Acoustic thread

Play something on your guitar, record it, and share! Covers, original songs, whatever you'd like. Give constructive criticism, and don't be mean.

vocaroo.com/

Attached: vocaroo.png (400x400, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0ZdOk1MejTG
vocaroo.com/i/s1hvrz2mqvTG
vocaroo.com/i/s0os9fq8vScL
vocaroo.com/i/s1DobEweOfF0
vocaroo.com/i/s0hEEF7vx8B7
vocaroo.com/i/s0MohYcmLr8w
vocaroo.com/i/s1MWKYafC3wS
clyp.it/elgmv2pb
vocaroo.com/i/s1Vm3atV0g2P
vocaroo.com/i/s0yV3iU160ki
vocaroo.com/i/s0sCRtnpVNOQ
vocaroo.com/i/s0fIKghMK9dG
vocaroo.com/i/s08HmNpoYAOV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sun Kil Moon - Carry Me Ohio
vocaroo.com/i/s0ZdOk1MejTG

This is my first time singing, so I know it sucks, but I'd really appreciate any feedback. I'll come back in a bit and leave comments if this thread gets any replies.

Bump

Been trying to figure out an arrangement for this older blues song so here's a rough go at it. This kinda shit is probably a bit outside my vocal ability but I tried.

vocaroo.com/i/s1hvrz2mqvTG

If it's really your first time it's really not too bad. Sounds a bit low for you though, I figure singing it in a higher key with a bit more confidence and breath support would sound much better. I mean even the Koz sings pretty high on that track, I'm not sure it really works well as a low bassy thing, I think you just need to push your voice a bit harder.

Damn, that's impressive. Reminds me a lot of John Fahey, though the vocals are an interesting touch. Despite your comment, they don't sound bad at all, but there is kind of a strange contrast between your smooth tone and the really gritty fingerpicking. You could perhaps experiment with that, but on a technical level, I honestly don't see any flaws. Cool stuff.
>I mean even the Koz sings pretty high on that track
I honestly couldn't tell because his voice is kind of unique and carries a certain weight to it, so that it seems lower than it is. Moving it up an octave makes it way easier, and it does sound better. Thanks for pointing that out.

vocaroo.com/i/s0os9fq8vScL

Thanks man, but yeah I just always worry about my vocals not sounding right for those kinds of songs, just gotta mess around with it I guess. And no problem, I figured an octave shift would help.

Excellent choice, friend. It's not bad at all.

>Red House Painters - Michael
vocaroo.com/i/s1DobEweOfF0

>Red House Painters - Blindfold (with REEEEEEEEEEEEE)
vocaroo.com/i/s0hEEF7vx8B7

10/10 reee. People don't talk about that song enough. Mark fuckin goes hard.

vocaroo.com/i/s0MohYcmLr8w

First recording I have posted in fingerstyle, up until two weeks ago I couldn't sing over fingerstyle for the life of me. Managed to record without fucking up too colossally (until the last verse, fucking typical).

Bloody hell man, you sure can get some great blues out that guitar.

With small hesitation, I'd say it's my favorite RHP song. Maybe.

The guitar throughout and the climaxes are both awesome. Otherwise I think the vocals could benefit from a bit more emotion during the verses, but it's quite good.
Maybe you can try singing with a bit more slack, like a lot of old blues musicians, where it's almost like they're talking. Your voice almost sounds like an affect there because it's so smooth. If that's what you're concerned about, there's certainly a lot of ways you could toy with that.
Are you the same guy that usually posts RHP in these threads? They're really good covers. It's cool how you match up with Mark's voice in Down Colorful Hill when he sang in that sort of cleaner way than usual. Good stuff!
Grats on the progress, man. People don't know how hard it is to sing well while you're playing, and you do a nice job.

>Are you the same guy that usually posts RHP in these threads?

Yessir. Thanks for the good words.

vocaroo.com/i/s1MWKYafC3wS
gay furry shill song

>Grats on the progress, man. People don't know how hard it is to sing well while you're playing, and you do a nice job.

Thanks very much. I've never found it hard singing and strumming, have been doing that since I first picked up a guitar eight months ago, but fingerstyle is another matter. I'm relieved I can finally do it, now need to start working on more complex patterns and adding in more suspended chords.

clyp.it/elgmv2pb

Not sure if doing this song justice. Bob Dylan practically shouts it on Blood on the Tracks, I prefer the open D version but find impossible to do without too much fretboard noises.

>tfw always too scared to post my songs
;_;

another one
vocaroo.com/i/s1Vm3atV0g2P

I only post this because there is no situation in real life where I would play this in front of others.
vocaroo.com/i/s0yV3iU160ki

i really like this song, i kinda fucked up the lyrics and the guitar bit i coulda tried a little harder and i cant sing so there thats too

vocaroo.com/i/s0sCRtnpVNOQ

Good voice, but your guitar playing is sloppy. I would lower the volume and add some reverb.

bump

Man, you really need a new mic. From what I could make out, though, good cover! You hit those intense parts really well, and if I were to make one criticism, the strumming could use a bit more energy so that it matches the growing intensity of the song.
I don't remember the Dylan version, but this is pleasant. You have a soothing voice, and the dialogue was handled well too.
Everyone hates their voice, if that's what's scaring you.
I like how you play near the bridge, that's always fun.
That's a really gravelly voice, it's cool what you do with it. The melody's enjoyable too, and you're on key AFAIK. What's the song?

thanks man i've just never really felt like i could sing on the count of my voice being raspy haha the song is called X ray Style by Joe Strummer

vocaroo.com/i/s0fIKghMK9dG
vocaroo.com/i/s08HmNpoYAOV

Attached: cc203aaa0d41ec8106266490bf9ed733.jpg (463x339, 29K)

just gonna bump this comfy thread while i record