Is this the most brutal not fatal injury in sports?

Is this the most brutal not fatal injury in sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KysP71KKzIc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Zanardi
youtube.com/watch?v=1cfPr-D_4iY
youtube.com/watch?v=UUNzZlBMM38
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBLnKkWgQw
youtu.be/KX2yxGK5ZZw
youtu.be/nIoJzuju0CA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Well it was a fatal injury. Players have died from that same accident a few times since this. And, by the way, a few people in the crowd died from heart attacks. He is lucky to be alive, probably wouldn't be if his team physician wasn't a vascular surgeon

If motorsports are included, Alex Zanardi wins. Dude was cut in half in a crash, somehow lived, and wound up basically still being a badass despite having his legs sheared off.

youtube.com/watch?v=KysP71KKzIc

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Zanardi

>that pic

The bear that got bent in half backwards by a seahawk tackle was pretty fucking disgusting too.

Ew.

Worst I saw live was when Jason Kendall broke his ankle trying to beat out a bunt

Most doctors now how to do a tourniquet.

crack open a bear.gif

a tournequit doesn't go on a neck, dipshit
The surgeon basically grabbed both whatever vessels were cut with his fingers and held them closed. My mom had to do that once while working in antepartum but she was holding a baby's head so it wouldn't put pressure on the umbilical cord. Fingers in a chick's v for like an hour, she got nerve damage from the fucky angle

Is this really a big injury for a baseball player? You don't really have to run much. Couldn't they possibly just tape the injury up and keep him in there?

Guys used to get beaned pretty frequently during the dead ball era

You don't see the bone sticking out?

Yeah seriously just rub some dirt on the bone and have him walk it off.

There wasn't a "team physician" there

All they had was the team athletic trainer who was a army combat engineer who served in 'nam

Obviously nam was just a fuckin mess so he had to stuff his fingers in neck wounds like that before

And not really stick fingers in, he pinched off the blood vessel

True heroism

I had this game on and didn't even realize it happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=1cfPr-D_4iY
lel

why?

god damn that was brutal, still don't want to see it again

He pulled Gus Ferotte

youtube.com/watch?v=UUNzZlBMM38

(he gave himself a concussion)

.t jap coach

Since we have already talked motorsports, I'm going to submit Kyle's Daytona Xfinity wreck in 2015. Even tho I hate the dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZBLnKkWgQw

The details of what happened are pretty harsh. I don't have the energy rn to search for the account, but basically the entire engine and transmission came through the firewall and crushed his legs. He was inches from being crushed to death, and a lot of doctors who worked on him don't know how he survived. He would spend a few months recovering then would go on to win the cup championship that year.

youtu.be/KX2yxGK5ZZw
Nearly munted when I saw this. I'm a fuckin softcock

[Wayne Shelford] was a notable victim of the infamous "Battle of Nantes" in the second Test. Roughly 20 minutes into the match, he was caught at the bottom of a rather aggressive ruck, and an errant French boot found its way into Shelford's groin, somehow ripping his scrotum and leaving one testicle hanging free. He also lost four teeth in the process. Incredibly, after discovering the injury to his scrotum, he calmly asked the physio to stitch up the tear and returned to the field before a blow to his head left him concussed. He was substituted and watched the remainder of the game from the grandstand where he witnessed the All Blacks lose 16–3. To this day Shelford has no memory of the game.

>neck tourniquet
Oh god my sides

sounds kinda hot

Travis Pastrana is literally not sane.
He survived a motorcycle crash that separated his spine from his pelvis at age 15. Then he went out and did X games only 6 months later with two titanium screws through his pelvis holding his spine in place.

youtu.be/nIoJzuju0CA

He was a catcher so yeah

Addicted to the adrenaline rush. He’s either going to die doing stunts or kill himself after he retires/forced to retire