AOTY RIGHT HERE FOLKS

AOTY RIGHT HERE FOLKS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rqUdlAPchlo
youtu.be/V6bOo0oqvoI
youtu.be/q-p7URVUNeQ
youtu.be/55OTDucdsJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of Montreal Announce New Album ‘White Is Relic/Irrealis Mood’, Share “Paranoiac Intervals/Body Dysmorphia”

If you have ever caught a set by Of Montreal, then you already know about the psychedelic projections, wild ghosts and erie pop laden tracks. If you haven’t, now is a good time to change that. The band have just announced their new album, White is Relic/Irrealis Mood, out March 9 via Polyvinyl. “But I’m ready for the experience now!” No problem. They have the first single all packed up and ready for you. It has a title that rolls right off the tongue. It is called “Paranoiac Intervals/Body Dysmorphia.”

Frontman Kevin Barnes told Stereogum:

“Two important events occurred during the making of White Is Relic/Irrealis Mood. I became ‘Simulated Reality’ paranoid and I fell in LOVE.” He explained how ’80s “extended dance mixes. I also decided to abandon the ‘live band in a room’ approach that I had been using on the recent albums and work more on my own or remotely with collaborators.”

The band will hit the road in support of the new release on March 3 in Mexico City, Mexico at NRMAL and wrap up in Birmingham, AL at Saturn on May 12.

Yessss

I’ve never listened to Of Montreal so I can’t say anything about their music but their name is really fucking bad. Of Montreal? I hear that and think Mumford and Sons tier. Really a terrible name for a band

Wow either u are 12 or living under a rock

Yeah Wrong
Listen:
youtu.be/rqUdlAPchlo
youtu.be/V6bOo0oqvoI
youtu.be/q-p7URVUNeQ
youtu.be/55OTDucdsJo

fr i was not impressed at all with the new single

Reminds me of my first shroom trip

>call it an EP
>be 41 minutes long
the madman

Who's calling it an EP?

Its labeled as an EP on my Apple Music

Yeah, it is pretty good for OM, especially considering their last solid album was released over a decade ago.

The album is pretty conceptual and mixes Psych Pop with a lot of modern electropop motiffs and Trap. Especially in the middle of the album it feels really rooted in the contemporary.

There are other times on this album where it feels like they are tapping into Alternative Dance or a brighter version of what MGMT did on LDA.

Its pretty good though. Lots of memorable moments. The Synths kick ass

>Paralytic Stalks
>2012
>decade
no

hot take: I didn't like PS

check your privilege my man.

that's because apple music lists anything with under 7 songs as an EP by default. it's not being called an EP anywhere else so i'm pretty sure it's an album

given how inconsistent their last couple of releases were this is such a welcome surprise
really loving it, longer songs like these really suit kevin's talents

Yeah he always packs so many catchy ideas in one place

>longer songs like these really suit kevin's talents
getting a lot of no conclusion vibes in the album

Not a lotttttt

Me either but Aureliate Gloom was pretty good and I don't see why you wouldn't like it. also Oasis etc.

Haha no rock2 exists.

Bump

Really? They haven't released a good album in quite a few years. Innocence Reaches was just a terrible attempt by Kevin to jump on the synthpop trend that's become big in the last 5 years. I picked up Aureate Gloom on vinyl and am gonna spin it this weekend but I'm not expecting great things.

Damn I liked Aureate Gloom but that was 3 years ago.

Aureate Gloom is a really good rock album

Okay I hope it doesn't suck I'll listen to it tonight/right now/whenver

After being a huge fan and deceived hard post dynasty documentary era. That didnt like the single and the shitty video(the weakest point of oM is definetely their videos), I must say that I am quite surprise. It really his good and full of layers. I believe it to be a good album for repeated listen and reviste.

Its logical that KB went the PC trend but since I turned against my will right wing for rational reasons I despite the "white is relic" social commentary so much.

Art & politic should barely be mixed

Is white is relic a knock on white people?

kevin going political has always been tongue in cheek, especially with how far it went on innocence reaches. race is a hot topic so of course he is going to make a reference to it, but nothing in the album actually touches on racial politics.