I'm at the end of The Original Series, anyone got a guide in what order and what should I watch next...

I'm at the end of The Original Series, anyone got a guide in what order and what should I watch next? I head good things about The Wrath of Khan and it was released before NTG so should i watch it before next generation? Or point me to pasta if it exists

Watch the TOS movies and then TNG. Skip the movie about whales though.

>Skip the movie about whales though.
which one is that

>skip The Voyage Home
Absolute shit taste you massive faggot.

The Animooted Series of course

faggotree detected

Watch:
TMP (bring snacks and a bit of patience. It's slow-paced but it's a good movie.)
TWOK
TSFS
TVH
TUC

i.e. just skip ST V:TFF

Then start with TNG's pilot. Try not to cringe, it'll get a lot better.
You can skip a lot of TNG's first season though. If you want a comprehensive list of "must-watch" TNG first season episodes, just ask and I shall copypaste the list I put together a while ago (there's also a JPEG of such a list encomprising all TNG episodes. It mostly corresponds to my list, but I disagree on a few points)

thanks

why would you skip episodes of any show you absolute pleb.

voyage home is awesome, also you have to watch everything no exceptions even the one where spock's long lost brother tries to meet god and a 55 yr old uhura does a half naked hula dance

>skipping any of the TOS movies
No, TFF is hilarious.

I'm also watching Star Trek TOS for the first time, and it's awesome, interesting plots, hot bitches in every episode, moral dilemmas and characters that show grow and personality. I'm loving this shit and would had not see it had not been for Anthony Cumia and Mike from RLM and their love for it.

Because S1 is a mess you ignorant cunt!

If you're enjoying TOS you'll probably enjoy all the movies, even the bad one. Probably even the bad early TNG ones if it doesn't feel too "clinical" which is a common complaint from older fans.

>what should I watch next
Nothing. Just finish TOS and move on to something else

Anthony likes Star Trek?

>Skip the one about whales
Nigga, that's the best one.

The less-than-stellar parts of TNG are still contributors to Trek culture. Skipping a whole season means you miss out on a lot of discussion and inside jokes.

>missing out on Sup Forums's Sup Forums's /trek/'s """culture"""
No big loss.

It really doesn't matter whether Armus is a big guy or the Traveler eats comet pizza.

Actually, I consider "Where No One has Gone Before" not only one the better episodes but also a rather important one

Here's my age-old list of S1 episodes that are worth a watch (IMO). Episodes that introduce concepts, characters and plot items that will become important at some point later on will only be annoted with "For continuity's sake"

Eps. 1/2 "Encounter at Farpoint" (obvious...)
Ep. 5 "The Last Outpost" (cringeworthily introduces the Ferengi. A dreadful failure, yet worth a watch for curiosity's sake)
Ep. 6 "Where No One Has Gone Before" (A neat episode, centered on some "actual" Sci-Fi)
Ep. 9 "The Battle" (Well, the Ferengi again. But you'll get to know the "Picard Maneuver")
Ep. 13 "Datalore" (For continuity's sake)
Ep. 15 "11001001" (For continuity's sake. Also nice matte paintings.)
Ep. 18 "Home Soil" (A really good "Strange New Species"-Sci-Fi-centered episode not unlike TOS's "The Devil in the Dark")
Ep. 19 "Coming of Age" (unfortunately Wesley-centered. But you get a good look at how Starfleet Academy works – it's quite different from the JJ-verse academy and way more plausible)
Ep. 20 "Heart of Glory" (first real introduction to TNG-Klingons)
Ep. 23 "Skin of Evil" (For continuity's sake)
Ep. 24 "We'll Always Have Paris" (Sheds a bit of light on the type of guy that Picard is. Some neat special effects. Also Michelle Phillips. She was still quite the looker back then.)
Ep. 25 "Conspiracy" (Star Trek's first take on "Sci-Fi horror". Features the only REALLY gory scene in the whole franchise)
Ep. 26 "The Neutral Zone" (For continuity's sake. Also an interesting "fish-out-of-water"-episode featuring cryogenically frozen humans)

Symbiosis is also worth watching.

If you're so inclined you might also want to watch Ep. 3 "The Naked Now", to get an alternative take on a classic TOS episode and Ep. 4 "Code of Honor" which stands out as one the most reviled TNG episodes, since it can easily be labelled "racist". The thing is: Hadn't they chosen an alien species to be portrayed by black people in moorish clothing, this episode actually would've been viewed as a great "Kirk did it that way, now look how Picard does it"-episode.

Hmmm... the first "the Prime Directive sucks massive donkey balls"-episode...
Yeah, might be worth a watch.

It's the first "Prime Directive is a great idea and here's why" episode.

Actually, it's both at the same time.
A great Picard monologue will convince you of the Prime Directive while the episode shows why the concept may not stand up to specific cases.

[spoilers]In that specific case, the Federation had no obligation to help either of those people, and if they interfered then they would just be getting themselves into a huge mess with no clear way out. The situation was eventually going to resolve itself, and the Federation barging in all high and mighty would mean no real advancement on the part of either culture, possibly extending their problems with no end in sight.[/spoiler]

See: The Middle East.

Star Trek II, III, IV & VI then select episodes of TNG followed by Star Trek Generations & First Contact. Select episodes of DS9 next. Say fuck you to everything else.

INB4 Star Trek: Generations sucks.

>I'm also watching Star Trek TOS for the first time, and it's awesome, interesting plots, hot bitches in every episode, moral dilemmas and characters that show grow and personality.
same here

TMP is a better move than any TNG flick IMO.

First Contact was really disappointing. People only like it because the Borg are in it, that's it. It feels like two separate movies with how disconnected the Borg attack on the Enterprise and the team on the ground helping Zefram Cochrane who are completely unaware of the Borg attack on the ship for the entire movie are.

The whole Zefram Cochrane plot is just boring. He's got a lot of historical significance to the in-universe characters but to us he's just the fictional character who invented the warp drive, who cares that we get to see him? Wow, he's kind of a schlubby guy who likes to drink and listen to rock, how unexpected! I didn't even have a strong conception of him in the first place to be subverted.

As far as the borg plot goes I don't even think I need to explain how the queen ruins the Borg and how out of character Picard is because other people have done it before me and better. Generations is actually a better movie despite its obvious flaws IMO.

I probably never would have gotten into Trek if it weren't for Mike constantly hijacking conversations to talk about it.

watch the TOS movies and then watch TNG. Don't listen to the faggot and WATCH the whale movie. It's pretty nice.

For TNG you can follow this guide. Basically Season 1 and 2 got a lot of shit episodes you can skip.

TOS → Films (1-6) → TNG → Generations (Film #7) → DS9 → VOY → Films 8-10 → ENT → JJTrek
took me more than half a year but I went through every fucking thing there was, worth it.

Watch the original series movies and then watch TNG.

If TNG's first season is unbearable then skip to the second season. The first really great episode of TNG is probably "A Matter of Honor" in S2.

I don't like First Contact as much as I used to, but it's still worth a watch IMO. Star Trek Generations gets a lot of undeserved hate (but holy fuck Brent Spiner is awful in this), and the crash scene is completely amazeballs to this day ***SPOILER ALERT***SPOILER ALERT***largely owing to the fact that they actually built a giant fucking fiberglass saucer that they hung from wires and kept crashing into dirt out on the Paramount back lot.

this
TAS is so good, very dark

I think there's an even newer version of this somewhere.

which has literally TWO good episodes...

Which ones?

In the newer version, The Royale has been downgraded from bad (red) to kino (purple).

Why are they called Orbs when they're cylindrical?

OFFICIAL TOS MOVIE POWER RANKINGS

2>4>3>5>1

If you got through TOS in its entirety then there's nothing in the movies or seasons 1/2 of TNG that will stop you from getting to the best shit. Watch it all.

I went through the whole TOS and t.b.h. this little piece of shit almost made me give up on it, if I wasn't assured by you guys here that he's going away I'm not sure what'd happen

Someone make one for Enterprise and a real one for Voyager. I know those shows suck, but the Viewing Guides episode descriptions make me chuckle.

>Enterprise

Series premiere
Season 2 finale
All of season 3 and all of season 4

They would be very short. Episodes with Tuvok and Neelix, and that is basically all.

>Episodes with Tuvok and Neelix, and that is basically all