Serie A is now third in UEFA rankings for the first time since 2010

Serie A is now third in UEFA rankings for the first time since 2010

el alemANO

>portogallo
THE STATE OF BUNDESLIGA
HOW WILL /bundes/ EVER RECOVER?

Remember when the Dutch league was 7th?

Remember when the Romanian league was 7th?

doesn't matter at all, they get 4 spots now anyways

first the coefficient
next the world cup

well done italy :)

>Romania scored the highest coefficient of 2005-2006 because out of 3 teams, two played against each other in the UEFA Cup quarter finals
I member.

Lol. Even when we were terrible, Serie A didn't overtake us. Well done, Germany! France in 4th place when?

Doesn't matter anyway since the 4th gets 4 spots anyway now and our advantage over the frog league is still more than solid.

No need for wins, lol :^)

inb4 psg three-peat

that's because we were terrible but didn't have a landslide of cash to panic buy any good player from every other league

>people literally thought the PL was going to slide into 4th place
Johnny foreigners again showing they know nothing

we are still extremely overrated, I would realistically say we are on par with Belgium right now. Porto unironically has a better chance at winning CL than any german team.

Yet the Milan clubs are still embarrassing you lot on the international stage
>bbilan
>sfinter
#WAVETHEWORLD

It's a fair spot for port rooster desu

Porto and Benfica's megalomaniac spending brought us up for a few years, but both clubs have a lot of debnt to pay now.

BASED

>ukraine and turkey are ranked below belgium

I know this thread is about Serie A but come on

>didn't have a landslide of cash
And why was that? Was it because you tried to keep down the PL clubs like Chelsea and Man City by getting Uefa to impose restrictions?

I was just laughing at regional renditions of country names, like Wlochy.

>Russia is better than Portogallo

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. watch our league fags BTFO

no it's because we are like 10 steps behind you in marketing our league to casuals and foreigners
we haven't even started banning season ticket holders for standing, can you imagine being this backwards?

erm how much did milan spend this year?

notice the past tense
and anyway they spent to rebuild the entire team about as much as United or City spend every summer

what they should've spent over the last 10 years but didn't all in once

And suddenly your league rises...

You literally panic bought with a landslide of cash just like all the others

Stop using money as an excuse, this is how football and indeed life works

Imagine how good Serie A will be once Milan and Inter will be trully back (which is bound to happen in the near future).

None of that mattered before. You guys have always had shitty attendance and everything else but owners always pumped money in. And if you wanted to be able to market your league better, don't you think the better players that you'd be able to buy with outside investment would help?

i wasn't using it as an excuse, i was using it as a reason to explain why we could never catch you in these last few years
we were both terrible but you were way richer, therefore we couldn't catch you

Should probably start marketing it in Italy first.

we all know football teams don't get their cash through attendance anymore
it's all about sponsors and tv money now

who gives a shit when the top 4 is set in stone? they have nothing to worry unless they make the 4th only get 3 cl spots

>implying it ever mattered
It has been the case for years and the 5th as always been +- 20k away from the 4th. It din't change anything. Just put rightful top 4 on equal grounds.

Does this mean that Italy will have an extra team in the Champions League, or in Europe in general or something. That's what I'm garnering from all this.

>Eredivisie literally nowhere to be found
Wow

Underrated

>England barely scraping by the most cash-strapped nation of the big 4 with a tiny margin despite having a predominant position on the world market, massive language bias, brand new stadiums packed with blindly loyal fans who'd follow their team everywhere, absurd TV money deals and merchandising incomes going through the roof
>all this while sacrificing domestic talent to keep the league relevant

grazie a Dio non sono inglese

We did our part to keep you cucked. It's just that italians and germans are terrible allies.

We'll try propping up France now. If they get anglo'd again then I will personally tell UEFA to make it a Top 1 (we, ofc) with 6 CL spots and then the rest with 2 CL spots instead of that disgusting "Top 4 all equal huehuehue" thing.

damn is DIO that big in italy?

It means nothing because starting next year, the top 4 get 4 teams.

Holy shit, that power gap between PLel and Lel Liga is too much though for current state of affairs. I know its probably got some silly last-5-years points system like the FIFA one, but these rankings always feel 3 years out of date.

someone make /seriea/ pls, it's friday

17/18 ranking only

>Cyprus 2nd

The absolute state of continental Europe

Always rated Cyprus

udderly BTFO

lol this victim complex

Wonder how german clubs would fare if they got rid of 50+1 to be quite honest.

>richest league in the world by a huge margin
>content with such irrelevant achievements
At least when serie a used to be the richest it was also the best

now now, we've already shown up Atletico and Sevilla in the CL, you don't want to get any more exposed do you?

The same two teams that would walk the PL according some people on Sup Forums

RBL, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg are quasi owned by 3rd parties and they are trash. Look at France, it's only working for PSG. Monaco had 1 good season. Italy? Inter & AC still mediocre. England is just better off in general because they have huge TV money.

For mainland Europe, unless your club is backed by an oil state that prints money, some random investor won't do shit.

>Monaco had 1 good season.
Stopped investing and went for another business model based on sell.
>
>Inter & AC still mediocre.
Not for long.
>Inter & AC still mediocre
Not for long, it's still too fresh.

Just look at Chelsea and City. It does work.

Monaco's owner isn't really trying to invest in the team, just to make mad cash through their youth.

>RBL, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg

As far as I'm aware Hopp, Bayer and VW don't really invest in the teams, do they? For RB it's too early to tell, they probably need a few more years to really install themselves. No idea how they will turn out in the longer term considering that RB, unlike owners of many other clubs, own two other decent sized clubs (RB NY and Salzburg).

>Inter&AC

Still too early to tell I think.

The way I see it the BL has two options if they want to remain competitive in Europe :

-Abolish 50+1 and see what happens (though obviously the fans are going to stir up quite the shitstorm)
-Get competent people in charge at at least two of Schalke, HSV, Bremen, Stuttgart or whatever club could potentially reach at least Dortmund's tier and start a virtuous circle of more competition > better product > bigger TV rights > better players > more competition etc etc etc (that might take a while)

>staying about Italy
>irrelevant
lol ok then

We could easily go top 6 in the CL. Arsenal are shit but they would easily qualify from the groups. I'm not sure Spain would do as well with their 5th and 6th teams in the competition.

Why is Russia so high? Our league is unwatchable crap. I cant even imagine how shitty other leagues are.

I'm still not watching your league desu

The whole point of my post was to say that you can't pretend it'll work like PSG (oil state), ManCity (oil state) or other English clubs (TV money).

Abramovich bought Chelsea for 0.7 Neymars, like he could do shit at a German club where he has to spent 100m pa just to compete with England.

Cyprus confirmed GOAT footballing country

>7 years of failure are now an achievment because Bundesliga had a wacky season
lmao at you spee
this will all be corrected next season or at the latest when the new tv deal kicks in