youtube.com/watch?v=WW2nZXLtMf8&list=PLZnwMAfiIOhuLuKj-aGXE8bx-x8-UrWk5
youtube.com/watch?v=euHoHdpGOa0
youtu.be/2V2abwkiRvk
youtu.be/4QQZxX-JjG8
youtube.com/watch?v=d-Zsle7Hk3g
youtube.com/watch?v=GTVZM4tTvh0
youtube.com/watch?v=l7cmXyEy3sQ
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/i-dont-value-my-life-enough
apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/yall-so-fucking-dumb-for-thinking-this-music-genre-is-deep-or-patrician-is-as-easy-as-putting-some-exe-files-into-audacity-and-editing-them-a-bit-and-this-album-is-the-example
youtube.com/watch?v=xoYVEQeJ4WQ
youtu.be/E8-WHslFhbU
youtu.be/4w8pbGz7E8c
youtu.be/rHDlEMZ-DT0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Through speakers or headphones.

You don't

Start with off-noises, like noise rock and noise pop

You can't, it's not actually music

Start with shoegaze and go down the rabbithole.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=4vz-2nVlD1E

I have no idea, every harsh noise album I've tried to listen to has given me a headache within the first 20 minutes
checked

I can't get into it either

same thing happens to me
nice

It's timbre without rhythm or melody, think of it that way.

By listening to an actual good album

youtube.com/watch?v=WW2nZXLtMf8&list=PLZnwMAfiIOhuLuKj-aGXE8bx-x8-UrWk5
youtube.com/watch?v=euHoHdpGOa0

This. Idk why Pulse Demon is hailed as obvious noise album to listen, when it's from the lamest Masami digital era.
Is it because of p4k?

it's probably because very few of his other albums have been released in the us

I personally understood it at first listen while I'm trying to understand metal and jazz Wtf is wrong wit hme

Start with the stooges self titled- especially tracks like real cool time, The VU's white light white heat, sonic youth- daydream nation- check out total trash. If you enjoyed that, then listen to unwound- fake train, my bloody valentine's isnt anything and the you made me realise ep. Also try out jesus and mary chain psychocandy.
If you enjoyed most of these awesome albums then you should try les rallizes denudes, boredoms, early butthole surfers, big black, chrome, and others. They implement more noise in their music
Once you get use to enjoying the noisy elements, then try out noise.

You don't. There is no point for noise music to even exist. It is completely devoid of any valuable musical qualities.

>being this new

Name one reason why noise is worth listening to.

because its music

Muh textures. Same reason people listen to psych, shoegaze, black metal, industrial, drone, ambient, ect.

start with Earth 2: Special Low Frequency Edition

Listening to Merzbow just makes me laugh. Like, fucking hell.

some genres require a certain level of intelligence, culture, maturity, sophistication, taste ect.
just stick to what's most comfortable and non-challenging to your small brain. you don't see janitors trying to be surgeons, do you?

glad that a piece of artwork has made you feel a certain way, seems like its done its job

>some genres require a certain level of intelligence, culture, maturity, sophistication, taste ect.
But not noise

What textures? Sonic exploration of the genre is done in an hour by anyone with a laptop and a DAW.

and anyone with a guitar or instrument can play a note from it as well, whats your point? if you dont understand the genre theres no getting through to you. maybe try taking a shit ton of dissociatives and listen to it

Some people just think it feels good on their ears. The harsh sounds and layers. Its still got rhythm, at least a lot of it does, its just harsher and more layered and people like the way that sounds. Also, if you've listened to enough noise, you can tell when its been made by a daw and when its been made with equipment. daw noise is usually garbade. Also, anyone can make any electronic music with a laptop and a daw. Doesn't mean its good.

Textures are worthless if there is no order or structural backbone. Also, nobody cares about textures in black metal except hipsters.

weird tutorial

youtu.be/2V2abwkiRvk

A lot of noise has a structural backbone. People are just too offput by the harsh nature of the music to really notice it.

All noise I've listened to is a barely written assortment of textures.

link to your anecdotal evidence plz

Anything in this thread.

youtu.be/4QQZxX-JjG8
Take this song for example:
>Its got a drum pattern at the beginning
>Its got build ups and releases
>Its got transitions between sections
Obviously the focal point of noise music is building walls of sound and creating harsh textures, but there is some organization to hold it all together.

well unfortunately your low quality bait or mental retardation is preventing you from hearing structure and you cannot perceive one of the objectively best genres to come of this age

typically you put on the music, and listen to it, and just because you do not like one noise artis does not mean there are none you will not enjoy. its a pretty diverse genre, and many styles fall under it

The only form of organization here are a few rhythms. If I record myself walking into the bathroom and taking a piss it has a build up and release.

I'm sure you can turn walking into the bathroom and taking a piss into a song if you're creative enough, user. Maybe practice some rhythmic walking and do jumping jacks or hit the wall with your hand while you piss. Maybe piss into a boiling pot of water or dry ice, to create a cooler sound than just a normal pissing sound. Maybe whistle something stupid or scream who knows.

Maybe I should do that. It wouldn't be very hard, although I don't have anything to record it on.

Record it on your phone for that extra lofi quality and indeh cred. Shill it to pretentious college kids and make millions. I believe in you, user.

since your understanding of noise is so logically sound you can use your smart phone to better its shit quality right right. also keep us updated

Any idea to make it more interesting? I know there's already this out there.
youtube.com/watch?v=d-Zsle7Hk3g

Try pissing in different mediums to create a unique sound with your piss. I suggested boiling water and dry ice in my previous post, but you could really do anything. Pissing on broad leaf tropical plant leaves may give a more percussive sound, whereas pissing on the floor may give a more even sound. Also, you're gonna be walking too, so maybe you could establish a beat with your steps, and loop that throughout the song. Maybe try stepping on different textures to find a unique sould you like. Or even layer different textures on top of each other. Maybe stagger them or do different rhythms on the different textures to add more substance to the song. Maybe loop the pissing sound on top. Throw some vocals on top if you want or just build up a wall of piss noises by recording you pissing in various things and layering them on top of each other. Or you could splice together a rhythm with the piss noises, too, and incorporate it into the rhythmic step beat you made earlier. Maybe add some effects on top, like panning the channels of the piss noise, or echoing it, or reversing it. Speed things up, slow things down. Try looping various things. Whatever sounds interesting to you, its your song.

LSD

you gotta get into noisy genres, then naturally go down the rabbit hole of always wanting things to get noisier and noisier, hell as of now I still can't stand pure harsh noise walls, Power Electronics is as far as i can go.

At a show.

This is why Sup Forums doesn't get noise; it is largely live performance-centric, and none of these underage retards go to shows.

i don know where they are ;(((

to add to this, you could try pissing in different places not in the sense of what's being pissed on but what surrounds it, like a weird new take on field recordings. Like I bet piss reverberates differently on a urinal in a bathroom vs the floor of a cave or inside a storm drain

You haven't made a single coherent point. You were just being defensive.

It's the logical conclusion to music

nah, you're being too simplistic about it. i've been to shows, but if these kids want to get into it from records let them be. you think a kid from southern US who wants to get into it is gonna be able to go into shows?

ah yes the only way to enjoy screechy skronks is to see a person in a costume turning on knobs live in person

>Also, anyone can make any electronic music with a laptop and a daw. Doesn't mean its good.
Exactly. The problem of the genre is that it becomes self limiting, especially sonically.
I have listened to bands from various ganres, with noise influences or as a part of their sound. Why would anyone limit themselves like that and make just noise music?

genuine question is noise made just for people who want to feel special? do poeople who listen to noise like noise?

you start listening to my shit and then go deeper
>apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/i-dont-value-my-life-enough

pretty accessible desu

also listen to this
>apaleskinmexican.bandcamp.com/album/yall-so-fucking-dumb-for-thinking-this-music-genre-is-deep-or-patrician-is-as-easy-as-putting-some-exe-files-into-audacity-and-editing-them-a-bit-and-this-album-is-the-example

even thought this is le epic funny joke album this has to be the worst attempt at noise music ive ever heard. this was so obviously made by a computer and has no layering at all.

Japanese noise is dope though

fucking same

There isn't much to understand really.

Start by listening to some noisy noise rock
youtube.com/watch?v=xoYVEQeJ4WQ

how is making music correlates to getting enjoyment out of it

For me it was breakcore to IDM on one hand, then emo to shoegaze to post-rock to industrial/noise rock on the other.
So I guess check out Venetian Snares, Squarepusher, Igorrr, Cap'n Jazz, MBV, Slowdive, sweet trip, Slint, Sonic Youth, and Throbbing Gristle. Then you should be prepped.

You either get noise music instantly or you don't ever. There is no point in relistening to noise albums if you don't like them.
For me noise music is the sound of rejection. It's like the music equivalent of throwing up but feeling kinda better afterwards. You know how you listen to metal or hardcore or DG and it's too abrasive at first but then the abrasiveness kind of gets on your side? That works with noise for some people.
Noise is when you feel too angry, confused, in pain or depressed for normal music.

>how is making music correlates to getting enjoyment out of it
>I personally understood it at first listen
He was talking about his understanding of it. You can understand most classical music and enjoy very little of it.

Its made by band geeks and punk rock kids that got too old or talented to keep a loser mentality

>Punk
>Noise
>Too talented
You may want to tone that one down a little.

No i mean kids that uzed to jam with punk rockers that got too talented. They have a cool kid club basically where they jusy brag that they dont know how to play their instrument. In noise you have to actually do something. In regular music you can just pretend to play parts you dont know and other people cover you. Anyone whos been in school band knows what i mean, its even easier in a band with electric instruments like rock.

Uh, what? You could literally make a playlist before going to a noise show as a performer and do nothing more. How do you expect any live band to sound if one member doesn't know what he's doing?

>You could literally make a playlist before going to a noise show as a performer and do nothing more.
90% of them are just kids with a contact mic and a few guitar pedals. Having an unoriginal set up is more the real complaint than kids playing samples. And synths/sampling requires more knowledge of what youre doing than you think. I dont think youre a band person.

Going Places fucking rules. Opt out is probably my favorite noise piece of all time. RIP yellow swans

>And synths/sampling requires more knowledge of what youre doing than you think
Technical, yes.
>I dont think youre a band person.
How did you determine that? You might want to reconsider your stance on band members being incompetent and their results live.
youtu.be/E8-WHslFhbU
And on the other hand:
youtu.be/4w8pbGz7E8c
youtu.be/rHDlEMZ-DT0

I mean i dont think youve played in a band with other people. Showing videos of bands that have been playing together for years and have their shit down doesnt contradict what im saying. Just shows you dont know what im saying about the majority of mediocre bands. Which is that theyre usually being carried by one member.

>Just shows you dont know what im saying about the majority of mediocre bands. Which is that theyre usually being carried by one member.
I don't understand what any of this has to do with the topic of the thread. I don't even understand where you're going with this. If you want to continue, who exactly is being carried?

You don't listen to noise, you hear it.

I kid, you listen to it the same way you listen to anything else.

>who exactly is being carried?
The other members of the group, but the main guu still needs them to be a band. With noise/electronic music you dont have that problem its just you.

You don't because harsh noise is a pisstake.

Not everyone will be into it. It is music however its purpose is very different than the traditional sense. It definentally does make you 'feel' a certain way when you listen to merzbow (anxiety, excitement, etc)

this is fucking great

You don't listen to black metal, don't act like you do

>I'LL MAKE YOU FEEL SPECIAL

listen for texture, density, rhythm
it is possible to have musical structures develop without reliance on melodies or even pitch

>every harsh noise album I've tried to listen to has given me a headache
Then don't listen to harsh noise, there's other noise genres

As someone who is not that into noise, my theory is that it's a combo of the cover art (which is fucking splendid on so many levels) and how over-the-top rediculous the album is from start to finish