Why can't conservatives into music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BSE_saVX_2A
pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/generational-cohort/baby-boomer/
youtube.com/watch?v=P701paKEMXs
youtu.be/DZfKAFiPDqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*blocks your path*

If you can find this, try this album out.
The title track was a response to Barry McGuire's Eve Of Destruction.

Also try to find the album The Goldwaters Sing Folk Songs To Bug The Liberals. (Quite rare, but worth it if you can find it)

*rox your path*

It takes an open mind to be imaginative. Liberals nurture and create, while conservatives criticize and stifle progress. It's been this way for millenia.

Pop music has been traditionally created by and allied with youth culture, and the youth have always tended towards liberalism.

Why can’t liberals into politics?

Why do you think musicians sharing your (incredibly common) worldview makes you personally any less of a failure?

I dunno man. I voted Trump to stick it to SJWs for messing with my videogames and guns. But Trump came after my videogames and guns himself.

Moby's a filthy leftist globalist marxist post-modernist soyboy cuck numale, though.

They can, but they prefer dadrock and country shit
>he wasn't a Berniebro

Kate Bush is a Tory. Morrissey is anti-black. Tool is comprised of arrogant Republican trippy bros. A lot of gangster rappers aren't liberal. There's a lot of reactionary politics in metal.

Yeah he is but thats Mr. Clean

wasn't many composers conservatives?
and what does it even mean nowadays?
blame revaluation of values and phony neo-cons and neo-libs

>he wasn't a Berniebro

Bahahaha. You think Bernie actually had a shot? Trump would've called him a commie in the debates, and the label would've stuck.

>Kate Bush is a Tory
She just likes Theresa May because she's a woman, otherwise she seems relatively centrist
>Morrissey is anti-black
He hates asians, not blacks

gangster rappers aren't conservatives either
Bernie had more of a base support than Hillary, plus he was the better Democrat choice
Also I'm a collegefag and my debt keeps accumulating

Pretty sure John Maus is conservative

Eric Clapton, Varg.. the list goes on

they don't have emotions

Most of them boycot anything that slightly disagree with them.

commies were no better

smells like a bunch of colbert watching soygoys in here

>Bernie had more of a base support than Hillary

Berniebros were a vocal minority.

>plus he was the better Democrat choice

He was the riskier choice. Ideas too radical for a lot of people to stomach. Hillary would've been more of the same Obama stuff. Which would be preferable to the current shitshow.

I'm sure there must be a lot who keep quiet about it, because there's no real public persona middle ground between "no position stated" and "Ted Nugent gobshite Republican," so I assume all conservatives either keep quiet about it or are absolute fucking windbags about it
Maus is a Marxist, he'll just hang out with whoever, including right-wingers

Colbert sold out but back in the day the Colbert Report was kino

Because conservatism is an ideology doomed to stagnate

Conservatives can't do anything. It's not just music. They live their lives wanting to do what they did yesterday. No creativity.

Its mr worldwide you filthy fucking pleb

>Took The Colbert Report seriously

And do you take The Daily Show as serious news journalism as well?

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

that doesn’t make any sense. total intellectual dishonesty.

Not like this enlightened man, living each day pushing his creative boundaries on Sup Forums

Yep. Can't move forward if you're always looking back.

Colbert's roast of Bush was savage. I was too young to appreciate it at the time.
youtube.com/watch?v=BSE_saVX_2A

yes, music is never about looking back, good post user

>78544011
>"Conservative stifle progress"
>Libtards want to stifle progress because everyone's apparently a racist and misogynist, and everyone has to abide their newly invented pronoun rules or they go all fascist
>Literally "it's the best because I feel so and I've experienced it" instead of "it's the best because it's objectively the best for everyone, which is backed up by numerous statistics"
>People don't have to change themselves, others have to change how they perceive those people
Yes, conservatives are the real regressives here. Good job.

You're probably right. Old people need to hurry up and fucking die so we can get some change tbqh
On both sides
>serious journalism
It was fun and comedy has a lot of truth to it
Comedians talking about politics is preferable to some random faggot like PJW talking about it. And that kike Ben Shapiro

>Voting for trump expecting him to stick to any of the various conflicting things he claimed during his campaign
lol

Woah, don't mess with this dude. I've seen him beat up a bunch of strawmen.

Meant for

Funnily enough, strawmen which are all over the media, every fucking day.

itt: people who can’t separate their politics from their taste in art

also, “looking forward” and “progress” for solely for its own sake is the definition of regressive. some things in this world Just Work, regardless of how painful/painless it is to accept it.

except conservatism is an ideology and isn’t subject to death just because a slice of demographic dies. i can’t imagine the mentality of people like you. just sick, really.

How the fuck is progress for its own sake the definition of regressive

>conservatism isn't an ideology
By definition it is you dumb fuck
Boomers stifle advancements in society and science. Their deaths will lead to a better world since a large portion of society wont be stuck in their old ways.

And conservacucks want liberals to do too so it's not just me who's fucked up

>replying to copypasta expecting to not look like a downie
lol

Conservatism is more preservation at its core than those things. Weather that preservation be for better or worse. Criticize and stifle progress could apply to both sides when it's taken enough to the extreme

>also, “looking forward” and “progress” for solely for its own sake

Would you consider police being held accountable for their actions as "progress" for solely its own sake?

What about attempting to slow down the rise of global warming? Does preventing billions of people from being displaced and the economies of hundreds of countries tanking count as "virtue signalling"?

because like that other retard said despite not knowing what he’s talking about, it’s about nurturing and things like virtue and tradition (I.E. shit that is tried and true) which are very important to tons of people.

in other words, progress is subjective.

learn to read.

>Would you consider police being held accountable for their actions as "progress" for solely its own sake?
no, and nobody believes otherwise.
>What about attempting to slow down the rise of global warming? Does preventing billions of people from being displaced and the economies of hundreds of countries tanking count as "virtue signalling"?
no.

>Boomers stifle advancements in society and science. Their deaths will lead to a better world since a large portion of society wont be stuck in their old ways.
also, this is totally meaningless, vague, short-sighted and arguably very sociopathic. you couldn’t substantiate this if you tried.

>global warming
Ya lost me

>asking a liberal to substantiate anything at all

billy corgan is a hard conservative so idk man

>mfw a classical liberal
>mfw jefferson and locke would roll in their graves if they saw the modern state of american “liberalism”

Boomers are religousfags and profited from a time where society/economy and the world were much different. They don't want to adapt, simple as that.

Based magapede

Lmao what a snowflake

Reality has a well known liberal bias

>classical liberal
Almost as big a meme as a libertarian

Conservatives are anti natural

>Boomers are religousfags and profited from a time where society/economy and the world were much different.

again, this is just totally vague and meaningless. you don’t any religious leftists or liberals exist? all you have to offer are dumb stereotypes fed to you by CNN.

But the red army choir is the best thing to come out of Russia

>all you have to offer are dumb stereotypes fed to you by fox news

that would be shostakovich, thank you very much

nah dude

>maybe something will become established if i say it is!
i can’t take this much dishonesty in one thread.

except fox has been proven many times to be a deceitful network and i don’t watch them.
try again.

Anything I might say would be vague and meaningless to you
Religousfag /= just being religious, most liberals are "religious" and just believe in God because their family does. They really don't practice or study their religion much.
>implying I pay for cable

also, what stereotypes have i uttered in this thread even? deflection doesn’t work like this — you’re painfully underage.

>Anything I might say would be vague and meaningless to you
i’d certainly be skeptical given your track record in this thread but you’ve yet to provide any statistics or evidence for what you’re spouting here. again, just stereotypes upon stereotypes that sound good to the uneducated mind.

You know what I'm saying is true, some play dumb. Statistically and anecdotally.
pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/generational-cohort/baby-boomer/

>the uneducated mind
Pic related is you, narcissistic faggot

Musicians are far more open which helps with creativity, but are less organized and thus tend to have a harder time managing their life and taking on responsibility. Even comparing successful musicians to successful business owners who are more likely to be conservative; the conservative business owner has a higher chance of maintaining his wealth and investing it in sustainable financial ventures compared to the musicians. This translates to musicians being more left leaning, but also lack some comprehension in the type of responsibilities that should be expect of people to organize a society. The conservative business owner is probably more right leaning, but probably does not have very good or interesting taste in music or other extremely creative fields.

So yes, while artists tend to be left leaning, but that also means that if you meet someone and they tell you they are some sort of musician or artist, you probably should take their political opinions with a grain of salt.

>Tool is comprised of arrogant Republican trippy bros
There's a photo of Danny Carey wearing a shirt that has a swaztika and says "Vote Republican"

Liberals don't appreciate whatever has been nurtured for a long time, they would rather destroy it or just ignore it completely.

>You know what I'm saying is true
how manipulative and desperate can you get lmao

as for your irrelevant study, i never denied the fact that boomers are often religious, that wasnt what i was referring to, i’m mostly concerned about everything else you said.

>spouts uneducated nonsense
>utterly shocked when someone calls you out
pic related is you

that's Brian Eno you retard

Why does everything have to be smothered by politics?

youtube.com/watch?v=P701paKEMXs

Also, they don't like to follow rules created to preserve something. Like in music theory, like in composition. For liberals, the easiest way is the best way, and that's how you start to destroy something.

Liberals are lazy niggers.

the left’s problem is that they just don’t understand *why* some things are tradition and filled with virtue for so many generations. it’s like they’re going through some sort of extended adolescence where they something, where they must rebel against everything solely for its own sake.

modern ‘liberalism’ is an intellectually dishonest disease. i heard somewhere that this generation is a lot more conservative than the last and i’m glad people are finally waking up.

Not the guy you're responding to, but your goalpost moving damage control is embarrassing.

Alright user, you just want to be argumentative, move the goal post, and feign ignorance. That's fine
>posting Sup Forumseddit shit
SAD!

except im not moving any goal posts. not once did i deny that boomers are often religious. point out where i did that, ill wait.

I totally hope so. Nothing more hopeless than seeimg people wanting to be le ebin progressivist innovator. Take note libs, what you are doing is ignoring an already consolidated structure and making mistakes because you can't take your time to learn your shit.

>feign ignorance
again, just because you claim something is established doesn’t make it true. you have no argument and should rethink over your sociopolitical views.

*extended adolescence or something, where they must

the left also doesn’t understand that people aren’t retarded golems who need to have their hands held for everything. personal responsibility is much healthier.

Me and my buddy write songs and are both fiscal conservative and classical liberal although we care about maintaining things like national identity and heritage.
Yes because calling one political spectrum uncreative is definitely not closed minded right?

Modern 'liberalism' is nothing but infantile / impractical wishful thinking by boomers still rebelling against their parents who desire to impose upon the rest of us

youtu.be/DZfKAFiPDqU

good life advice: nothing in this world is self-evident and everything requires substantiation.

enjoy your eventual 18th birthday.

>personal responsibility is much healthier.

Personal responsibility doesn't mean shit when you're treated differently based on your gender/skin color. I'm sure both sides would agree with this.

>Generalizing
Oh no, you are not doing it well.

Do you think people don't notice you deflecting from the statistics he posted?

Are you one of those "racial discrimination is over, cuz a black man was able to become president" regressives?

true, thankfully we don’t live in the jim crow era anymore and most people are a lot more civilized and educated when it comes to race and gender.

unless of course you believe women and people of color are still oppressed on a systematic basis in this country, in which case i’m gonna need to see some solid evidence.

i addressed this already. read over the thread before opening your mouth next time.

i don’t think anyone believes racial discrimination is over, but it’s certainly not as widespread (let alone legal) in this country as you think it is.

The idea that the two are in conflict is a false dichotomy pushed by conservatives like Peterson.

>i addressed this already.

You pretty much yelled "lolol, fake news!". You were wrong. I know it can be hard to accept, but it's what functioning adults do.

>unless of course you believe women and people of color are still oppressed on a systematic basis in this country, in which case i’m gonna need to see some solid evidence.

I could post studies showing people with non-white sounding names being passed over at much higher rates than whites for job interviews, or studies showing african americans being arrested at 6 times the rate of whites for drug possession despite usage rates being close to equal for both groups. Either way, you'd probably deem it "fake news" and deflect. So it's pointless.

why is it wrong?

you didn’t look at the study he posted.

all the study confirmed was that baby boomers are often religious. that’s it. when did i deny this? i’ll ask again: point out where i denied this. people like you who interject conservations without bothering to read context are better off just not talking at all.

go ahead and post those studies though.

also,
>non-white sounding names

this is an example of a racial stereotype. good job ousting yourself, fucknut.

Why can't liberals into real music? Go back to your shitty indie bands.

>Ctrl+F
>Studies

nada

what are you talking about

>but are less organized and thus tend to have a harder time managing their life and taking on responsibility

Can you actually provide evidence of this massive generalization you just made?

Is he conservative? Proof pls

You've got nothing but other people's "studies".

You can't speak from experience.
That means I don't need to take you srsly
you get nada

Correction, conservatives can't into the nu-male indie pop trash that you're into.
Most metal musicians are conservative.

???
anecdotes are not evidence, science is. how stupid are you?