9. 'Palette' - IU
10. 'If We Were Vampires' - Jason Isbell
11. 'This Is Why We Ca... - Taylor Swift
12. 'It's Everyday Bro' - Jake Paul
13. 'Out of My Head' - Charli XCX featuring Tove Lo and Alma
14. 'Rich Ass Junkie' - Gucci Mane
15. 'Claws in Your Back' - Julien Baker
16. 'Trippin' - DJ Taye
17. 'Krippy Kush (Remix)' - Farruko, Nicki Minaj & Bad Bunny, feat. 21 Savage & Rvssian
18. 'Dum Surfer' - King Krule
19. 'Territory' - The Blaze
20. 'Change' - Lana Del Rey
21. 'Havana' - Camila Cabello featuring Young Thug
22. 'Bellyache' - Billie Eilish
23. 'Flex Like Ouu' - Lil Pump
24. 'Alan' - Perfume Genius
25. 'Finesse (Remix)' - Bruno Mars

nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/08/magazine/25-songs-future-of-music.html?

>"Then there’s the really fascinating part. People in their 20s are having a new experience: They are, for the first time, noticing some of the things actual teenagers enjoy and are being completely appalled, both morally and aesthetically. A flood of young rappers is scoring hits with music that baffles grown rap fans with its slurry boneheadedness — plus they’re as alarmingly devoted to pharmaceuticals as rock stars once were to heroin."

>"There are areas of pop that could use a yank back toward wrestling with the stranger, murkier parts of human experience. Not that any adult can tell you whether that’s in the cards: Keep scanning along that birth chart, and it will emerge that the highest number of births in American history seems to have come around 2007. If you want to know where music is going, ask an 11-year-old."

>12. 'It's Everyday Bro' - Jake Paul
Are you fucking with me?

This is fucking embarrassing

I'd rather put lava in my ears than sit through this offensive playlist

i bet you op is the writer for that shitty clickbait article

no one reads the jew dork times you fucking faggot

it's unironically a good song with amazing production, plebbitor

T b h I'd rather just listen to these songs, lava in my ears would hurt

>If you want to know where music is going, ask an 11-year-old.
i haven't met an 11 year old in my whole life that i didn't want to toss in front of a moving car

>Farruko, Nicki Minaj & Bad Bunny, feat. 21 Savage & Rvssian
>feat. 21 Savage & Rvssian
why didn't they just add them in the list of artists? why are they featured?

kikes made a list of retarded shit
woahh this is so unusual

this is about what i'd expect from the new york times. Its not the worst lst ever, some of these like 12 18 or 23 are for better or for worse, but New York Times has a very specific white very slightly liberal yuppie music taste that kinda ruins this.

embarrassing post

lmao why do you hate kids so much

Holy fuck got em boi!

>11. 'This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things' - Taylor Swift
Isn't she a known Sup Forumstard? well played then.

I wish every person mentioned on this list was dead in the place of James Brown, George Harrison, Prince, Bowie, Michael Jackson ect.

>le '"beautiful" portraits of niggers
also what the fuck is Gucci Mane doing there? he sold out hard

>I wish every person mentioned on this list was dead in the place of James Brown, George Harrison, Prince, Bowie, Michael Jackson ect.
>t.lewronggeneration
But yeah, unironically this

>"People in their 20s are having a new experience: They are, for the first time, noticing some of the things actual teenagers enjoy and are being completely appalled, both morally and aesthetically"
That's because they're the same age mentally.

Is Kanye and Kendrick officially rap for old people?

have you ever met a kid what is there to explain

not liking kids is a sign of narcissism

like half of those people wont even be relevant 5 years from now and its just the writer trying to show they are woke and hip

its just a load of top 40 pop and a few trendy names they probably glanced about on p4k

like seriously, fucking jake paul?

that dude is going to be hanging out with like the fucking angry video game nerd, lonelygirl15, and ray william johnson 5 years from now

isnt kanye in his 40's?

i'm a teacher and i honestly don't get it

Furthermore, the writer of the article is going to be i his 40s and will be hanging out with young kids to stay hip

you can totally tell that he has some insecurity that he needs to work on. Sad!

born in le right generation xD

I only listen to REAL music. Kanye West, FKA Twigs, Kendrick Lamar, Beyonce, Earl Sweatshirt, Flying Lotus, The Weeknd, DOOM, Drake, Beyonce, Deangelo, the list goes on
*white person sees a cracker* white person "same" tb h. literally same. literally me every day of my life bae. um, good job white people.
I follow pop culture.
I watch the grammys. I watch the VMAs. I love live tweeting about both
I listen to both mainstream music AND indie! I'm a new breed of cultured
I love tweeting about the NBA. Did you all see the NBA All Star game? Check out this meme of a NBA star! he be like
Beyonce be like
Jay-Z be like
Nicki Minaj be like
KENDRICKS NEW SINGLE JUST DROPPED FUCK.
Yeezy season approaching
Check out this meme I made, it references Drake and a new movie that just came out
Bae. Keep calm and smoke a blunt. Emojis. I embrace memes and trends. But post-ironically.
Ironic 90s nostalgia t-shirts bae
um white people fucked up again. like, good job everyone. great job society. baka desu
WOW. I want my girlfriend to hear Deangelos voice while we have sex.
People of Colour >>>> White People. boohoo white people, youre life is sooo tough. redirect to Sup Forums
pitchfork.com, stereogum, tumblr, instagram, jezebel, nba.com, grantland, I'm in the know
I ALSO LISTEN TO SWANS THO. IM CULTURED THO.
I EMBRACE THIS GENERATION!!!
#readyforhillary #orblackcanidate #stopwhitepeople #tbhcrew

YOU KNOW IT'S NICK CROMPTON AND MY COLLAR STAY POPPIN'

Seriously though
fuck these white cucks
pathetic faggots

the truth can be embarassing

Only in American you can be a borderline retarded rapper who has no musical skills and still become a millionaire making meme "music"

the nyt lost its credibility long ago

ignore and move on

>It's another "le funny to be contrarian xD" episode

>But his success potentially augurs a future where every teenage-ish idol with decent engagement numbers will be enticed to write some raps — no matter how bad — and reap the potential rewards
This is 100% true though

KEK. literally the state of music and mu nowadays

btw would be interesting see a doujin with those pickles in action.

Meme rap is the future

I only know what one of those songs are and it's because Jake Paul is a fucking meme.

no pol but this is some absolutely PTFO pozzed the fuck out bullshit man

>Young Fathers
>Charli XCX
>Gucci Mane
>DJ Taye
>21 Savage
I enjoy these, unironically.

this was funnier before someone added all the whiny shit about black people

>It was funny before it became obvious which group of people it accurately described

>Lil Pump
>Gucci Mane
>21 Savage

only based artists in the list desu

Look everyone has their own tastes in music, and that's fine. But why is it that rap and hip hop is so popular these days? You ask the random person what they like and it's filled with hip hop and rap artists. No rock, no country, no jazz, no alternative, no contemporary, nothing else.

they are the polar opposite of based

i know it might sound insane and kooky, but it's literally because of the jews and their twisted plans to make the white man into a docile slave and the dumbest consumer possible for their own benefit. they want americas population to be mindless cattle. and it ain't something that they just decided to do overnight, i'll say that much

samefag

I don't understand. Is Sup Forums composed entirely of blue haired gender studies students who couldn't enrol in a real discipline?

Why would you have to add the 'no racist' caveat for disliking this dogshite garbage dawn-of-civilisation playlist and the self-indulgent article that sanctions it?

You might as well be asking why are there more stupid people than intelligent people. Really not trying to be a snob but most people know the kind of shit on the radio is over produced shit that very often the artists themselves didn't even write. I don't necessarily thing it's racial or gender specific. I just figure sometime between the 60s and now the studios and producers figured out how to dumb down and simplify songs into 3 minute packages that your average person or less will eat up.

this . It's because most people are and most likely will always be retarded. And that informs taste. Add to that temperamental quirks, as intelligent people don't always listen to good music and you will always get shit music in the top charts. You see it more now simply because of the internet. Since distribution has been enhanced via the internet, everyone got 'in' on the music culture. Back in the day, although you could argue popular music was still shit, the people that listened to it was more in the habit of listening to albums and discographies from a to z. Now, you just get more retards 'in on it', with mediums allowing for disengaged self-indulgent listening, therefore you get more retarded music than ever before and a never ending stream of industry heads catering for it. There's no demand for better music, so why make it?

>calling samefag in attempt to subterfuge people from discovering the truth

literally nothing wrong with being lewronggeneration. Poptimism is a cancer that is only capable of thriving in an art medium as vapid and passively consumed as music.

as if it matters. all of this will sound in ten years as dated as t pain sounds currently. please act as if fucking lil pump will make any meaningful impact on the cultural zeitgeist.

unless we're talking about the disposability of young "talent", in which case, sure.

Makes sense. I think corporate media also is to blame. For instance the youtube rewind using despacito as their theme song. I suppose using Have A Cigar by Pink Floyd wouldn't be as accessible (despite being more fitting if you ask me.)

lol for real

if this were written thirty years ago, the list would have menudo, eddie murphy and men without hats. real influential stuff, i tell you what.

youtube has no responsibility to be the gatekeeper of good taste. They went for depsacito because despacito was disgustingly popular. If was in charge of a company that employed thousands I'd also do whatever was in the best financial interest of my enterprise and the people that it employs.

Universities and sections of the media that like to pretend they had an elite readership have no excuse though. Being in literature class and pretending Kendric Lamar can be discussed in the same rank as TS Elliot (a fairly random example off the top of my head), then giving Kendrick the next Nobel prize in literature for 'woke' poetry is worrying. So is being a publication that caters to the educated and compiling a list of top musical performers based on whatever is popular with the political zeitgeist that historically illiterate 20somethings and teens subscribe to.

Private enterprises like youtube are a mere reflection of the masses, but I expect public institutions and the publications that have set an exigent standards for arts and culture, then made money off it to continue to be the gatekeepers for good taste and not endorse these masturbatory trends.

MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME
PARTY ALL THE TIME
PARTY ALL THE TIIIIIIIIME

He tried to warn us

>punished Ott

>Charli XCX
her last project was really good, unironically.

>Palette - IU

The only good song and artist on this list. Most popular singer in Korea and she's not your typical K-pop artist either, she's actually talented.

This seems pretty accurate.
Popular music is getting Whittier.
No one said you have to like it.

>Whittier

Shittier. Shittier. Fucking autocorrect.

>Whittier
what did he mean by this?

oh, okay

I agree, unironically.

This is fucking embarrassing.
>still hyping Bodak Yellow
>pretending anyone will care about the Katy Perry, Willow Smith or Camila songs in a couple of years or that they will have any influence whatsoever
>Gucci Mane on the list despite his most influential days being long gone
There's a legitimate point to be made, in my opinion, for IU style KPop (it's really just a matter of time for that to break through outside Korea) and the more accessible kind of PC Music that Charli XCX makes. But then they put something like Julien Baker on the list, and don't get me wrong, I loved her album, but there's nothing original about it whatsoever, so putting her on a list about 'where music is going' is ridiculous.
The NYT is a piece of shit newspaper, I don't even know why I still pay for it

feels good to see my boi jake paul demolishing the haters as per

>those negative comments
If you were in the time of The Beatles or Led Zeppelin you probably would act like this just because you guys are full of hate in your hearts

Flex like ouu is unironically the only good and creative song on this list

the beatles actually played their instrumets

>Perfume Genius

our guy is ready to go mainstream

Why are you guys sperging about a list like this? It's not saying the songs are good, nor that they are influential. Just that they are indicators of potential trends in pop music industry.

69 and Lil Pump are the future of music tbqh

All these artists' relevancy will die with the global economy come 2022.

I'm just going to listen to at the drive in until I'm dead I don't care about new music

If you are seriously comparing..... no, wait...
This is bait.
Never mind. Fuvk me.

it's the fact that journalism would approach this direction as if it were a positive thing

you guys are some oblivious pieces of shit
just because you find these things repugnant, doesn't mean they aren't indicative of trends. they're not saying they're good songs you fucking cretins

Good post. Good picture too. Was this made in the thread about changing that comic?

>faggot nigger in the cover
>a writer called Hanif Abdurraqib
I'm so tired of these people

The problem isn't kids, it's kids who go through the indoctrination facilities known as schools. Have you ever known a homeschooled kid? They're really cool

Lol, you think snowflake incels aren't the most vocal posters on Sup Forums?

>implying modern literature and visual arts aren't a huge fucking joke as well
The kike web is wide son, don't be naive

jews