When will rock make a mainstream comeback?

When will rock make a mainstream comeback?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hb8436aSi90
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when indie dies

when the public develops taste
some of the best rock music to ever be made belongs to this decade, the "mainstream" (tv and radio) is just too attuned to what niggers and spics like because they're the ones who can't afford spotify

needs to be more accessible
a lot of what people consider great rock music is only cool in its context and how it contrasts with other pieces of the rock tradition.
original rock music had it's own inherent appeal that attracted people. it wasn't hard to hear why it was good.
maybe that will happen again one day, but i think it's been done to death

Stop making this thread.

Also, Courtney, Dave, Beefy, and Claire look good in this photo.

When it stops sucking

Name it, because I doubt you heavily

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

When they learn not to rely on tape sounds and better incorporate modern technological advances without compromising rock at the core.

Less people than ever are doing rock music because it's become the most difficult thing to record properly.

It won't

No that band isnt very good man, no substantial material, nonagon good though but it's not a masterpiece, got anything else

>
>King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
>good
Blow A Bag
Those faggots have been making the same shitty prog-pop song for the past 5 years and you indie shitheads have been enabling this whoreish behavior instead of letting rock die out for a decade and reinvent itself.

Tape sounds?

You tagged the wrong guy, man

Fuck, sorry.
Hey bichass read this

Probably would have to be a female and/or black rock act to fit in with the modern social narrative a la Pitchfork.

yikes

alabama shakes, my friend

>niggers and spics
>radio is full of white girls like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry and a billion dance pop literally-whos
I get that racism is a brain disease, but not many disorders make you this stupid, as well

Rock will come back when it has something unique to say, and the culture is ready to hear it. Old bands have done the same old shit, to death. it is too familiar. right now, everyone is obsessed with parties and money. every other song is "live while you are young". this nihilistic party life used to be what rock was about, but rock wasn't so fucking commercial and materialistic.

anyway, people are having too much fun with digital music tools. it has never been cheaper to churn out an album in your bedroom with an Mac. People need to realize how amazing live rock shows are, which means they need to get out of the clubs. Basically, just wait for pop to wear out its welcome.

also, I hate to say this, being black, but we also need rap to die down. the connection between rap and the current pop scene is too thick. bullshit, bland white people music is drawing a lot of strength and energy from black artists and culture. Blacks will continue to feed the dance pop machine and keep it vibrant. That needs to go away, first, so pop can get stale. These things happen in cycles. just keep cool and keep practicing your chords

>but rock wasn't so fucking commercial and materialistic.
revanchist as fuck

rock is a genre that incorporates quite often drums, guitar and vocals, dad rock and le devil horns hair throwing won't work. The new rock is indie music, think death cab for cutie, or some variant on punk like post punk or darkwave/coldwave

I don't know. There's so much great rock music already made I haven't listened to yet so the mainstream comeback can wait for all I care.

Just listen to bands from the same time that never got their due

youtube.com/watch?v=hb8436aSi90