Unexpected Sports Presents from Relatives

>Aunt and uncle got me a Ken Griffey Jr. Jersey
>I grew up going to Cubs games and had no interest in Griffey

>not wanting the jersey of the one and only blatant roider that not a single member of the media hated

Can I have it you ingrate?

I knew a kid who had a Charlotte Hornets Starter Jacket in first grade. He didn't like basketball, had no connection to Charlotte, and since we lived near Chicago was surrounded by Chicago Bulls jackets.

Still, I was really glad he had that jacket. Because how much it stood out, it took a lot of heat off of my uncool and too small Osh Kosh B'Gosh coat.

Oh Christ, you guys must remember being in elementary school and getting presents that didn't really match your interests.

>family friends are trying to get me a birthday present
>parents tell them I'm really into a baseball team from Chicago
>birthday comes around
>it's a fucking Whos hat

I outright refused it

My wife got me a Richard Sherman jersey. Haven't ever touched it. As if I want to wear that loud ignorant nigger's jersey.

>Nebraskan Grandparents got me a Cornhuskers sweatshirt when I was 7
>Didn't really understand sweatshirts yet
>Wore it to 1st grade in August with no shirt underneath
>It was an extremely hot sweatshirt
>The school had no air conditioning

I never wore it again after that day.

hmm

my aunt, who lived in houston, gave me a baseball signed by Ken Caminiti for Christmas one year. it was unexpected because she usually gave us towels or flashlights.

this was before he od'd himself.

>get a pair of figure skates for my birthday
>and lessons for a year
>forced to skate for 5 years
>instead of hockey like I wanted
>finally allowed to quit
>realize years later I was dumb as shit for quitting
>could have been surrounded by hot athletic teenage pussy for as long as I liked with little competition for it
>but no because durr figure skating is gay
Fml.

I was given a Brazil soccer shirt when I was 12 or so that was massive on me but that I'd "grow into"

I'm 23 now and it's still too big for me

>Grandma got me a shirt that said "Kick This" and had a picture of a soccer ball on it
>I didn't like soccer and knew wearing the shirt would be equivalent to wearing a "kick-me" sign at school
>The shirt was way too big so I never had to wear it

>yfw she asks u to put it on when u fuck

If you are a male figure skater you grow up to become a guy like this

Be glad you didn't figure skate.

My mom almost got me a Red Wings shirt when she was visiting my brother back when he lived in Michigan.

We're from San Jose.

Thankfully my dad was smart enough to talk her out of it.

Grew up in texas. Family from D.C. kept giving me redskins gear. Grew up a skins fan ever since.

Rude as fuck desu.

Whos have better fans

Wrong. If I had stuck with FS, that's the kind of guy I would have been competing with for quality puss. Would have been like taking candy from a babby.

I literally had girls subtly competing with each other for my attention at 12 years old but was too dumb to notice.

Kek parents got me that same jacket and I grew up in New England I think they were new expansion team during that same time those jackets were out

Than a couple years later they get me a phillies jacket even though I was a Red Sox fan. Now that I think of it they probably just bought what was on sale

Not actually mine but close enough.
>wife (gf at the time) has a brother with a history of giving her stuff that doesn't really make sense
>gets her a chicago bulls piggy bank one year
>she doesn't give a fuck about sports, i'm from oklahoma and a huge thunder fan
>she asks what made him think of that one
>he says "because you like bulls"
>it doesn't even look like a bull, it's shaped like a pig with horns in their team colors

The next year she asked for a Dan Brown book and he got her one by a guy named Don Brown. I can't decide if he just sucks at getting presets or is a really good subtle troll.

He's trolling and she's sleeping with black guys bro

>Mom hates football
>As a joke bet $5 on The Bears to win the Superbowl last year
>Gave her the betslip before the season started
>She got excited because the bet was paying out something like $600 if The Bears could actually win
>Was very disappointed when I told her in January that the Bears were not going to the Superbowl and seemed stunned they'd only won 3 games