Slint thread

I've really been digging this band lately, would love to be able to talk about them in more detail

Suggestions for talking points:
>How does Tweez compare to Spiderland?
>What are their best songs?
>What made spiderland such a masterpiece?
>Are there any other albums like Spiderland, waiting to be discovered by the masses?

Also feel free to share rare facts and pictures, no Slint hate pls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oUEpi18cVIA
rateyourmusic.com/list/Priestbob/scratching-that-spiderland-itch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

spiderland is the best mucore album desu

tweez has some good musical experiments but is no where near as good

power rank:
spiderland
slint ep
tweez

Slint is literally Magic Band for plebs.

Good Morning, Captain

>Are there any other albums like Spiderland, waiting to be discovered by the masses?

Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You
Died - Died EP
Shipping News - Flies the Fields
June of 44 - Four Great Points
lowercase - The Going Away Present

give those a listen

Have you listened to their EP?
youtube.com/watch?v=oUEpi18cVIA

Also if you haven't seen the Breadcrumb Trail documentary I'd recommend that. Gives a history of the band, the Lousiville scene in the 80s, and some fun stories

LTIY is getting there

>very different, no way near as good but still worth a listen as a fairly experimental noise rock album
>don, aman is my favourite
>the lyrics, production and performances create a uniquely sinister and creepy atmosphere
>june of 44, a minor forest, bastro, rodan all have a similar sound, even fugazi and unwound toyed with it. Shipping news and big ups too if you're looking for something more contemporary

I think when they did Tweez they were still experimenting and trying to find their sound. It's a good album that was key to achieve the masterpiece that is Spiderland. That said, Carol is one of their best and most powerful songs. It amazes me that they are able to convey that much raw emotion with just three lines.

>I SAID GOODBYE TO THE GROOOUUUNNDD

this album is the one that made me realise that there are "click" albums. I hated it at first.

Their EP is fucking good.

i made a list with similar albums

rateyourmusic.com/list/Priestbob/scratching-that-spiderland-itch

if anyones got suggestions i'll add them

Yup, more people need to realize that those exist

Tweez is a great album, but Spiderland is undeniably the greater of the two. I personally think that Washer > Good Morning, Captain > Breadcrumb Trail > Nosferatu Man > Don, Aman > For Dinner. Spiderland has interesting instrumentation, cool odd time signatures that don't go overboard, great guitar, bass and drum work, they were all fantastic players and at a young age too. Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You is the closest I've found.

Many Slint fans seem to love Unwound, me included

They're two of the most well-known post-hardcore bands, so it's hardly surprising.

not at all in terms of similarity
Breadcumb Trail, Nosferatu Man
innovative concepts such as math rock drumming, spoken word lyrics, and tense guitars
yes. Science 1994 by Indian Summer and Today's Active Lifestyles by Polvo

And yet nobody knows about Unwound.

I really hope they one day get their well deserved attention. They were consistently putting out nearly flawless albums and none of it grabbed the attention of the masses.

I've been listening to them nonstop for over 2 years now and I'm not even tired of it. No other artist have held my attention for as long except Bruce Springsteen.

Soy. The thread. Fuck slint.

>Died EP
hell yeah. glad to see some love for Died on here

fuck off Slint is for chads