Is hockey the real American sport now?

Is hockey the real American sport now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HNlgISa9Giw
breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/28/nolte-yahoo-sportswriter-shames-black-nhl-star-refuses-protest-national-anthem/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should be because they've been winning for years and haven't noticed.

>sport entirely based on luck
>real American sport
I thought games of chance were forbidden in the US of A?

>sport
LMAO

Subban doesn't have a victim mindset. When Boston fans called him a nigger, he basically said "those things happen, that's life, people have different opinions." He's above all of it.

>be foreign
>have respect for other countries

He may be a LEAF but at least he has the sense not to kneel during a forwign anthem

I guess Canada is technically America

To be fair listening to Bostonians saying anything is like listening to a parrot talk, it's just amazing that they have the brain cells to manage speech.

this is why there are like 2 frenchmen in the league

a real man makes his own luck

if hockey is based upon luck what are the mental gymnastics that justifies football's (soccer) existence

>he doesn't know about Michael Mauboussin

"In his book, The Success Equation, Michael Mauboussin places sports on the skill-luck continuum by using a statistical technique earlier demonstrated by sports data analysts. He found that season standings for the NBA reflect skill levels more so than the seasons of other major team sports, with NHL hockey being the sport closest to the luck side of the continuum. In this video we explore the characteristics of the sports that either enhance or diminish the influence of luck on the results, and we'll walk through the method for calculating the contribution of luck."

youtube.com/watch?v=HNlgISa9Giw

what does it have to do with football

read his book, or at least, watch this video

that video compares basketball and hockey
i asked for a comparison between football and hockey

he compares the major sport (football) and the minor sports (hockey, basketball, handegg and baseball) in his book.
More luck : hockey
More skill : basketball
Perfect balance of luck and skill : football

>Perfect balance of luck and skill : football
ah there are those mental gymnastics i was looking for

Why is Joel Ward planning to kneel? He's not even American.

>basketball
>lowest luck
>average player is many inches taller than the average person
>freak statutes of above 6'6" are very common
>only a tiny amount of people have the genetics for this height

This fag researcher can fuck off, basketball has the strictest genetic requirements for a player be viable at the highest level. At least you can actually play the other sports while being under 6ft

Ward from the sharks said he would. so fuck off.

basketball (NBA, Olympics) has fewest upsets than any other sport. The best team almost always wins.

Is abortion a sport?

The point is that the game rewards freaks and genetic restrictions because it is so skill based. The composition of the teams naturally evolved to maximize skill. The researcher isn't talking about GENETIC luck but random chance vs skill between TEAMS.

>Canadian wont protest America
>how American
Canadian, it's Canadian.

More predictable outcomes is not a good thing anyway

>USA

That team was shit. Most good players didn't come because they were still shook but 9/11 and the best players were rookies that didn't get any playing time.

The argument is what is more entertaining? luck based sport (dice rolling)? or skill based sport (kinda boring because the favorite always win)

PK is our guy.

Montréshit Fagnadiens are cancer.

T. Québecker

show us on the nordique where you got allez allez'd

Fuck both Nordiques and Habs desu

t. Flyers bandwagonner

what level of mental gymnastics do you have to be operating on to say that a detailed, impartial study is mental gymnastics?

sup lindrosbro

divegrass sux mootballs btw

heron and backstreet 4 life

because this is what Mauboussin's science tells us

>Canadian player on protesting the American national anthem
No shit. That would make as much as sense as Kaepernick protesting the Canadian anthem

So essentially NBA is basically not a team sport and football is somewhere between an actual team sport and individual sports.

its not even as broad as that
he is just comparing season end statistics, so increased parity in the league will skew the result to show the sport as more luck "based"

his method completely ignores any comparison on how the sport is played

"This video totally misrepresents hockey and the NHL. Before the salary cap, the NHL had dynasty after dynasty, the same team winning year after year: Montreal Canadiens champions (76, 77, 78, 79) the New York Islanders (80, 81, 82, 83) The Edmonton Oilers (84, 85, 87, 88, 90) Pittsburgh Penguins (91, 92), (Pittsburgh surely would've been another dynasty if Mario Lemieux had a healthy career). That's more predictable than the NBA was during those years. Basically, the best team in the league who had the best player at the time would win almost every year. Guy Lafleur, Mike Bossy, Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux were all the best goal scorers in the league when they won championships in the examples I've given. Detroit Red Wings made the playoffs 25 consecutive seasons, one of the longest streaks in any sport. Wow, what luck :P . It's only changed since the hard salary cap's been instituted. The salary cap is the reason why there's a better chance now of upsets because there's so little disparity between each team in skill. Even with the Salary cap, the Chicago Blackhawks have won 3 championships this decade, the LA Kings won in 2012, went to the conference final in 2013 and won the cup again in 2014. OMG, so random LOL
How about individual players. Sidney Crosby, the best player in the NHL for about the last dozen years was 1st in the league in points-per-game for 5 straight years. What luck, what randomness. Has been Top 5 in points-per-game in the league every year since he's been in the league. His team would've been another dynasty if his career had not been plagued by concussions. Skill still overrides luck significantly in hockey, no different than any other sport, except maybe the ridiculously overly-predictable NBA. Why do underdogs do better in the NHL than the NBA? Easy, the NHL has a hard salary cap, the NBA doesn't. Look at the NHL before the cap, completely disproves this video."

Refute this.

So some guy does a research video and that makes him right? It's one opinion, doesn't mean shit.

Well no shit he's fucking Canadian, what reason do Canadians have to shit on our anthem?
Although personally Maple Leaf Forever is a far more nationalist anthem

>>sport entirely based on luck
Muhammed doesn't understand hockey.

I've lived in the USA, France, the UK (England), and Canada (here now).
Interestingly, Canada is most similar to it's mother, France; not it's brother the USA, nor it's father, the UK.
When Americans say Canada is basically America, it shows that they've never spend any real time there.
Americans are great people, but they'd be greater if they travelled outside their own country.

>Real American sport
>Subban is a leaf
Made me ponder

Just imagine what would happen to a Kaepernick wanna be on the ice after pulling shit like that? The other team would check him into boards all game just for fun.

>Interestingly, Canada is most similar to it's mother, France; not it's brother the USA, nor it's father, the UK.
In what?

Leaf respecting the anthem of a country that's been pretty god to him even though it's not his homeland.

I'll take that leaf over the millionaire nog-colliders tell me how unfair life is to them

crane girl did nothing wrong

protest is the new hoverboard

not that user, but i presume he was referring to culture and general social attitudes

>virtue signal HARD
>Americlaps lap it up

Subban will probably get a nice sponsorship deal out of this posturing, well played.

Virtue signalling is going to be the next "cuck" or "autism" ain't it?

Damn straight. He'd be arrested and sent to the gallows for virtue signaling in bongland.

never. it was invented in nova scotia, and will never be an american sport no matter how hard the NHL tries to market it to us. no one cares. take your ice soccer back soon please.

t. flyover

what part of hockey is luck? how is any part of it luck? football (murrikan) is luck in that you have a coin toss at least once a game and also weather

new york, bitch. original 13 colonies, bitch. jealous?

Hockey is 70% luck

oh. i understand now thanks

thoroughly btfo

What like being commies and flooding your country with as many non-natives as possible? I don't think he meant that unless he was ignoring LBJ's 1965 immigration reform act or Blair's "lol everyone come here to falsely inflate our economy" 1997 refugee act.

>What like being commies and flooding your country with as many non-natives as possible?
non-natives run this country
the natives have been pacified and place on reservations
so i dont understand what your complaint is about immigration, if anything Canada is servery underpopulated and requires more immigrants since we fail to meet the birth rates necessary to maintain the current population

Is this the 2004 olympics or something

I would rather watch chess over the NBA

>liberals are attacking this man for not protesting

Why are liberals such insufferable fucking faggots?

Yes

>PK Subban

NEGROSHOOT BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

breitbart.com/sports/2017/09/28/nolte-yahoo-sportswriter-shames-black-nhl-star-refuses-protest-national-anthem/

>b-but my freedom of expression!
>shames you for not protesting

the absolute state of the left

>unironically dividing politics into left and right

never getting used to americans doing this

They're incapable of processing anything that isn't about "good guys and bad guys"

then design a new political compass. perhaps one that goes up and down instead.

There are endless of things you can have an opinion about in politics. Why do you insist on the futile task of projecting it all onto a single axis?
This makes sense now

>you are either with us or against us

It's hockey so you'd have to protest Oh Canada too

.......Did you just blame the U.S. losing in the 2004 Olympics on 9/11? WTF?

Crane girl has more balls than 90% of amuricans

7-1

stfu 'becker

HE'S NOT A BEARAKIN?

Tell that to Wayne Simmonds and Joel Ward.

>Interestingly, Canada is most similar to it's mother, France; not it's brother the USA, nor it's father, the UK.
In what way? Because linguistically, culturally, and religiously it seems far more similar to the US or the UK than it does to France. Unless you live in Quebec I guess.

most of the nogs in the nhl are leafs.

It's mental gymnastics to say hockey is bad because there's too much luck, but then claim soccer/football is good because it has more luck than basketball.

Then doesn't it make perfect fucking sense that he wouldn't protest a foreign country?

the difference between NFL and NHL is this:

>NHL players physically fight, then tell each other "good fight bud" and go to the penalty box
>NFL players suspended or fired for fighting
>political displays rampant in the NFL, not just the kneeling, but Beyonce throwing up the Black Panther salute at the Super Bowl halftime show
>NHL players are respectful and dont make political displays at the game

Not really. Too little is boring and predictable, too much is stupid and lacking in skill. Soccer is a good medium. Upsets and lucky goals but not every time

So it's okay to have someone lacking in skill get lucky and win, but only sometimes?

No, the LFL is.

skill based

This is as cringey as those retards touting that they're pure Irish or Italian just cause their great great great great grandmother married an immigrant

And the NHL has KISS singing about eating pussy live on TV in an outdoor's arena in Los Angeles.

>rags

figures

>NHL players are respectful

of what? When would be a good time for you to protest? Tell us.

Not to mention the Pens won back to back

wtf i love nashville and anime now

not that guy, but if youre a public figure and not because of politics you should never get involved in politically charged shit. The only shit i've seen nhlers do that i guess is a politixal statement is holtby and basically all the canucks parading in the gay pride marches

>Is hockey the real American sport now?

No. The US never achieves anything in this sport and even the vast majority of the players on their NHL teams are foreigners.

He also promised never to score afterwards as well. It was a very moving speech.

For this assertion to be true, there would have to be a complete lack of shit tier teams in the league. If it was all luck, explain the fucking blues to me.
>shorks
>wild
>kongs
>preds
>rags
>vancucks
>hawks
et many many al.

Greatest post I've seen in years.