Extraterrestrial /trb/

Dynamic regen faces edition

Old thread: >FM18 info:
fmscout.com/a-what-we-know-about-football-manager-2018.html

>Facepack (scroll down for torrent):
sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces

>Real names and German/Japanese NT fix
sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/29149/fm2017-real-names-and-german-national-team-fix-file-beta-v11-for-fm17-beta-20102016

>Logos
fmscout.com/c-fm17-logos.html

>Hairpack
fmscout.com/a-debski-newgen-hairstyles-fm17.html

>Pastebin: FAQ, guides and extras
pastebin.com/qwvspy9X

>Macca's official /trb/ database:
2015: pastebin.com/uj27eQhe
2016: pastebin.com/7e3Vv0ap

youtube.com/watch?v=auBtAJ-kkZU

Other urls found in this thread:

guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-preferred-moves
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

good post

"you forgot to untick the 'concede stupid goals' team instruction" sub-edition

>Dwells on the ball
>None of his teammates try to offer support
It happens too fucking often.

>Holiday from late march to mid-may
Cool, my AssWoman only made one player unhappy through lack of matches and one who wants a new contract. And we're in the CL final yet again. Ah, there's one Slt idiot who wants to leave to Manure because reasons.

I just put this kind of bullshit down to the 3D match engine not doing enough of a good job making the actually football match look realistic.

Swansea and a few other PL sides want him for just under 700k.

Can his potential grow? Or is he maxed out as a 4 star now? Feeling like I may as well cash in on him.

Not to be a big SI apologist, but I watch a lot of lower league football, and off the ball movement and teamwork can really suck some days. I was quite the Pirlo myself, but most people just don't understand how to make themselves available or how to make well-timed runs.

A loss and a draw. Yikes. I hadn't lost in five and and half years, what the fuck. At least she mangled them in the second leg.

It can grow, but not unless he plays at a higher level, imo. You have great facilities, but you have to work hard to keep players in the lower divisions when bigger clubs get a whiff of a talent. If you are going to get promoted a few times, that needn't be a problem. But by then you will probably just have a mediocre 22-year old on your hands.

I know just what you mean, I myself was quite the Messi but the groundsman never ever did a good job of maintaining the pitch so my world class dribbling skills came to naught as the quagmire glued the ball to the turf, of what little remained of it.

Ok, so he'd grow more at a better club than my club, potentially increasing his potential?

I went undefeated for five seasons myself (in my league), and resigned after losing 3-1 on the first match of the season. During the off season, I had sold every player that wasn't a product of our youth academy, and it was all going to go downhill.

Potential can't increase. However, your coaches and scouts can be wrong about a player and will readjust their feelings on the matter depending of his progress, performances or lack thereof. Considering his age, he needs first team football and Heavy training to progress and preferably but not necessarily good coaches and good facilities; his personality is good already.

I'd be selling just one player then if your criteria is HG only.

You weren’t able to do it on a cold, wet night in Stoke, I gather?

For real though one of the reasons why I couldn't cut it at u16s level (other than starting far too late) was that the pitches were in awful condition and I couldn't play like I had done for years as a kid.

Also, star rating is relative to you team. For example, someone like Bale would be 5 star at say, West Ham but is "only" 3 star at Halal Madrid. He would be the same player, but since Madrid has better players his squad status wouldn't be as high than it would be at West Ham where he'd easily be the best player in the team. That's why you carefully read scout reports and don't judge a player only through his star rating.

>peterborough poach one of my youth intake kids, a fairly promising M(R) I was considering turning into a wingback, on a free
>he doesn't join for another year or so
>retrain him as a striker to sabotage his development
>more than a year after he joined them and he's still playing as a striker in their u19s
>his attributes haven't improved whatsoever
call me petty if you want, but this is what success looks like

That's what SAF did to Wayne Rooney in retaliation for Everton poaching him as a wee lad.

What is the ideal workload? Is very heavy too much, and medium too little? Or does it depend on personality?

So for instance, if I have a player who isn't complaining about a very heavy workload, very heavy would be optimal?

lel

heavy for maximum gains before they bitch out all the time

>Or does it depend on personality?
Any player with good enough Professionalism (check scout report or personality) can handle a Heavy workload. Almost every player, including Pro ones will complain about a Very Heavy workload. If they complain about a Heavy workload, while they can still make it I'd consider either tutoring them by a more Professional player or selling them. Those who complain about a Medium workload ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO be tutored or sold or let go. They won't make it.

How significant is tutoring? If I have a player with good determination and a good personality who I'm looking to develop, is there any point in tutoring him?

I keep waiting for this guy to have a bad game so I can warn him and maybe increase his determination or workrate, but he just doesn't deliver on that front

>How significant is tutoring?
Can save a player from wasting his potential and becoming the next Balotelli. It also allows to pass some PPMs that can only be taught through tutoring.
>guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-preferred-moves

>If I have a player with good determination and a good personality who I'm looking to develop, is there any point in tutoring him?
If you have no PPMs to pass to him, not really. However it can help reinforce team cohesion if the players get along. Perhaps it helps boosting his progress a bit but I'm not sure.

Purposefully play him at a shit role/position/duty perhaps.

>Wet Spam

His workrate is so awful he refuses to work badly.

I've only recently discovered the workrate/determination boosting wonders of handing out warnings/fines and have done it so much it now feels gamey. One of my strikers went from 10 to 13 workrate in just a few months.

Can someone explain the shadowstriker role a bit?

How does it work best, what formation, what partnerships etc.

What do they even fucking do? I feel like the FM description is really fucking vague, and every time I've played one they do fuck all.

Pastebin, Pairs and Combinations.

Shadow Striker is basically an AF that plays in the AMC position.

>Nothing happens for 90 minutes
>Dollaruma parries everything
>Suddenly a highlight with 30 seconds remaining
LONG THROWS FOR THE WIN!!!!

>rubbish form
>change formation
>dominate next game, strikers have found god

Wow, thanks. I mean, who the fuck would want to watch the best team in the world™ and now five times winner?

Wew.

That wasn't too hard, was it.

WTF is this shit. Level on points identical head to head record better goal difference more goals scored. What am I missing here? Is it a bug? This has cost me 10+million quid

Cancerous defending but I'll take it. Also Valdez was a striker that I picked up for just 800k from Boca's transfer list and despite being able to play Complete Forward he required a lot of polishing, especially in composure and OTB (they were just 10 each) - he's now scored 10 in 15 and is picking up more and more goals. Can't wait to lose him in January.

I can't make sense of it either. looks like it's gone to sorting by coefficient, but like you say, it shouldn't have

>Goals against

Defend better chap.

>3 BWM tactic
Well lets see how this works out.

>Goal Difference

look again mate

>442 diamong

like tactics make a difference mate.

>Goals against

Look again, retard.

if you look at the CL group stage rules, goals against is never directly taken into account

Why would goals against have any impact, retard?

>Americunts

>Assman feels that player's progess has been limited due to his casual approach to training.

17 Det & Resolute personality on a heavy workload; how the fuck do I fix this?

I've seen this recently too. I assume it means he has super low ambition, but I'm not sure. you could try tutoring him again I guess, if you can find someone with an even better personality

reminder to terminate every injury prone player's contract

>Miles: female football in FM not commercially viable
Does this mean a certain no, or could it mean that they would be willing to risk developing it for something like FM19 anyway? Were worse looking newgens, 160cm tall newgen CDs, overpowered crosses or moronic goalkeepers commercially viable?

>worse looking newgens
Would actually be funny to see youth intakes turn into "yearly QT generator". This thread would be full of guys comparing their prettiest female newgen.

uh this isn't great

>Linfield's riches

Yeah I think the game must have erroneously sorted it by coefficient. Either that the game is more realistic that I thought and P$G paid off UEFA officials

I have to completely agree. Since I was quite the Maldini myself, but my manager always told me to stay back so I couldn't really make use of my attacking capabilities.

Now I really want it

>7-1 up
>Assman still freaking out over our lack of possession

>60+% possession
>"We're being overrun in midfield" because i'm playing a 4-3-1-2
every single time

>allowing them to nervously string 4-5 passes together after each kick off
PRESS HARDER, GET STUCK IN, HIGHER DEFENSIVE LINE, etc.

A 16 year old youth prospect scoring higher than a 6.5 in his debut is a victory for me. This guy just made a hat-trick.

>inb4 Wreaking Havik

"Cry Havik and let slip the dogs of war."
Craig Shakespeare

well yeah i do like that 2bh

>FM19 is an football management/dating sim game by Sports Intereractive

looks like we gotta move to /soc/ in a year

we've been trying to convince you to do this for months now, glad we have a set date for it now

uhm...good job taylor?

r o b b e d

Miles Jacobson @milesSI 26m26 minutes ago
More
Gameboard (pt1)
--------
------- ------
------ ------------
-----
---- -------
------ ---------
--------
------- ----- ------
------ - --

Gameboard (pt 2)
-------- and -------- -------
New -------- ------

So what are the new features?

New goalline replay

I am not autistic enough to solve this when it'll be announced in a week anyways.

i just think he's a really bored old man, he's just trying to find a way to have some fun

m-maybe next year

Nice team you picked, Glebe Park is the best ground in Scotland

ngl it was the only managerless team in the low tiers of scotland, but the town is p nice

I'ma big fan of Bobby Benedictus

No doubt the great great great great great great grandson of Kyle Benedictus

>I'm not autistic enough
don't put yourself down

he just got injured, probably running down the stairs or something

but just look at those attributes, his face, everything in him is magical, so magical that i'll keep him at the club

I think this is the first time I've seen "can't be offside in your own half" become relevant in FM
no idea what the AI is playing at sending everyone forward for a set piece 67 minutes in with the scores level

Is Zeman their manager?

It basically can't be solved, too many words and too many letters. You can pretty much make anything.
Classic SI quality.
If he even just said "This bunch of letters is for feature one, this bunch of letters is for feature 2" and so on then it'd be a huge help but as it is its a classic SI shambles.

get on steam you fucker

is this the new "check skype?" meme

no, Schafer got on steam fortunately

No, we actually know each other

I'd like to do an Asia save I think

Japan any fun?
Mongolia?

I feel like I've done all I can with PFC. Only one more season until I've unseated Fergie in the HoF

oh man why? i loved you so much, you saved my ass so many times, why did you have to

unironically in north korea until you win the asian champion's league

here you go, try to fill in the blanks

words:
--------
------- ------
------ ------------
-----
---- -------
------ ---------
--------
------- ----- ------
------ - --
--------
-------- -------
New -------- ------

d
f s
e
i
l t
y r n
c s
x
m
n a c
f a
g o g 1
r l t m u
i o a o
e t i
n s y s a n e
r p c y t
___ there are 3 features above, apparently; not all letters used, 11 more features afterwards
e l t e c r u s r t a g e c o o p e l d
r i a e
n e d s n i p i t u r
y s a o a i c s
___ at least 4 features by now
c y n i c
___ 6 features out, 5 more to come
o i d e a l v r i n n a t t s n
d a p n a r t s t a n s n c s
c e e t s a i t r r

my Pyongyong Ciy save is for when I'm morning drunk

so like, every morning?

>tripping again for this quality of posting
bad post of course, but you know that
check your msn messenger

this is a negative and untrue stereotype

only may 1

>untrue
humm.jpg

check your AOL

I got one lads

new training system

didn't ask but thanks

before i swithc from this save, can someone tell me why Right is a world class player and Left isnt, despite left outperforming him yearly?

the mentals I guess. decisions, composure etc. slightly higher
but I don't know, could it have to do with the reputation of the clubs they started at?