Is this the greatest stand-up album of all time?

Is this the greatest stand-up album of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7auvTMm47uM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's loud, without much nuance or substance.

Do comedy and spoken word albums belong in Sup Forums?

No

Yes

Maybe

Alex pls go

youtube.com/watch?v=7auvTMm47uM

DUDE DRUGS AND SHIT LMAO

>compilation album
kys

Bill Hicks is just Doug Stanhope for people who find Frankie Boyle's standup too offensive

doug stanhope has his moments but he rambles on too much

can anyone who has knowledge of the comedy world make sense of this? i've been staring at this post for the last few minutes

I don't know.

>Doug Stanhope
he's shit

This, he became a royal asshole who had nothing to do but yall at the audiences he hated. I can relate sometimes but he ended up a freakshow.

Where else would they go?

No
>inb4 all sound is music

Sup Forums

nice Alex Jones thread, OP.

He had a lot to say, he had a lot of nothing to say we'll miss him

uhhh, he's still saying a lot and nothing while treating Sup Forums like they're babies looking at a dangling key chain.

t. i have never listened to tool

Uh, what?

I like Rant In E Minor more. Bill Hicks is easily top 3 along with Carlin and Emo Philips.

>Sup Forums
ya reall funny but dont quit yer day job,
if Sup Forums can have discussion about field recordings it can have discussion about comedy and spoken word albums

big multi-national oil corporations are BAD!!

such a funny guy

what did that dead horse ever do to you?

Found the drumpftard

reagan was a piece of shit! please clap for me this was funny!!

You're on the wrong side of history

>yeah, im somewhat of a carlin and hicks fan myself

dont worry guys we're all just the universe experiencing itself subjectively

we are but inevitable iterations of possibilities and who you are and what you think are as arbitrary as the order of grains of sand in a desert

oh god those shades are ugly

Hicks was the gateway into my love of stand-up; I'll forever be in awe of "Sane Man" and "Revelations."
This album is good. However, it's similar to all of Hicks' material; so much of the "comedy" is lost in the rants. You don't feel like you know the man. There are moments of genius scattered throughout "Arizona Bay," but so much of the material comes from a man who knows he's dying and is trying to spread the message of what he feels is important, and this causes him to miss the mark on what would otherwise be some damn good comedy.
7/10.

As an alternative, I'd recommend Stanhope's "Beer Hall Putsch" or "Before Turning the Gun on Himself" for 'Best of All Time.'

For comparison purposes, here's an overlong explanation.
Stanhope has talked about his admiration and disdain for Hicks. Both guys hate(d) the "establishment" for imposing structures on society and had an inherent mistrust in government (which is particularly odd in Hicks' case, considering his fondness of left-ism).Both guys are / were angry, opinionated, and have / had problems with alcohol.
The contrast (with the imposition of Boyle), is that Stanhope is more abrasive and personal. He lets people in to see who he is (similar to Boyle). Hicks never let who he was out on stage. Just a lot of opinions and mild profanity (in comparison to Boyle and Stanhope).

Have you never heard tool?

L E A R N T O S W I M
E
A
R
N

T
O

S
W
I
M

Your criticism of Hicks is that he wasn't genuine or abrasive enough. You are an idiot.

Every US president in history has been a piece of shit. You cannot refute this. Trump was the lesser of two evils, doesnt make him not a piece of shit.

>Abe Lincoln

>lawyer who beat and neglected his mentally ill wife
Yep.

It was an opinion / evaluation of the other user's Frankie Boyle analysis. It was all conjecture. I wasn't saying I agreed with it. Way to "imply."