BY THIS HOLY STRAIN OF LAWS

TRIPS CHECKED
NO SLEEP TIL DEAFNESS
youtu.be/0GaxpS9vosc

As a stsrting place. It is.

Prove me wrong.

>Inb4 you post another pic of that weirdo

That cover looks like some AOR/prog like Crimson Glory

From the numale chart I like Burzum, Death, enslaved, Mgla and emperor. also don't hate Pantera, Ulver, Megadeth or ghost

Who?

you can start with 1st wave and end with it too

this is me here:
But if you think overall it's a solid chart, just gtfo, for fuck's sakes

That 2000s California scene had some pretty neat stuff coming from it

youtu.be/hH26F6kvhUY
youtu.be/i54uXGQO1zQ
youtu.be/4BFUAOLXu-s
youtu.be/kulPqdBgrOs
youtu.be/Anum1QZscRI

His gf is kinda cute desu/

>His gf is kinda cute desu/
I see you like the "borderline ugly therefore easily attainable" look. Very 2010s

>parker has a gf and you post on Sup Forums

how does that make you feel

Unless it's Celtic Frost, Bathory, or Roots, the rest of the first bands essentially made the same song multiple times then called that an album. Pretty boring ass shit.

>gf
Relationships are a waste of time and not worth it

I don't think every album on it is good but I like a fair chunk of them. Maybe about 20 or so on that list.

My only point was that it could work as a fresh, not familiar with the genre whatsoever starting place. It's not going to hold up against the other "essential/best of" charts once user figures out what he likes.

Is this the best place to start with Atheist?

I listened to Jupiter once or twice and nothing blew me away.

Don't see it bar the edge and point of her nose. Which is why I said "kinda". Btw 2010s is less "borderline ugly therefore easily attainable" and more pic though.

t. o u r i s t

UP, nigga. Jupiter is boring as fuck.

I'm not even a first wave shill but wow

>sense of pride in boasting achievement and proving yourself to others
who's the cuck here
also, the dude is literally a meme

>literally defending metal that's neither creative in riffing, nor heavy, nor intense
Like...what? Is it so you can LARP as embarrassing leather jacket wearing wannabe tough guys or something?

actually this is fucking good despite Grace Jones on the cover

Absolutely. I wonder how you managed to NOT start with it

>mfw looking up Grace Jones

>mfw the best metal genre has the word ''nu'' on it

get FUCKED

You really have to wonder what goes in the mind of a melodeathfag. I can understand liking it even if the genre isn't to my taste but imagine loving it to the point where you consider the Gothenburg scene and so on as the height of metal. The genre pretty much prides itself on how little it has to actually do with real death metal, most of the vocalists barely grow they do these raspy half-shouted half-grunted vocals that sound like half-baked attempts at the throatier growls of bands like Torchure or Morbid Angel circa Altars. The riffage is typically watered-down King Diamond/Iron Maiden riffs spliced in with the occasional palm-muted chugs that bottom out to fill in the "death metal" aspect of the genre. It's like melodeathfags want to listen to NWOBHM but they want to feel "tough" for doing so which is why they eat up bands that throw slightly harsh yelling and sparse chugging on top of traditional metal riffing.

nuke metal? yes

melodeath not even once

Most of the chart is ultra-normie pleb metal or shitty hipster indie metal. You can count the good albums there on a single hand.

i like this

How are Bathory and Celtic Frost not creative? Nobody else sounded like them at the time.

I literally made those two along with early Root stuff as an expressed exception. See the part where it says "Unless it's Celtic Frost, Bathory, or Root"?

youtube.com/watch?v=sjzL6-3vACs

is this the AOTY?

Yeah, I misread it. Every Celtic Frost track sounds exactly the same though.

I don't disagree with you.

I know this is very hard to believe, but did you know that metal can come in very different forms? Not only that, but styles start to differentiate so much that you appreciate them in different ways because it starts to become apples to oranges? Oh and who knew that the instant something becomes popular, it's quality doesn't inherently change? That chart's meant as a joke to piss people off, and the only embarrassing person here is you for actually taking it seriously. Shitty hipster metal, lmao. I used to think that way, too when I first started listening to metal more seriously. But then I grew up and realized I can enjoy that along with the rest of the stuff.

you better be joking cunt

Morbid Tales is pretty ubiquitous, but To Mega Therion and Into The Pandemonium are both worth listening to while having quite a bit of variety in them.

i like it

and im sure you're shacked up with some hot cunt, right. fuck off

Guys there's this Athiest or Cynic song I heard a lot that I really like, it had sorta jazzy drums and this descending bass line/guitar feedback in the beginning. Then there's this really uplifting triumphant sounding lick and the solo was some acoustic flamenco stuff. Fuck I always forget what it's called. Might have been on Elements?

Death were never melodeath

Then why would you recommend bad music as a starting point? There is plenty of entry level metal that holds up after becoming an experienced listener.
>I know this is very hard to believe, but did you know that metal can come in very different forms?
Yeah, and some of it is shit.
>Not only that, but styles start to differentiate so much that you appreciate them in different ways because it starts to become apples to oranges?
Apples are better than oranges, faggot.
>Oh and who knew that the instant something becomes popular, it's quality doesn't inherently change?
I knew that. When did I bring popularity up? Rust in Peace is one of the most popular albums on that chart and it's one of the few that I like.

You can stop now. I'm not going to stop being true to my opinions for bullshit open-mindedness.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dtnlzp-e3rc
Found it guys don't worry.

>I'm not going to stop being true to my opinions for bullshit open-mindedness.
Makes your opinions pretty shit then in the realm of art. Like you can enjoy what you want, but that doesn't make you much of an authority or someone really worth listening to when it comes to the genre as a whole, just the niche you prefer personally. It becomes obvious with terms like shitty hipster metal that you obviously can't enjoy metal if it isn't taking the distorted guitar heavy riff approach, which like I said is fine you do you, but the genre's a lot more than that and you can only really say so much if you like just one approach to the music.

Nobody's opinions have any authority except your own.
>you like less kinds of music so you opinion is worse
I'd say the opposite because a pickier taste means someone likely has higher standards and has a very specific idea of what exactly appeals to them.

>Nobody's opinions have any authority except your own.
Well you certainly don't, telling someone new to the genre they shouldn't listen to entire subsets of the music. Let them make their own decision instead of making them as bitter as you.
>I'd say the opposite because a pickier taste means someone likely has higher standards
But when it becomes obvious that having a pickier taste literally means being narrow minded and lacking the ability to appreciate other approaches to music rather than being able to judge what it is the music is able to offer on its own merits then perhaps you're pretty much worse off. Like, instead of being a fucking faggot who's gonna bitch about Agalloch while jamming some Blasphemy, I would rather just be able to enjoy them both as they both offer very different yet quality well made experiences, ya know? You aren't being picky in an 'only the best' way, but in a 'child who never ate his veggies so has a hard time stomaching them even when in great good' way.

>Spiritual Healing
>late

What are the top 5 best black metal albums in your opinion, here are mine:
5. Batuska- "Litourgiya" (pls no bully)
4. Satyricon- "Dark Medieval Times"
3. Darkthrone- "A Blaze in the Northern Skies"/ Immortal-" Diabolical Full moon mysticism"
2. Emperor- " In the Nightside Eclipse"
1. Bathory- "Blood Fore Death"

Your point boils down to that I'm narrow minded because I think other approaches to metal aren't "quality well made experiences" after listening to them and deciding that. Does trying something and thinking it's shit make me narrow minded? Some vegetables are gross.
A few in no particular order
Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun
Bathory - s/t
Moonblood/Deathspell Omega - Sob a lua do bode
Burzum - Det som engang var
Vlad Tepes/Belketre - March to the Black Holocaust
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Varathron - His Majesty at the Swamp
Demoncy - Within the Sylvan Realms of Frost
Pretty well known but most obscure stuff doesn't capture me like these do.

Gimme some good putaputaputaputa.

Has anyone heard the new Judas Priest album? How is it?

listening rn

I love Darkthrone but TH is so fucking overrated compared to the two previous and Panzerfaust

Post your thoughts when done.

I think it really nails down the ancient, nocturnal atmosphere better than anything else out there. Panzerfaust was clearly pieced together of miscellaneous tracks, some of which are good but the album as a whole has no theme or cohesion.

Abigor - Fractal Possession
Mayhem - De Mystheriis Dom Sathanas
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Darkspace - 1.0
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon

What do we think of this and Tardigrada?

Tradigrada is a solid dsbm band

The nu-male chart has some good stuff on it. I like Gorguts, Isis and Cynic and they're on it.

Blaze In The Northern Sky > Transilvanian Hunger

>Isis
ew

there are some good albums mixed with the shitty ones for bait purposes.

S'pretty good.

gave their album a 3.5 so that i guess

ok it's pretty good... maybe a bit long but pretty solid overall
not gonna put an arbitrary rating on it but worth a listen to say the least

NUCLEAR WARHEADS READY TO STRIKE
THIS WORLD IS SO FUGGED LET'S END IT TONIGHT

standard Priest

wait how is this related to Tardigrada?

there's unironically brainlets who don't get this. Kralice for example is legendary

WORLD
EATAH

RISING
SOARING
DEVASTATING
ANNIHILATION
>tfw The Key finally clicks

Any thoughts on the new Ministry album

had a laugh at the obvious shill thread of maybe 2 or 3 people jerking it off because of the lyrical content
Al should commit suicide

NOW THAT I HAVE YOU IN MY SIGHTS, NAZARENE CHILD
PULLING THE TRIGGER WITH NO RECONCILE
BLASTING AWAY FATHER, MOTHER, AND CHILD
LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY ALL OF THE WHILE

metal

Not a single track on Peace Sells is about nukes or war. RIP would fit better.

I really like this style of death metal, what are some similar bands?

Vastum is sick, look up dead congregation, disma, Incantation, funebrarum (probably spelled that wrong)

youtube.com/watch?v=d2pktKsfSCo When did you realize d-beat is the only trve genre?

Bathory's Self Titled is underrated 2bh

youtube.com/watch?v=vL7rL-UEgdQ
nice trips

not on /metal/ it's not

Post progressive metal.

Thanks for the recommendations, I just looked up a funebrarum album and it's exactly what I was looking for.

>Kralice for example is legendary

the soy meme never gets old lol

Tourists love Bathory fuck off.