Who had the biggest influence on hip hop?

Who had the biggest influence on hip hop?
>Kanye West
>Chief Keef
or
>Lil B

kanye

Kanye West literally invented Classical Hip Hop..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

kanye nigga you couldn't make an easier decision if you tried

kanye but chief keef and lil b literally invented meme trap

Why do people always insist that Kanye West saved hip hop because of how he diverged from gangsta hip hop? That fact is completely false for two reasons:
1: If Kanye ended gangsta hip hop, then why do rappers today still talk about drugs, money sex and violence in a gangsta-esque fashion? Why are artists like Desiigner, 21 Savage, Migos and Future, who typically divulge into gangster topics and utilize slang common in American ghettos still hugely popular (okay, Desiigner isn't exactly relevant right now, but Panda was a worldwide hit and it perfectly encapsulated drug, gangsta and rap culture)? Sure, Kendrick Lamar, Brockhampton and Tyler the Creator owe their careers to Kanye, but besides the former, neither of those artists had as much ubiquity as the aforementioned gangster rappers. It's still a mainstream form of Hip Hop, and Kanye didn't kill it nor innovate it. Yes, you greasy-fingered nerds begin to write an eloquent essay on why Kanye's MBDTF/808s/Yeezus trilogy transcended the entire genre, but before you do, here's a pre-emptive strike to end you.

(1/2)

stealth kanye thread eh?
i get it.
a regular kanye thread wouldn't gain any traction because his star's burning so cold rn so this is how it's gotta be.

2: If Kanye's albums helped shape modern hip hop... then what's OutKast? What was Aquemini, a laid back drip from the Experimental lean to the Rap parchment? What was Stankonia, heavily praised for its schizophrenic eclecticism, wide intelligence and its acceptance of rave/electronic culture in hip hop? What was Speakerboxx/The Love Below, a grandiose feat of hip hop, brimming with the contradictions of maximalism and minimalism? OutKast laid the foundation for creative, artistic hip hop to go mainstream long before Kanye even existed; 5 of their 6 albums were released before Kanye was a household name in 2004-2005. This claim would be more credible had it only been directed towards his later albums. But, no. Critics, unwarranted as can be, gave him the title as early as The College Dropout. Kanye only received fame because he made some catchy singles that sampled soul/funk/R&B from the 70s at a time when it wasn't cool anymore, along with generic pop culture pastiches interspersed in pseudo-introspection.

TLDR: Kanye innovated nothing.

Kanye is the only one with talent in OP.

>all these white kids saying kanye
Anybody who really listens to hip hop knows chief keef is the father

>chief keef is the father
Of what? Enlighten me.

Chief keef and lil b are the only reason this fool exists

Dumb getting poster. I knew you were a disgusting person, but now I see your true colors....

I was supposed to be the one who got it. Me. Not you. Not him. Not anyone else. MEEEE.

New people on Sup Forums are scrutinized and labeled as newfags, and as such, get ostracized from participating in the board culture. Until... today.

I started my journey here on September of 2017. Not even close to being an oldfag. When I clicked on the very first thread, I saw another user get destroyed by the stupidity of elitism. Everyone shunned his tastes, his ideals... his potential. I didn't know what to do. If they noticed me, I would be destroyed, just like him. That's why I masqueraded. Through the power of Encyclopedia Dramatica, I researched how to perfectly fit in. To be inconspicuous was a goal only the finest of thieves could carry. Until I found another way.

An article on ED discussed the concept of gets. That anyone who posts with that special number gets into Sup Forums history. I knew what to do at that moment.

I wanted to avenge. To change. To sculpt a scepter to hook these Anons into hell. If I could have gotten those dubs, I would have made this website a better place. One where people are free to browse to their own liking. Where people can discuss without being criticized for liking shit. I would have been a true idealist.

Do you not see my plight, you prudent mule prancing in the wild? Now this board will remain in its inertia. Forever. Why? This site needs to die.

The new wave of rap that has been flooding and taking over

Shit even ye is starting to get cues from sosa

Chief Keef, but lil B had them most positive impact.

Lil B hands down, anyone who disagrees doesn't know enough about hiphop.

Name ANY rapper to come out after Lil B and I can point out which Lil B song influenced their entire life

Kendrick Lamar
Brockhampton
My Dickerulias

Kanye followed by Chief Keef and then Lil B

Kanye is obvious
Chief Keef spawned all these trap rappers
Lil B was one of the original meme rappers

Lil B had the biggest influence on hip hop
-Lil B

>mainstream hip hop
Kanye
>tr

>mainstream hip hop
Kanye
>trap
Chief Keef
>meme rap

i was just thinking earlier, about how much hip hop fandom on the internet has changed this decade. If you brought up hip hop on mu or most other forums on the internet in the mid 2000s, people would automatically start talking about wu tang clan, atmosphere, mf doom, and other names that are now obscure. But now the internet is always up on the newest trap rap and all that. I suppose it is good that the elitist crowd has thinned out. and that there aren't as many people thinking "i like intelligent hip hop, not that mainstream stuff." and at the end of the day that was probably a bunch of white kids overzealous finding music that related to them instead of street rap. I think when Lil B and Chief Keef came around is when we started to see these changes happen. Kanye has always had an internet fandom, but in some respects is somewhat related to backpack rap, or is just "different" than other mainstream rappers.

>The new wave of rap that has been flooding and taking over
You mean like this guy?

OL BLOC

No this is if waka and juvenile had a baby, and dropped it on it's head

Yung Leandoer

It's either Lil B or Kanye. It really might be Lil B. The kind of beats he was using 9-10 years ago are now part of the dominant sound, I'd say.

pre 2012 - kanye
post 2012 - lil b
2012-2014 in ss chicago - keef

kendrick lamar - the free form freestyles on tpab
brockhampton - oddfuture 2.0, who was in turn heavily influenced by b
idk who this is

I don't like any of them but Kanye is the only one that produced for several years before making it big himself. He wrote the beats on some of Mos Def's best songs.

Chief Keef created his own path Kanye and B are fufu lame ass niggas

Lil B, hands down, but Sup Forums is fucking retarded so....I don't expect much

Hot digits

Lil B is the proper answer. As far as expansive influence goes he beats everyone. He changed the landscape completely.

GUCCI
U
C
C
I

MANE
A
N
E

The real answer

>actual talent
>one hit wonder
>twitter bot
Come on, son.

>actual talent
Chief keef
>one hit wonder
Lil b
>twitter bot
Kanye

He started with popularizing backpack rappers
He came out with his own style of chipmunked vocals and soul beats that somehow broke through and became mainstream in a time where most hip hop was gangsta (notice i didn't say all)
He's not as innovative as a lot make him out to be, but he is influential
Most rappers today will reference Kanye as an influence and you can hear it through their music

With your point about OutKast, yeah you're right, and even Kanye agrees
>I was uninspired since Lauryn Hill retired
>And 3 Stacks, man, you preach it to the choir
Noting both Andre and Lauryn as big influences to him multiple times

forgot to include:
Lil B is still the biggest influencer from OP. I don't think anyone in hip hop would be doing what they're doing if it wasn't for Lil B. TYBG

lil b wouldn't be doing what he doing if it wasn't for this young fella

thank you bsaedgod D;