Iceage - Beyondless

This is their best album. Discuss

Attached: Beyondless.jpg (620x620, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qP8GJj8lAI8
youtube.com/watch?v=ZabVU4_e8kw
youtube.com/watch?v=NqYhzeQLzAI
youtube.com/watch?v=hUQBGN7gRfo
youtube.com/watch?v=rs8RVDoErNs
youtu.be/nw3Ldw682qM
youtube.com/watch?v=R4wBFHV-PjU
youtube.com/watch?v=xi9jBc-3yxE
youtu.be/Xf69sv3LKx4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This band could single-handedly make rock music relevant again with the right machinery behind them. A shame it won't happen.

>have the best young rock guitarist on the planet in your band
>regularly have him completely buried in the mix on your recordings

Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=qP8GJj8lAI8

Can't find a torrent

Soulseekqt has it

This album is tight

First listen so far

the ego of elias will kill them before that

Elias wants all the attention and shows off his whore trash gf

that's really bad

It's shit. Iceage died after Plowing. They sound way to happy for their own good. Painkiller sounds like the Stones. The rest sounds like watered down bad seeds aka marching Church. Sad really, even Lower (the only other band besides Iceage that were promising and not just indeh jangly pseudo punk from the copenhagen scene) doesnt make music anymore, our last hope

Attached: Willem-Voogd.1.jpg (1913x847, 178K)

Elias and Sky are together? I thought Elias was gay

pathetic

Let this meme die. Hes not gay. Him and his trashy indie gf have been together for almost a year now

I had high hopes for Communions when their first EP came out.
I don't even know how many times I listened to this tune back in 2014.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZabVU4_e8kw

Then they turned into this.

youtube.com/watch?v=NqYhzeQLzAI
youtube.com/watch?v=hUQBGN7gRfo

wtf i hate elias now

I'm sorry. I'm just a long time fan and dissapointed

feels bad man.
My first impression of this album wasn't great but I'm on my third listen and its definitely growing on me.
That being said, it definitely won't top their other albums.
I'm fine with them going less punk and more like Plowing, but on this album they've definitely lost the dark sound they had which was what made them so good.

lower was shit

he had a sideproject that played on the whole homoerotic stuff thats where those fag pics come from

who the fuck mixed this

Go listen to Walk on Heads and come back. Lower was amazing

seems like it if you look at the pictures on their instagram pages. I am seriously hoping he‘s ditching her soon

Attached: F7B00C90-3CB3-4906-9416-A2472426E1DC.png (1185x720, 642K)

it pisses me off that this song just disappeared

youtube.com/watch?v=rs8RVDoErNs

This, too. The Scandinavian bands are all watered down at this point. Same happened to Holograms

why is he so beautiful bros?
i would do anything to be sky desu

Attached: elias.jpg (664x836, 91K)

Same, as soon as I heard this it gave me such high hopes for what this album would be like. It seems so objectively better than pretty much anything on this album, i dont get why they omitted it?

This

he has a nice face for a scandinavian, 8/10
but don't exaggerate

It might get released as a B-side or a standalone single somewhere down the line. They did that with several songs that they were regularly playing live in 2012/2013 that didn't make it onto You're Nothing.

He's probably a serious pain to be around for prolonged periods of time desu.
I remember all these rumors circulating about his drug use and growing egotism all the way back in 2014. Can't even imagine how far up his own ass he's gotten since then.
Probably very far, considering that Marching Church shit.

tfw share his name but not his 10/10 looks, i'm stuck with babyfaced twink look until i hit like fucking 30

“I think we accomplished making a fantastic and very important piece of culture.” - Elias Bender Ronnenfelt, fader interview around the time Plowing came out. It's a good album for sure, but this just proves how big his ego has become

Itt: >boo hoo theyre not edgy anymore! up da punx!! XD

If you seriously think this album is better than any of their older stuff consider offing yourself

they weren't just punk, they were hardcore
and now, what's this bohemian stuff?

i thinks hes a huge autist whos trying pretty hard, idk about the whole ego thing

youtu.be/nw3Ldw682qM

I think their newer stuff has more character, and sounds "bigger". I also like how theyre incorporating influences from so many genres

I bet you guys hate the clash too?

Fuck the clash

t. soy

t. 12 year old

The songs themselves are really good but the mixing is so fucking bad what the hell

>15 posters

Gotta be kidding me with all this samefagging

or, you know, discussion

This post killed a large amount of my brain cells.

You dont know what samefagging is huh?

Oh fuck off

These are all me ;)

Taz isn't in any band
youtube.com/watch?v=R4wBFHV-PjU

I really hope they fix the mixing by the time they drop the album in may because it's too scattered and messy. best songs are Hurrah, Catch It, Thieves Like Us, Showtime and Beyondless I guess.
also Plowing>You're Nothing>Beyondless>New Brigade

Objective ranking:
Youre nothing > New brigade > Plowing > EP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> beyondless

Attached: Slimste-Mens-Willem-Voogd2.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Why do you rank plowing that much higher than beyondless? Theyre pretty much the same album

I don't really understand why NB is regarded so highly on here it has too much of a juvenile and underdeveloped sound to it
plowing is way more consistent and it's Elias' best writing to date. it's like a cross between YN and Beyondless so basically it's perfect,

Plowing has so much more atmosphere and urgency. No matter what people make it out to be, a birthday party rip off or what ever, it is a really intense album. The drums hit hard (especially on "Stay") and the songs are dark and gloomy, which worked really well IMO. Beyondless is just bland in comparison

I think I may have cried because of this song the first time I heard it.

youtube.com/watch?v=xi9jBc-3yxE

New Brigade was really the freshness that punk needed at the time, the same way Is This It was for alt rock. As for the music itself, it's just the perfect balance between noise rock, pop melodies, and hardcore mixed with elias' boyish vocals. All of the songs have aged very well also, sometimes I just throw on New Brigade for the nostalgia and longing for innocent times

The same thing happened to me. Such a great song. Plowing into the field of love too

Can you believe Elias said that was his least favorite on the album? I love that track

This band seems to be having an important formative value for a lot of people, which is interesting to see in an age where most rock bands are too flavorless and inoffensive to inspire any real passion.

really? no wonder the album is garbage

reminder that florida breeze is better than any song off beyondless
youtu.be/Xf69sv3LKx4

this is 'good', but the lyrics are unintelligible and it won't ever be on the radio for that reason

it leaked already? kek

Fuck off. I love Florida Breeze but this statement is utter bullshit

i mean...if showtime and catch it weren't on there he'd be right.