Does anyone else think DK is the worst of all the big 80s punk bands?

Does anyone else think DK is the worst of all the big 80s punk bands?

None of their songs are memorable or or catchy or emotive, seems like they were just a vehicle for Jello's politics and lame sense of humor.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4XxscpCp7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Theyre good cuz the funny voice man

You're thinking of Black Flag

>they were just a vehicle for Jello's politics

What is Punk Rock? Dumbass

KYS

gotta say the west coast bands hold up better desu

Their songs are like some of the catchiest ever.

>implying California Uber allies and holiday in Cambodia arent memorable

Also
>catchy and emotive
Fuck off fag

I like how weird they got with Plastic Surgery Disasters and Frankenchrist, so I'm gonna have to disagree.

I know I'm taking the bait, but FUCK YOU OP!
Not only are The Dead Kennedys GOAT pic posted is now more relevant than ever.

Nazi Punks Fuck Off is not memorable? Then why is it posted everywhere?

(Jello Biafra IS a big asshole in real life, though. I'll give you that. Just ask all the other former members of The DKS)

late DK is some of the worst punk ever, it really is just a fucking slog. I think that Fresh Fruit is a 10/10, I still love it. The follow up is quite good but starts to show signs of wear and tear and by Frankenchrist, yes I would agree with your opinion, but Fresh Fruit is a fucking really really good album all the way through. Very original and fun sound, stands the test of time, manages to be both blisteringly angry and pranksterish and has a few timeless songs on it to boot. but two out of four of their studio LPs being absolute trash is not a good average.

is my cock big enough,is my brain small enough for you to call me a staaaaarrrrrrr

"Alright Faggot, we're calling the POLICE!"

Soyest punk band

jes

>78583761
are you people even real

>None of their songs are memorable or or catchy or emotive

>You're thinking of Black Flag

>What is Punk Rock? Dumbass

I have been baited.

are you fucking retarded OP?

I've had this opinion for years. East Bay Ray is a good guitarist but Jello's voice is unbearable and their politics get so fucking old after a while.

Just listen to Minor Threat or Gorilla Biscuits when it comes to 80's hardcore, fuck Dead Kennedys. They're the reason Tumblr punk became a thing.

>Dead Kennedys
>GOAT

wanna know how I can tell you're a teenager who just got into punk a year ago?

because he is not blasting this as loud as possible
youtube.com/watch?v=I4XxscpCp7A

His Daffy Duck vocals have always been annoying to me. Even more annoying than Crass.

East Bay Ray is one of my favorite guitarists, he really doesn't get enough appreciation.
DK are fantastic, their first three albums are pure gold. people who dismiss anything with more than three chords as "not punk" suck

Dead Kennedys are probably the catchiest punk band out there.

>people who dismiss anything with more than three chords as "not punk" suck
this
the dogmatic imposition of stylistic limitations was ultimately what killed the scene. it was already killing the scene by 84.

I listened to the OP album with someone who doesn't listen to punk once and days later still heard that person humming the chorus from Kill the Poor and California über Alles. If that isn't proof that DK are catchy, then I don't know what is.

I'LL SELL YOU MY SOUUUUL