Mount Eerie thread

So what does everyone think of this? I think it's quite good. Tin Tin In Tibet and Two Paintings By Nikolai Astrup are my favorites. This could be one of Phil's best records, I'm really getting into it. I've already heard it three times.

npr.org/2018/03/08/590957789/first-listen-mount-eerie-now-only

I'm a gigantic Phil fan so I'm glad to see him return to a more fully formed sound. I enjoyed A Crow Looked At Me and obviously that was a transitional record so it wasn't going to be another Sauna (which is one of my favs) so I understood that going in. This new record is absolutely Phil's best album in his now "third act" of his career.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!L94zBBpA!gulyvQCvnd1HK1mHoP8MX7Ynqk0R0QVX2cNt3eHjeX4
youtube.com/watch?v=6QMvAmccXjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How would you divide the "third act" of his career? Is A Crow Looked At Me the separation from Mount Eerie stuff into something new?

god its so good
i didnt know it was released yet im so happy that i got to listen to it already with your link
its his best work, suprisingly better than a crow looked at me
I've been listening to Tin Tin in Tibet and Distortion loads of his bandcamp and they were fantastic and i didnt think they'd be topped, but Earth and Crow Part 2, holy shit

this is the best album of the 2010's
and im going to listen to it for the rest of the night and get drunk

ty op for posting the link

There is a 320 link somewhere and I hope someone comes through with it in this thread.

Is there a legit link or just stream rips?

There’s a bunch of stream rips, but I saw a 320 posted on NAR today. There hosting sites are unbelievably slow though.

not op, but i'd say so
phil said that sauna felt "final" when it came out and a crow looked at me's approach to lyrics is almost the exact same as kozelek's post-among the leaves work (going from poetic understated lyrics to candid detailed ones). it also opened him up to a huge new audience.

somebody pls come through with this

There seems to be a 320 on Soulseek, but the user isn't active right now.

Bump for potential 320

He just started uploading it, I will try to upload it on mega when it's done.

mega.nz/#!L94zBBpA!gulyvQCvnd1HK1mHoP8MX7Ynqk0R0QVX2cNt3eHjeX4

Thanks!

Two Paintings By Nikolai Astrup sounds familiar (the guitar), like one of his old songs, does anyone know which one i can't remember

youtube.com/watch?v=6QMvAmccXjI

yeaaaah thanks

Oh god. It's incredible. Holy shit.

Really good!! I also unironically like the album cover.

its really fucking good, and has a lot of unexpected moments
>the fuckin chorus on Now Only
legit caught me off guard

It's A Crow Looked at Me but good

>Mount Soy

It was even better when I saw him in concert in January, the whole theatre was audibly confused

Yeah, I think this beats A Crow Looked at Me.

This is the best thing he's done since Clear Moon.

is it that old mid career mount eerie sound, cause that was the best. sauna and a crow were mediocre.

yikes

It really feels like a return to form.

>i like half baked ideas

yikes