing at you. Maybe EU's (((programs))) finally gave you autism and you cannot understand communication anymore. Keep being a little bitch and talk to me when your country loses its sovereignty and is invaded by sand niggers.

>Oh, it already has.

The US seemed to me a paradise for what my grandfather said. He live there from the 30's to the 60's.

From what he told me it was basically Europeans from everywhere living together, while still bantering. Where he lived, Detroit, he had second generation Dutch, Italian, Irish and Lithuanian all living in the same neighborhood, yet they felt die hard Americans.

Now sometimes I see videos of US cities from the past, I kinda feel sad.

Such potential. In a way , I'm happy my grandfather died before seeing the US today. At least, he died an ignorant American, even though the whole double passport thing.

That Ameribear isn't a very good example because you see that kind of retarded LARPing all the time from many kinds of flags.

>because it was the first modern country based on freedom and justice
What is the Netherlands?

A backwater EU cuckhole.

A nation deserving genocide?

>first modern country based on freedom
fuck off, individualism destroyed the Western civilization

>Based on freedom
>had slavery from the start
ok

America helped those countries before we were cucked. Everything post-50s has been a disaster.

why do you choose to live in denial? come on, man

One of the founding fathers was Asian.

You can expand and contract the definition of "Founding Fathers" to mean anything

Freedom for PEOPLE. Blacks, Natives, etc. are not people.

>-Blacks
>-Natives/Hispanics
Chinese have been more productive and better integrated Americans than both Blacks and Hispanics.

maybe coming down from your ivory tower once in a while and realizing that, at best, only one of those groups has a majority believing in your founding principles?

One of those who signed the declaration of independence.

>Thinks Hispanics and sand niggers are the same

Wow. I thought your EU cuck education system was supposed to be good. Guess you do not even have that.

LOL You ain't even a yankee. Whatchu hatin' fo'?

sad

>because it was the first modern country based on freedom and justice
Damn, did Bomber Harris bomb you so bad he destroyed every history book in the country?

Only.ones proud of being American are low iq subhumans and.non white subhumans because their true land in Latin America or Africa are obviously inferior to.the European structure.of the US, but all whites homeland are equal or better than the US.

yeah totally harmless those spics. jog on, uneducated peasant

True that the melting pot originally only referred to Europeans. I'll say this, despite the idea of the melting pot turning alot of heads it's actually not as far as attempts to assimilate a population is concerned so long as the populations in question are assimilateable enough with reasonable effort.

The melting pot is a Jewish concept created by a non American Jew, retard.

ITT:
Butt hurt non-Americans.

good job triggering these autists

triggered shitskin

spic for yourself

most of us are proud to be american

t. proud american

you can cherry pick both the present and the past videos the way you like it, dumbass

tfw ancestors settled in 1620s

This country is a shit skins hellhole and I want no part of it honestly.

>doesn't know spanish settlements predate British settlements by a few years

False nostalgia at its finest. You're just looking at the things he's saying in an overly positive light because he's probably not giving you the whole story. Every era had its problems, same as we do now.

You two are retarded. I'm posting from an actual book. You two should look into one sometime. The idea of the melting pot is much older.

"Thirty years after Franklin penned his Observations, another writer provided the first known articulation of what we would recognize as the ideas underlying the melting pot. The French nobleman and naturalized American citizen John Hector St. John de Crèvecœur, wrote Letters from an American Farmer in 1782:
…whence came all these people? They are a mixture of English, Scotch, Irish, French, Dutch, Germans, and Swedes… What, then, is the American, this new man? He is either a European or the descendant of a European; hence that strange mixture of blood, which you will find in no other country. I could point out to you a family whose grandfather was an Englishman, whose wife was Dutch, whose son married a French woman, and whose present four sons have now four wives of different nations. He is an American, who, leaving behind him all his ancient prejudices and manners, receives new ones from the new mode of life he has embraced, the new government he obeys, and the new rank he holds. . . . The Americans were once scattered all over Europe; here they are incorporated into one of the finest systems of population which has ever appeared."

>because despite its negative sides it was almost always a positive influence on the world