What does Sup Forums think of Coheed? Going to listen to this album for the first time. What should I expect?

What does Sup Forums think of Coheed? Going to listen to this album for the first time. What should I expect?

In Keeping Secrets is their best album. A few good songs in Apollo. Everything else is forgettable

They were my favorite band when I was 15, but I've pretty much outgrown them and I hardly listen to them anymore. They're super cheesy and Claudio's voice isn't for everyone. Even though most people love Good Apollo, in retrospect, it's pretty middle of the road and only their first two albums are really memorable.

this

The comics are terrible, contrived and convoluted story lines and the lyrics barely correlate but god damn did I love them when I was younger. Perfectly pretentious and confusing. Got me into prog.

Coheed is gay

A legitimately good album desu

But Coheed's a real hit-or-miss band

Gayheed and fagbria

Queerheed and cumbria

Are you 14?

Don't listen to these nerds. Coheed is great, and it's one of their best albums imo.

Just don't look into the Armory Wars stuff, it's kind of dumb.

what music have you matured to, faggot

*early Coheed is great

After In Keeping Secrets they went from fake edgy to REAL edgy with fourth-wall breaking and how the writing writer (the dumbest title ever btw) hates his whore gf who is actually just Claudio's IRL gf put into the story. Also notice how pretty much every song on Good Apollo is barely 2-3 minutes.

Okay I agree with you there with the whole Writing Writer thing being awful, but you cant honestly think stuff like The Afterman wasnt good.

I mean it is pretty edgy, but Claudio has usually been pretty edgy with his song writing Plus imo the instrumentation on that album was the best out of any Coheed Album.

The rest of Coheed's stuff after Burning Star 4 are pretty shit though, I can agree with you on that

> but you cant honestly think stuff like The Afterman wasnt good.
In my opinion, The Afterman albums are just as good as the Good Apollo albums. They're okay Coheed albums and I don't know why Coheed fans hate The Afterman stuff but love the Good Apollo stuff. They're both okay but clearly don't match up to the first two albums.

Coheed was always edgy, but they were self aware. Like when Claudio is screaming "DIE WHITE GIIIIIIIIRLS" they're not being serious, it's very tongue in cheek. Is everything past that tongue in cheek? I don't think so

They are like Rush but gayer

this

!!!CORRECT OPINION COMING THROUGH!!!

Coheed arent mind blowing, but they’re amazing. They can show off technical ability and creativity without alienating a basic audience. They’re just enough out there for people who we’re into basic pop punk back in the day to go “Oh shit, this is insane”

The Afterman double album is their best imo. The production is pristine (something that In Keeping Secrets and Good Apollo really lack), the sonic textures and layers are varied and full and it’s emotionally and musically dense.

>The Afterman double album is their best imo
Yikes. I don't hate The Afterman, but it does not match In Keeping secrets lmap

It's alright. Second Stage Turbine Blade is better though, probably their only album I still listen to occasionally.

In Keeping Secrets is hindered by its thin and not so good mixing. It is pretty simple and straight forward with the layering of the instrumentation and sonics produced. There isn’t too much variation either. Good album, but for me personally it doesn’t stick hard to me. Good Apollo feels like an evolution and step forward in the direction of what IKS was doing, almost a little too similar, so it feels like I could just listen to that album instead, unless it’s standout tracks from IKS.

The Afterman, however, is dense across many aspects. Not even for just Coheed standards. Even the simpler songs are made more than just what they are through the very interesting sound design, full and layered production and varied instrumentation. Between the two halves there is more variety than what’s between IKS and Good Apollo. The mixing is absolutely pristine as I said before. There is a tiny bit of filler, but not to the extent as IKS, but even then, there is still a lot that distinguishes each track from the other from structure, writing, foundation of sound and what not. It’s a great blend of subtle experimentation during songs, but even some of the segues between songs get weird as fuck in duh a great way. It’s very emotionally charged, but doesn’t rely entirely involved emotion to carry the songs. They’re very well written and so far are the pinnacle of Coheed for me, as it represents pretty much every end of the spectrum for them and it pushes their sound forward, as it includes quite a bit of electronics and sees them utilizing different styles of music.

As someone whose been a really long time Coheed Fan, I honestly think..

Afterman A > From Fear > In Keeping Secrets > No world for tomorrow > Second Stage > Afterman D > > > > > > > The Color Before The Sun > > > > Year of the Black Rainbow