New Mount eerie

stereogum.com/1986421/stream-mount-eerie-now-only/music/album-stream/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1MFG5Fco-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=kChGBKuJt6Q
stereogum.com/1986421/stream-mount-eerie-now-only/music/album-stream/
npr.org/2018/03/08/590957789/first-listen-mount-eerie-now-only?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20180308
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>New nu-male garbage
ftfy

>dude my wife is dead lmao

fuck off

ok
i didn't know he wasn't like here no more

Might listen to it

why isn't Sup Forums going nuts about this

For some reason they don't like Phil anymore

>dude my first exposure to phil's music was crow lmao

YOU fuck off, newfag.

honestly after reddit ama. i dislike this guy
music is great, but i'd avoid talking to him irl

likeable people make shit music

>likeable people make shit music
not true btw
example: youtube.com/watch?v=V1MFG5Fco-Q

imagine being this wrong

will this be Fantano's big one-zero?

its beautiful

youtube.com/watch?v=kChGBKuJt6Q

I've talked to him on multiple occasions and he's extremely nice, even in the wake of his wife's death, he never came off as dismissive or meandering. He's a sort of dry, comedic person, and I don't think it translated well to the reddit format.

Not bad

anyone got a dl link?

alright track by track here
>tintin in tibet
made me cry. can hear more lush instrumentation than crow looked at me. good song
>distortion
easily best song on the album. love the guitar and the almost aimless kind of feel. reminds me of wilco's 'one sunday morning' funny enough. great track. not exclusively about his dead wife but she's the source of these feelings about remembrance and what the past is so theres no getting away from it
>now only
even if the melody is happy sounding its stil terribly depressing... ironic and sarcastic happiness. good song.
>earth
probably the darkest song on here... explicitly talking about chunks of bones in his dead wifes ashes and wondering if it was her finger and shit... song has a weird feel to it theres this part where he uses a bunch of feedback and it feels like a darkness creeping into your vision almost.
>two paintings by nikolai whatshisname
probably my least favorite song lyrically, but is alright sonically.
>crow pt 2
and we cap it off with more sadness. the gutiar work on this track is simply beautifull. toss up between this song and distortion for my favorite. talking about his daughter and making breakfast and bringing home the idea of calcified grief... sobbing and eating eggs... carrying a half sleeping child through a forest who's making up stories in her mind, almost dreaming. good shit phil. the ending really makes your chest feel empty. damn dude

good album never had so much fun crying

I really liked looking at the two paintings he talks about while listening to the song
made it more tangible in a way

title track is easily my favourite off the record. It's incredible throughout though

do i need to be white to cry to this. i thought the shit was okay. but i've heard sadder shit
help me out here.

>hey guys im not gonna make actual music but here's me moaning my dead wife over two chords thanks don't forget to send money btw xoxo

its the patrician way to make music t b h

>I listen to Mount Eerie/The Microphones

t. pork dork

lol why do nu-males look a like?

it's not just about how sad it is for me, it's how blunt and direct and idk

also this new one isn't just sad, it's also a different more mature point of view and a reflection on everything

>stereogum.com/1986421/stream-mount-eerie-now-only/music/album-stream/
Is it too late? Can't seem to find it

'ere you go m8

npr.org/2018/03/08/590957789/first-listen-mount-eerie-now-only?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nprmusic&utm_term=music&utm_content=20180308

everyone deals with loss and grieving in the way thats most comfortable for them. my dad died a little over a year ago and even though the context is different the directness and bluntness and thinking about death resonated with me intensely.

ahh i see. sorry for your loss Brothers.

tyvm

nice lol

its everything a crow looked at me lacked, could this be the big 10 for Phil?

I'm relistening to crow and I feel like it has more sonic and lyrical variety... Idk, am I on crack?

yeah, you are. I loved Crow but it was basically a one-note album, I'm pretty sure that almost all the song use some sort of variation on the same 4 or 5 chords.