Despacito

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is the anthem of our generation?

Also reggaeton general.

Attached: fotonoticia_20170427113117_800.jpg (800x797, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSB4cLIr8aw
youtube.com/watch?v=CCF1_jI8Prk
youtu.be/thZTZk09Cp4
youtube.com/watch?v=pz02gsZVxoI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasolina#Chart_positions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

despacito is epic

SPACITO SPACITO

the absolute state of gringos

Attached: 1518324063184.png (850x785, 1.08M)

please do not post this american rainbow clown meme rapper in the reggaeton thread thank you

>reggaeton general

Attached: 06b.jpg (664x662, 24K)

why not

pls no.
Also
youtube.com/watch?v=HSB4cLIr8aw

The fact that this music is the norm in a bunch of Latin American countries stuns me
If someone came out with Despacito out of nowhere in an universe where Puerto Rico didn't exist, reviewers would call it the most groundbreaking pop album of the last 30 years
>the composition is so spartan and estabilishes avant-garde canons of catchiness
>phenomenal use of cadence in the singing and varying lyrical speed, ad-libs breed notes
>those swinging drums and guitars are downright experimental

I haven't heard more than 5 seconds of this song but I've heard enough latin american music to know I don't have to

so this is the power of liberalism...

Attached: 12313.gif (262x200, 577K)

>Implying Despacito isn't the exact fucking same as every other average reggaeton/latin pop song which come up every year.

I hope you're not trying to defend it, user.

reggaeton scares the soyboy indiehead crowd away so its cool with me

so you rather hang out with la luz extinguido...

yes, rather than ameriburgers

I mean it's a shitty genre but americans def produce shittier music

how do these nobodies always get like 5 billion views
who the fuck is luis fonsi and daddy yankee and who even listens to garbage ass music like despacito in the first place

gb2 r/indieheads uncultured swine

Attached: 1520652639129.jpg (1200x788, 381K)

>reggaeton

Attached: 1519079847240.jpg (413x395, 19K)

OBSESSED

are you one of the south american slum shitters that eat this up?

anyone ever noticed how everything in reggaeton sounds exactly the same - i mean none of them even try to use a different beat.
i get that the entire genre is based on that one beat, but come on.

no, just a patrician unlike you soboy

>thinking this song is even popular in south america.
this is just the same as any generic pop song here. i don't know why you americunts are lapping it up.

t.

Attached: you1.jpg (1200x675, 141K)

It is, in fact, like every other raggaeton song ever. I was just underlining the irony of the possibility and how "our" pop music is different from "them's".
Not letting any hints that I'm defending it out or anything from my post. Maybe you're just

well there you go

t. offended fatass

The song was pushed first by the media in Spanish speaking countries, then, Justin Bieber did a cover. Non-spanish speaking normies notices it without knowing the language nor the fact that every single reggaeton song us exactly the same.... And that is how. Yanki was kinda known by the kind of scum that likes the genre but Fonsi was a no one.

>who the fuck is luis fonsi and daddy yankee

Luis Fonsi is primarily a pop singer, having performed at concerts that were attended by George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Pope John Paul II.

Daddy Yankee is a reggaeton artist, originally he had aspiration of become a pro baseball player until a a stray AK47 bullet damaged the nerves in his leg. He had reached international fame a decade and a half earlier with La Gasolina, which is a song about cum.

youtube.com/watch?v=CCF1_jI8Prk

yeah i know its like gangnam style
just this time favela dwellers gave it the first 500 million views and then retarded americans slurped it up

>i get that the entire genre is based on that one beat, but come on.

What is drum and bass

Attached: these-insecurities-aint-gonna-project-themself.jpg (480x425, 63K)

For all the talks of offended Americans being shocked at how sexual the lyrics and video are, despacito is one of the most family-friendly reggaeton songs in a while

>favela dwellers gave it the first 500 million views and then retarded americans slurped it up
fuck why is this so funny

What is amen break

>yeah i know its like gangnam style

Not really, Gangnam Style was more like La Macarena because it was a one-hit wonder meme song that people would laugh at and do as a joke, everyone from Grandpa to the kids would do the dance for youtube and whatever.

Despacito and reggaeton is songs about fucking, and the dancing style is pretty much fucking with your pants on. Pure Chad and Stacey shit.

Still Drum and Bass has more variety even though they do follow the same formula and the fans are aware of it.
In the case of reggaeton you can't distinguish between songs and if you tell the fans about it... Uff

no 'chad or stacy' turned on despacito for their friends unironically

come to latin america

everyone I know that ever listened to despacito is 15 (my sister's age) or younger

those arent chads and stacys thats pablo and gabriela

There are no Chads bruh

yeah same with gangnam style idk what hes on about

Normies loved reggaeton years and years before despacito. If they had just one latin friend or went to latin america for one winter they knew about reggaeton and unironically enjoy it.

i hope you understand reggaeton was and has literally never been a huge thing in america and has only ever been huge in south american shitholes right?

>Drum and Bass has more variety

lol

>In the case of reggaeton you can't distinguish between songs and if you tell the fans about it... Uff

Try listening to more than just one song. I'm not saying there's tons of variety, but there's a few distinct styles.

I see. Anyway, I understand it when it comes from americans or brits because this shit was almost unknown for you guys until this song came out. In my case, it's nothing new for me since I'm spanish.

youtu.be/thZTZk09Cp4

It breached the mainstream, in America and across the world, in the early-mid 2000s. Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Sure it wasn't as dominating as Eminem or Katy Perry or LMFAO - but it was still popular enough to be played in clubs and also have its own clubs.

if youre spanish then youre literally bombarded by reggaeton
its quintessential music to blast on shitcan speakers while the trashy girls throw their asses around

in clubs in fuckin miami
literally still in south america

Except I had my fucking coworkers put it like ten times in the same day.it sounded like the song played the whole day while actually there was some stuff between and couldn't distinguish them.
I'm in a Spanish speaking country. And yes I had heard reggaeton and I'm tired of it.

come on guy, I knew exactly what that was going to sound like from seeing the thumbnail

This, but without any sort of spite.

youtube.com/watch?v=pz02gsZVxoI

im not spiteful im just sayin it like it is
i can literally picture in my head where you would blast reggaeton

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gasolina#Chart_positions

Attached: You.jpg (645x729, 41K)

>one song
i know gasolina was popular that doesnt mean reggaeton is a beloved genre in america
thats like saying gangnam style was popular so everyone was listening to kpop

good god I despise reggaeton, but the fact that I know how to dance to it properly has scored me some major pussy points in the past year

did you just flail around

Attached: black people.webm (640x640, 2.47M)

following up on this post: even though I do hate reggaeton, definitely prefer it "white people music" like trap, etc. that they play at parties or (god forbid) bollyshit shit that I have sadly been subjected to a couple of times

awful music, good to dance to at a party.

I never said that e v e r y o n e was listening to reggaeton, but it was still popular enough 10-15 years ago. Loads of songs from different artists breached the top 100 and they also collaborated with American artists as well.

This

This. Reggaeton is the ultimate normie music because its only purpose is to dance with a slutty girl.

If you're able to dance to reggaeton, you've evolved into a normie.

That's jamaican daggering, mayonnaise mike.

lol

>spanish

As a PRfag that saw the birth of reggaeton, I wish all would die in a fire, especially Daddy Yankee

I have literally never heard of this song before months ago someone told me it was near gangnam style(?) in views. I'm convinced it's viewbotted because the song isn't even good

>I'm convinced it's viewbotted because the song isn't even good
Is there even a good song out there that has 1+ Billion views on YouTube?

What the fuck

>I live under a rock in my mother's basement and so if I haven't heard about a popular song, it can't possibly be real.

It didn't get the same coverage as gangnam style because like it was said earlier, it's not a funny dance that like Hillary Clinton can do on Ellen's show. Dancing to reggaeton is dry-humping.

but user you know that for every daddy yankee there will be 5 wisins and 6 yandels, you can't stop it

>tfw drinking at a normie party
>hitting up a nice, thin italian girl
>her gums are a tad too big and she is not getting any younger
>27 myself, grey hairs are starting to pop
>think I could take her home, maybe get out of this rut and start a family
>gangnam style comes on
>she wants to dance to it
>I am home, browsing Sup Forums and /lit/ while she has probably passed out on some guy's naked chest

it was being played in my rural high school a lot in those years during the school news