me

American

>heres your guitar, bro

Russia.

kek

Ireland, Bulgaria, the list goes on

Magyar

в-вuт тнis is a doяiтo!

Why is pop/rock with acoustic guitars so much better than actual folk?

because you're a prisoner of your era

Is it tho?

Because you are a pleb.

Top is American Folk.

thats a biiiiiiiiig guitar man

almost fell for it

This but ironically

4u

Argentina has Tango and Milonga
wich are the top 2 best generes ever

ehhhhhmm... first of all that's not even folk music and we have much richer traditions in the countryside
this guy is great though:
youtube.com/watch?v=LHOgQQ_D3EY

Well, the thing is - while you're right that Bob Dylan can barely be considered folk, American folk music's revolves around the guitar and repeating rhythms quite a bit. It's where you get Cajun music and Appalachian music and even Piedmont/Delta Blues. This seeped into American popular music which is the basis of most music nowadays. Now, interestingly, other countries (especially the ones in the rest of America) have their own folk music that often has the only common instrument amongst it being... the guitar. And Fado, the most essential form of Portuguese Folk Music... is basically just people playing guitars.

American folk music is Bluegrass m8
has all weird shit like musical saws and other folky nonsense

The folk music here in eastern Canada is almost completely derived from irish, scottish, english, and french songs. Played on guitars, mandolins and fiddles. later on in the 30s the banjo would start appearing more. At around that same time more southern music started getting popular. Mostly though it was old fiddle tunes.

There is no such thing as American folk. Stop perpetuating this meme.

I play old-time, which comes before bluegrass bud. It would be the spot in between the European music and the newly written American songs. characterized by pretty much the same patterens of AABB

nice revisionism

What do you mean? The melting pot doesn't produce any folk by definition.

old time is just bluegrass before bluegrass got a name

*blocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=eif8GjJzd24

Sort of. It was pretty much string bands but they played a lot of tunes from Britain with different lyrics.

and as a banjo player, I can say it's stylistically different. (clawhammer versus 3 finger)

Yeah, Bluegrass and Old Time are all really closely intertwined and from them nearly all American music comes from, and that's where you have the guitar as an instrument.
Ok, maybe not "American" due to the sheer size of America, however there are local unique cultural manifestations like Creole and Cajun music that are still common to this day.

It's all fusion. There is no folk in there anymore.

You could argue the same for so much folk music just in general.

romani music fusion both fusion and folk so what you're saying is dumb

I come from New Brunswick which would be the most northern area of the Appalachian mountains and it's known here that the Acadians(French) left for Louisiana due to pressure from the English. Cajun and Acadian music are very similar.

What?

sorry i had a stroke apparently

romani music is both fusion and folk

All of eastern europe. The accordion is the best instrument of all time and it's all over the place in their music

my dude
youtube.com/watch?v=3kXEKG_oalI

No it's not.

se germans. Gute Nacht!

Fusion doesn't erase the original elements. They're still there.

кэк

Slovenian. This shit bangs.

youtube.com/watch?v=r7gFNaGYEs8

whats the fraulein in pink holding? does she play the mustard?

bottom looks like a gay parade

youtube.com/watch?v=_moWowYLqI0

Unironically this..

Maybe to you gentrified cultureless consumerist American plebs, yeah.

oktoberfest mustard, got it

Mixing honey and shit doesn't erase honey from the mix.

Underfuckingrated

needs more NAZIBELL!!!

What's Woody then

Romania
youtube.com/watch?v=aJxmGM2MoPs

It literally does though. "American folk" is defined by the diverse regional styles that blend and borrow through a shared national identity.

ITT: butthurt Death In June fanboys

>El goblino