Heroin use in U.S. reaches "alarming" 20-year high

>Heroin use has reached the highest level in 20 years in the United States, according to a new global drug report that calls the trend "alarming."
>The UN Office on Drugs and Crime released its World Drug Report 2016 today. The annual report examines the health impact of opiates, cocaine, cannabis, amphetamine and other substance abuse around the world.
>There were about one million heroin users in the U.S. as of 2014, almost three times the number in 2003. Deaths related to heroin use have increased five-fold since 2000.
>"More Americans now die every year from drug overdoses than they do in motor vehicle crashes," a White House statement noted the time.
>Between 2006 and 2013, the number of first-time heroin users nearly doubled, and about 90 percent of these first-time users were white
cbsnews.com/news/heroin-use-in-u-s-reaches-alarming-20-year-high/

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

infowars.com/isis-burns-cia-opium-fields-in-afghanistan/
youtube.com/watch?v=MsnNpfZNCMI
youtube.com/watch?v=V3mqwkgv_PQ
whitehouse.gov/ondcp/global-heroin-market
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Feminism

Good, weeds out the degenerates.

Heroin is now a normie drug

fucking white people, let em od, less problems for us right Sup Forums?

>What went wrong?
People are just looking for happiness. And nothing makes you more happy than opiates.

/thread

>What went wrong?

Treating people in "emergency" situations, using tax-payer funds, no matter the cause.

You want to stick heroin in your eyeballs? Have fun, buddy, but when you overdose, you should get turned away from every hospital you manage to crawl to.

Man, I sure am glad Dubbya invaded Afghanistan and set our American military to protecting the CIA's cash crop poppy fields which Karzai's druglord administration transforms into heroine. Those Taliban fucks were CRAZY, they BURNT poppy fields!

The CIA funded opium fields in Afghanistan to continue fighting the War on Drugs, lining the pockets of Law Enforcement, the DEA, and Prison Corporations.

infowars.com/isis-burns-cia-opium-fields-in-afghanistan/

Because so many high schoolers and college students are experimenting with taking xanax and getting shitfaced. As well as people having surgeries (like their wisdom teeth removed) and being prescribed pain killers.

It's coming from Mexico and Colombia

It's coming from all over the fucking place dude.

>The CIA funded opium fields in Afghanistan to continue fighting the War on Drugs, lining the pockets of Law Enforcement, the DEA, and Prison Corporations

No its more that Purdue invented Oxycontin, then invented pain management and doctors starred prescribing Opiates for sprained ankles and back pain

This, then it is poured in by Mexican drug lords who like all drug and crime lords are primarily Jewish. There is that famous one from Chile who is a Jew.

>back pain
>pain killers.

Lol no good doctor would ever prescribe painkillers when the back is injured.

There's nothing wrong with heroin man....it's natural.......people used it as medicine for......................
>nods off for 10 minutes
...........................................................>wipes drool
Hundreds of years.

>heart stops

My sister OD'd last month. They really need to stop worry about weed and focus on the stuff that can kill you.

You're not entirely wrong. The world is also becoming a more bitter and cynical place. The average person is sinking more and more in basic morale. Depression and anxiety diagnoses are more and more prevalent by the day. No one is happy anymore.

No that guys right the Sinaloa cartel has muscled out the traditional east Asian opium dealers in recent years

the heroin they are making is 100% stronger now than it was 10 years ago... now you dont even need to shoot up to become super reckt.. its so pure you can just snort it

People are checking out of life.

God bless Mexican cartels.

This. These doctors need to stop handing out pills like candy too. And it's terrible because it will just be harder for people with real chronic pain to get any relief, but so many of them deal with the pain to make money.

It's a fantastic to cull the herds of low-IQ people who have been left behind by the knowledge economy. These people were as good as dead the moment they first stuck a needle into their arm, not that any of them were ever going to contribute anything of significance to the economy or society as a whole in the first place.

The CIA should honestly send us even more abnormally strong batches so that the problem takes care of itself even more quickly than it already is.

TLDR: And nothing of value was lost.

t. Paramedic from the Boston area.

OR people can stop being fucking degenerates you'll get no sympathy here faggot

its not just low class people

got your narcon training?

Women doctors are almost always incompetent.

Many of them aren't necessarily stupid, just depressed. Not that it gives them that much more of an excuse to become junkies.

Who is really the degenerate when you've got a medical industrial complex that prescribes literal synthetic heroin to people for every day aches and pains

Do you realize how much tax money is spent on these people when they fuck themselves up? If you don't care about public safety think about the money.

I hope you or somebody you love falls on a dirty syringe.

you cant even teach your children not to be racist, i doubt they learn how to not do drugs.

enjoy your culture.

>its all the govt maaaaan
>they're out to git cha maaaaan
>muh pharmaceuticals maaaaan

*spits on the ground*

drug addicted plebeians have no place in the new American Empire (AE)

Trying to fix this shit world by fixing myself.
Step one: don't try fucking heroin.

Hey mexico maybe stop flooding our streets with super cheap/pure heroin and we wont be so racist towards your culture

I agree and I don't feel sympathy for them. But I'd rather have money go to them than some illegal Mexican and her 10 fucking "legal" anchor babies. Both are a huge fucking waste though and will continue to be because no one will combat the source of these problems

People with heroin addiction will murder you for $10 to buy more heroin.

More heroin users than ever is a very scary thing.

>weed isn't a gateway drug

>lecturing an American on drugs
>Mexican

It's overwhelmingly low-class people, and the middle/upper middle-class people who become addicts are generally the idiots and losers who didn't have anything going for them despite all the privileges and opportunities that they grew up with.

These are kids getting communications degrees at 4th rate private party schools, or kids "taking a break" after high school to figure out whether they want to apply to the local 3rd-tier state college to get a degree in business/education/general studies or not. The rest are all little more than white trash who didn't even have the intelligence/motivation to become skilled trades or public safety personnel.

Nobody gets hooked on heroin who had a life that was going anywhere significant.

Darwin strikes from the grave. Ban assult evolution.

Now days most people start on hydrocodone, then Percocet, then OxyContin, then go broke and go to heroin.

Big Pharma and subsequent pill mills. Prescription opioids became readily available for a while (read long enough to get people hooked) and then became tightly regulated. Heroin is now much cheaper than pills so people just shoot up instead to get their fix.

I say it needs to get really popular among the college kids. We were doing great when they were all od'ing from pills. When the rich kids die something gets done about it. Heroin is mostly just killing the poor and middle class right now. More scumbag, liberal, millenials need to choke on their own vomit.

>Hurr but drugs are totally cool and safe!
>1960s mannnn!
>Muh "war on drugs" meme

Do what Singapore does. Strict liability for hard drug traffickers: You traffic -> You die.

Deterrents work when the death penalty is used liberally against criminals like this.

Found the NEET dreamer

That's right! Sick of these Edomites

That's exactly why we should just let them die.

We have to invest tens (hundreds) of thousands of dollars on intensive treatment, all in the hopes that there might be a slim chance that Sully or Briyanna will be able to stay sober long enough to get a part-time job at Dunkin Donuts or Best Buy where they'll still be on the dole anyways.

SPOILER ALERT: They won't.

not sure if troll

Do you know any functioning Heroin addicts? I used to sell H. Its all kinds of people... street scum, lawyers, business owners, highly educated, drop outs. Maybe youre just perceptive enough to notice

The island you never hear about, Staten island the dump land shit hole has the most heroin users

Legalize and usage will plummet.

>prescribe opiates like candy
>get everyone addicted
>lol governments cracking down sorry no more painkillers
>surplus of cheap heroin on the streets
>local news even tells you EXACTLY where to go to cold cop
>massive amounts of addicts switch to dope because it's cheaper than buying pills on the street
>it's now extremely hard for people with legitimate pain to get opiates
>they buy pills on the street and eventually just start grabbing dope
>Jews make billions off the white man's misery

because of pain pills. they got everyone hooked. then took them away raised prices etc.

>call people names to shield from my own degeneracy

The drug war is woefully underfunded it appears.

Was on the tube a couple of weeks back and there was a drug addled subhuman swaying about spilling his bottle of fizzy drink onto everyone.

Tell me Sup Forums, the completely rational thing to do with these people is put them in a tightly regulated and controlled labor camp. Work really will set you free.

I neglected this in my pill mill rant. Thanks for pointing it out. I thought I was the only one that saw the connection. I had some opioids when my wisdom teeth got infected and had to be removed and it honestly didn't do shit for the pain, it just made me feel good enough to not care.

I like the cut of your jib.

i wonder what could be behind this exponential rise in prescribing opiates

I'm a PA major in my third year, in one of the most selective programs in the country. I'm also hooked on heroin. Many bright individuals in my college are as well. It's not as simple as "only losers get hooked". It's a disease.

I got prescribed Oxy because I said I was in a lot of pain in one area. Just my word alone was enough reason.

It's also sad when women get addicted and whore themselves out. I don't think there's anything more depressing than a pretty white girl getting hooked on hard drugs.

hmm sexual revolution led to harem esque situation so now men like me have 5 girls including your wife and your killing yourself because you feel unloved

yeh thats probably it
i couldnt get hard on cocaine so i had to quit

He didn't say low class, he said low IQ.

this exactly. it happened to me any literally like %50 of my friends. I seen so many lives ruined because of this.then it's harder for them to get suboxone so they dont fuck with it unless they have rich parents or whatever. it's a trap

it's okay to get painkillers if you'r eold though.

>paramedic

think you're in the wrong line of work lad

They don't just shoot up once and die.

They get strung out, commit all sorts of crimes, leave needles laying around, game the welfare system, etc.

This too. functioning drug addicts come from all backgrounds.

what if someone attacks you by sticking heroine in your eyes?

No jobs and despair. It is Obama fault. Hope became disappointment. Changed for worse. No border controls so the drugs flow over the border like water.

You serious? Dickens, Poe, Hemingway... the list goes on and on and on.. how can you be this ignorant?

Nice dubs.

There's a world of difference between a functional addict who can more or less compensate (in the short term) to support their habit, because it's what allows them to keep on doctoring, lawyering, financing, or singing/songwriting, and someone for whom their best-case alternative would be shuffling around the sales floor of the local 2nd-rate Hyundai dealership for a month or two before they're canned for not being effective salesmen, or working at some strip mall nail salon in Methuen.

BIG HINT:. The former is also much, MUCH more effective at breaking the habit, because they actually have other important things going on in their lives to look forward to and to motivate them to quit the H.

Here's a novel concept, don't stick a fucking needle in your arm in the first place. This isn't the fucking 60's when maybe you're given the benefit of the doubt of not knowing how harmful and destructive heroin is.
Literally every god damn novel, film, tv show, or other media about heroin talks about how it ruins your life. But you thought you'd somehow be the outlier that could function? You fucking nitwit.

Maybe it has to do with Marijuana having it's foot through the door for legalization and the dealers need a new product.

You should kys for selling poison

Well I guess you see ... double

>yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.jpg

Einstein shot up cocaine

>holy shit! What would happen if I could travel at the speed of light!

See

>ctrl f
>Oxycontin
>3 results

Babys entry level opioid that you yanks seem to like handing out like candy. This is a major contributing factor.

>paramedic
>doesnt understand that substance abuse is rooted in suffering
You should change jobs.

ASS TO ASS

Plenty of high IQ people turn to dope. It isn't just window lickers.

Heroin is a substitute for love and optimism for the future.

ban naloxone. give Darwin his way.

thats what happens when the cia want to make money out of afghanistans poppy fields, see the true cost of defeating the taliban.

actually it's oxycodone and dilaudids more. oxycontin is weak now and hard to even abuse

also fent is some brutal shit. easy to OD even if not a noob

Our country doesn't understand drug abuse at all Nigel

now you're just straight up backpeddaling. I know you're probably on Sup Forums to vent frustrations but when you say edgy then either stick with it or just admit you were being edgy for the sake of catharsis

This post basically. Look how it worked for the cia and crack cocaine.

Growing drug culture, the idea that a pill is safer, over-prescription, and an unsecured border.

Build that wall family

I did heroin as a kid, but never got hooked

Fortunately for me opiates fuck with my nervous system and I find it hard to breathe on the comedown - i always have to breathe manually when coming down off smack

In any case its not as ruinous a habit as the media say - takes months or even years to form a proper physical habit and even then it doesn't considerably damage the body. The wasted junkies you see look like that because the lifestyle ruins them.

Keith richards has been doing heroin for 50 years and the man is in great shape, many other examples in showbiz

Stimulants like amphetamines will ruin you much faster because they destroy your actual brain which heroin doesn't

youtube.com/watch?v=MsnNpfZNCMI youtube.com/watch?v=V3mqwkgv_PQ mexico delivers heroin, china sends the meth. whitehouse.gov/ondcp/global-heroin-market

>live in Illinois
>state gov cracks down hard on painkillers
>get stabbed (lol chiraq)
>have to have finger reattached
>lol here take these shitty ass hydro 5s
>take less than it says on the bottle
>still run out before they're willing to refill it
>was OK because I had a stash of old hydros
>they cut off my script a month early so I "won't get addicted"
>literally still stitches in my hand
>already was addicted anyway
>had to buy opiates on the street for over another month to even finish PT and use hand again
>spent hundreds of dollars on pills just to take less than I was even prescribed
>had to deal with fucking junkies
>tapered off as soon as I couldn't afford it any more
Fucking junkies ruined this shit for people who have severe pain forever. I agree docs shouldn't pass em out for minor pain, but fucking over people who just had major surgery just because the government told them not to give decent pain pills to anyone ever is bullshit.

>Growing drug culture

The left is responsible for this.

Everywhere you look, the use of drugs is trivialized in the media.

Seems like you are cool with judging the value of a persons life based on his occupation so the heroin use really shouldn't matter much to a person like you

how is the air up there?

This

canadians are superior drug abusers, fentanyl is killing our addicts by the hundreds.

When we see an animal suffering, and know the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of there being that there is nothing that we can do to relieve their suffering or make their lives better, we choose to put them out of their misery because it is honestly the most humane thing we can do when faced with the likely alternatives.

Why we do not offer our fellow humans that same sense of realistic compassion, and instead choose to prolong their inevitable suffering in order to assuage our own consciences, is completely beyond me.

Lost my brother to heroin in 2012.
It's made me come to the belief our country needs to reform our outlook on drugs and drug abuse in general. I don't care whether it happens or not though because it's very unlikely.

No one else is to blame but the addict. Sorry for you others here who've lost people that way.

Yeah, I took ibuprofen/codeine for my back pain a while back. Serious, chronic back-pain resulting from actual physiological issues with my spine (I've had it since I was a teenager). It does have legitimate uses.

Fucking Breaking Bad and fucking Jesse Pinkman making drugs lel so cool.

>Been using opiates, including heroin recreationally for years. Mostly on weekends.
>Never OD'd

What's so difficult to understand about moderation?

this is what you get when you legalize marijuana
those junkies want stronger stuff

So you're asking why don't we regulate euthanasia? Kek

So youre a habitual opium user

keep on lying to yourself bro

>It's coming from Mexico and Colombia

y-you're kidding, right

or are you an *actual*, CIA-paid shill?

what the fuck happened in Afghanistan after the U.S. invaded? Opium production, which had been all but stamped out under the Taliban, erupted to heights unseen before. Our troops are actually GUARDING the crops.

I guess the cia can no longer make so much from crack and now they have diversified their investments

I would say the rights "Drugs are bad and will ruin your life" meme is more dangerous.

Kids all grow up believing this and then when they see that pot or adderall wont kill you, wont ruin your life and sometimes even improves your quality of life they assume everything they have been told is a lie.

Fuck the right/left narrative, just have an honest discussion about drugs.