best nirvana album
pic related

Attached: inutero.jpg (355x354, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PvwqSMRtoSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in utero > nevermind > unplugged > bleach

Bleach = In Utero > Unplugged > Nevermind

Just don't. I'd rather listen to the dispatcher recording from when he killed himself.

Attached: 1470274387421.jpg (528x292, 127K)

>Nirvana
>good
Of course you Sup Forumstards just love your pop, don't you?

Their unplugged concert was their best performance because They didn't write most of those songs LOL fucking trash band, man.

I unironically believe that this album and OK Computer are actually the closest times where commercial pop rock has come to the avant garde. It's perfectly accessible but also has a lot of anti-normie songs and maintains artistic integrity.

You need to all just admit Nevermind is the best in every regard you dont even have a criteria of which aspect is better because no aspect is better. You only want to be unique for liking the most popular and normie band of the early 90s.

Nevermind. God Tier production thanks to Butch Vig but specifically Andy Wallaces mix of the album.

More editing. More eyes on the production. This was Geffens album of the summer. Nevermind was a project determined to suceed finacially and artistically.

Relateable themes in the music not "Im rich and my angsty teen fans are people I cant relate to and here is a song about it"

How exactly did in Utero progress NIrvana? He killed himself cause there was no where to go. In Utero is a great album on its own but it isnt a leap forward artistically or in any tangible way.

So next you will claim Bleach whos lyrics were written on the way to the studio. Anything butthe best album becaue you are a unique guy. Good for you /mu

Nevermind is like 40% filler

1. "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

2. "In Bloom"
3. "Come as You Are" 3:39
4. "Breed" 3:03
5. "Lithium" 4:17
6. "Polly" 2:57
7. "Territorial Pissings" Cobain, Chet Powers 2:22
8. "Drain You" 3:43
9. "Lounge Act" 2:36
10. "Stay Away" 3:32
11. "On a Plain" 3:16
12. "Something in the Way"

Name the 4 or 5 yo see as filler.

Sorry, but Come As You Are is kind of a bore of a song, and also a rip off. Stay Away is an unnecessarily typical punk song. But the rest of the album is pretty killer.

In Bloom, Lounge Act, Stay Away, On a Plain

>unplugged concert was their best performance
ummm sweetie...

Attached: 330a3d34f083135b4c335508e2050fcf.jpg (1500x1470, 262K)

this. such an amazing set list, most of their best songs are on there.
youtube.com/watch?v=PvwqSMRtoSI

>Live At Reading was better than Unplugged
ummm sweetie...

I can agree with that for sure.
I think lounge act is noteworthy just for its bass line. It brings something intersting to a typical 3 chord tune. On a Plain has good lyrics with double meanings and it has a bridge and nice bass work. I think on a Plaine is a solid piece of work.

In Utero has songs like tourettes and unit freindly radio shifter which are low effort filler at least the Nervermind filler was still an attempt at songs.

>How exactly did in Utero progress NIrvana? He killed himself cause there was no where to go. In Utero is a great album on its own but it isnt a leap forward artistically or in any tangible way.
Did you miss all the noise rock influences

Both of those songs kick ass, and if you want to call them filler you have to call Territorial Pissings filler too.

I get that a lot of you are teens and didnt live when the album came out and what not, but noise rock wasnt some cutting edge underground thing in 1993. What if he did a synth pop album? What difference does that make. You know people that arent communicating ideas but are still generating sound or any type of information with no meaning is the definition of Noise. Noise is not a good thing in music. Tension is far more powerful. Dynamics and other musical devices. Kurt isnt a genius for turning his amp to 10 and throwing an autistic fit one day in the studio because he ran out of song ideas.

Attached: unknown-4.png (1954x515, 1.16M)

>OK Computer
>In Utero
>avant garde

Attached: 1515280663326.jpg (960x960, 64K)

Bleach is for contrarians

Nevermind is for Normies

In Utero is for true patricians

>Bleach is for contrarians
Blew, scoff, school, the love buzz cover, and negative creep are sludgy bangers

Meh to be honest Nirvanas entire catalogue could be considered filler for the 90s. It depends where the spectrum is. As I see it Nirvana were a bubble gum band pushed by the industry. Its not like Kurt was an ugly man. He wrote pop music. He wanted to be popular. When you accept we live in a certain world where certain (((players)))) are manipulating the masses through media and entertaiment, a guy like Kurt just ends up looking like a Lee Harvey Oswald. Nirvana were the establishment so its a non conversation really. From the frame of what the albums are (nsync tier entertainment/propaganda for teens) Nevermind is still the best. Its like arguing the quaterpounder is better than the Big Mac. They are both grabage but dont pick 1/4 punder to look like an aficinado.

If it was a synth pop album that worked as well as In Utero does it would have been great.

Bleach is the ultimate grunge album. Beats all of their contemporaries, including Mudhoney.
It's the one Nirvana album that actually has zero filler on it.

Attached: IMG_1396.jpg (514x511, 53K)

In Utero didnt work. It was a failed project that had the 2 singles remixed. Its nice to romaticize these things looking back but if you where around at the time In Utero didnt really make a splash. Other bands were putting out albums. Soundgarden is better anyways. Mu/ are teens discovering the past and on a high like we were when we found the beatles. Then you realize that its all corporate bullshit.

probably gonna go with the true contrarian choice and say incesticide
>kurt was handsome and signed to a label so its like nsync

damn bruh dropin the red pills these sheeps wakin up my man

Attached: 5.jpg (800x500, 95K)

Sounds good to me now go back to pol

yeah i heard that song where he goes rape me for five minutes was sponsored by coke

Sorry I know you are not supposed to acknowledge where and who funds then entertainment we are waisting time discussing. Yes these albums that cost about 1 million bucks to produce and market to the masses are organic grass root art, just like our grass root politicians. Silly me. So glad we all discovered Nirvana together. I remember when I stubled upon their work in passing. This stuff was definitely not shoved down our throats in 1991 along with the organic Gangster rap movement at the time.

preach my brother

Attached: f.jpg (400x400, 27K)

Now thats some filler. Can we just agree that Kurt was another Junkie patsy (((they))) used to brainwash the youth into feeling despair and defeated? Nirvanas music has had no positive impact on the world and I am someone who spent my most impresionable years consuming thier bullshit.

you're a senile old man. nirvana were just dudes in a band, and whoever pulled the strings to make them popular and for what reasons will forever be a mystery, but they were just "serving the servants" really.
Nevermind was just Kurt and the industry wanting a pop album to be released and I'm sure they had their different reasons, but Nevermind is built to be this corporate thing so I don't really understand why you appreciate it more when they have more authentic albums.

Why does Sup Forums feel the need to inject their jewish conspiracies on everything?

i listen to nevermind a lot and it makes me feel pretty good. surfer rosa is better. most people deserve to be brainwashed

Nirvana is by far the worst grunge band ever conceived. Why do literal retards like yall like them so much?

>being this contrarian

Nirvana was great, despite how much normies latch on to it

riterally letarded

time to celebrate with a mt dew, boys #gamerfuel

>Having 100% the worst taste possible.
Listen to real grunge, posers.

Jewish men control the entertainment industry no conspiracy there at all. No onee disputes it they just choose to ignore it and pretend that it doesnt have some sort of effect on the products released.

heres me abandoning a premise because your gay

Attached: IMG_1397.png (640x1136, 115K)

do u know who this guy is?

Attached: 800px-Max_Martin.jpg (800x1068, 171K)

Soldiers in an army are just soldiers. I dont see how we are making different points. Kurt was a junkie. Junkies are easy to control. There is no mystery here as to why they proped up bad role models (ganster criminal black rappers image) (soyboy defeated whiteman) Us servants gravitate towards one side or the other both do not lead to any sort of revolution against the govt or jews or whoever you want to call the powers that be.

You're*
How can I be gay if I don't like Nirvana? I'd rather be gay than be a little poser faggot like you any day. Listen to real grunge, poser boy.

the most sucesful composer of this century.

right. swedish. doesn't look jewish to me.

Territorial Pissings, Stay Away, Lithium, maybe In Bloom

>*you're

he he

Who writes his checks? Jews arent actually good at creating they use the gifts and labour of others. Also I dont want to use the term Jew as its incorrect lets just say military industrial complex who masqurade as jews. Max Martin isnt writing music to protest war, so despite all his compositions I would say he is Mc Donalds fust a pacifier in the mouth he isnt really significant his sucess is not cultural its monetary.

does it suck to know that the average ashkenazi jew has a significantly higher iq than you

Wait, aren't ashkenazis mostly mixed with Europeans?
And don't Europeans have a higher spatial IQ than ashkenazis? Just trying to get the facts right here.

>tfw I have an IQ of 137, putting my in the top 2 percentile worldwide

I also have a 140 IQ when I take an online test

Is it so unimaginable that someone might better than you?

No because It is what it is. Someone needs to be the best. Statistics and a macro view of the world does nothing to serve me. I approach everyone as an individual and will never be able to meet enough people for sterotypes to be effective. Doesnt mean we cant talk about the macro. I find it fascinating and actually thank my masters for providing me a system to live withing and a language to use to communicate, how can I turn around and resent such gifts? I think its intersting there is a group of people who refer to this as the patriarchy and another as the jews. It doesnt matter what you call it and it needs to exist and I am happy to just be alive experiencing it all.

but i asked you that first

this.

doesn't surprise me a boot-licker such as yourself would also prefer Nevermind as the best Nirvana album.

>thinks popularity has an influence on quality

where do these people come from?

yes, which sort of muddles the whole "jews run everything" theory as well

You didn't, though.

also on that second part, no lol

"europeans" is incredibly broad and so by default would not as a group yield higher average iqs than the ashkenazis

look at nobel price winners by ethnicity

I dont prefer any of it. I have never woken up in recent memory and said today needs some corporate downer music to get my day started right. I stick to chopin and bach when I want to experience music. I am making the point that if you like garbage at least admit it. Nirvana is garbage and Nervind was the purest form oof that garbage.

woke city this nigga here

Nevermind has the best songs but the mixing is too radiofriendly. If you listen to the raw tapes the sound 100% better, and i'm not saying that because i'm a purist or anything. It's one of the reasons in utero is my favourite album of theirs

Do you think you're an authority on music because you listen to bach and chopin? Go and fuck yourself you poser

He isn't wrong. You both have shit taste though.

Nah also have a post graduate degree in music, but these things mean nothing. Its all the same picture we are looking at. Music is powerful information and is just used as a weapon. Church paying bach, illumuniati kicking out the killer low beats. However sophisticated or dumbed down you want to have the conversation, its always the same conversation. Its just silly to discuss people who sign contracts that limit thier speech, allow a new entity to own thier image etc... an essential willing slave, as if they are artists. Its bullshit dudes. Get high with your buddies and be your own bullshit art scene. No one is really that talented when you boil it all down. Bach is cool but what about the 10 000 other church composers whos music we never heard at the time. Its just there is so much information and as humans we can only retain so we get awestruck from info overload. Music is information. Information that was paid to reach you is usuallu corrupted.

No artist is free to do whatever they want because at the end of the day you're still going to be a slave to your audience. Unless you want to sit in your room for the rest of your life strumming away at your guitar gor the rest of your life you're going to have to compromise. Be it for the jews the people who listen to your music or whatever. Btw if you want to bring classical music into the equation those guys had virtually no freedom whatsoever to make music.
I love nirvana and i love listening to their music and there's little you can say against that because music is a very personal thing. Just like i can't critisize you for listening to a genre that hasn't bought anything relevant to the table for the past 100 years

>No artist is free to do whatever they want because at the end of the day you're still going to be a slave to your audience
Holy fuck is this retarded. There are independently signed artists. There are even artists that give absolutely zero fucks what their audience thinks, which ends up being apart of their appeal. there are even artists which don't have an audience. Typical commercial pop fag retard nigger. Zero education whatsoever.
Not the user you're replying to, but it should also be added that classical is still perfectly relevent today. You should just die, man.

In Utero = Nevermind > Unplugged > Bleach > Incesticide

I can never choose between in utero and nevermind. Overall the tunes are better on nevermind but in utero is more raw.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about incesticide, somewhat understandable. My least favourite by far (but still has a few bangers)

>t. Someone who hasn't worked a day in the music industry
the artist that have never compromised are the kind you've never heared of because they never made it out of the underground. Compromising isn't necessarily a bad thing it just means you understand what ypu audience wants to listen too
>classical music is still relevant today
it fucking isn't. The whole classical music world is full of snobs and elitists who have no interest in welcoming new artists (who ARE out there making music) because they're too busy jerking off to the "greats"

An artist not making it out of the underground doesn't suddenly make them not an artist anymore. And if I haven't heard of them, then how can I refer to them, autist? The "underground" isn't so shrouded with mystery that it's nonexistent. They still produce and sell music.
Classical music is used as an influence on a wide variety of genres, and contemporary classical music is still produced today. You're literally retarded and should 100% die right now.
t. a waste of life

It's like saying latin is still relevant. I studied latin in highschool, doesn't make it less of a dead language

>he unironically thinks classical music is still relevant
name one classical composer who's made an impact on modern day society you fedora tipping faggot

You might've gotten dubs, but this is just Nevermind part two..

Finally. A man with a brain.

>Nevermind. God Tier production thanks to Butch Vig but specifically Andy Wallaces mix of the album.

The production on Nevermind has aged really poorly. It has 1991 written all over it.
In Utero still sounds contemporary by comparison.

>This was Geffens album of the summer.

Nevermind came out in late September, you really have to stretch things out to call it a summer schedule release for the label.
And Geffen's ambitions for Nevermind's sales were fairly humble, best case scenario for the album that they had was for it to equal the success of Sonic Youth's Goo(which, at 250k sales over the span of about a year, was a major alternative rock success by pre-Nirvana/pre-Oasis standards).

>Relateable themes in the music not "Im rich and my angsty teen fans are people I cant relate to and here is a song about it"

There are no real themes on Nevermind, no real subject matter. Cobain has admitted as much himself. In Utero was the first album he made where the lyrics actually meant something.

>In Utero is a great album on its own but it isnt a leap forward artistically or in any tangible way.

I agree with this. The follow-up to In Utero would have almost certainly been mediocre and Nirvana would have almost certainly gone on to be perceived in the same terms in which the Smashing Pumpkins and Oasis went on to be perceived had Cobain not killed himself: a band everyone did their best to pretend broke up at some point in the mid or late 90s.
Cobain was a spent force.

....no.

>There are no real themes on Nevermind, no real subject matter.
>In Utero was the first album he made where the lyrics actually meant something.
I'm getting really sick of hearing this. Go listen to the album again/read the lyrics.

They do mean something. Most of them are pieces of poetry mishmashed together. So while as a whole they can seem a little disjointed each part does have a meaning, and on a lot of songs there's a pretty damn clear meaning throughout.
He also seemingly writes from his subconscious so a lot of it is in metaphor/ he probably doesn't even know what the fuck he's saying.
>Somewhere I have heard this before
>In a dream my memory has stored
>As defense I'm neutered and spayed
>What the hell am I trying to say?
Another theory I have is that he may have used "lol idk" as an excuse to hide the fact that he was admitting some pretty dark shit about himself.

If you can't find meaning in his lyrics then you can't into metaphor and you should just stop consuming art altogether.