Post films people pretend to like

Post films people pretend to like

Pic related. Half the people who praise this haven't seen it.

Inland Empire
Mulholland Drive
Tree of Life
Lawrence of Arabia

>he actually think some people like movies
AHAHAHAH

I watched it the other day

pretty fucking good

Casablanca
Singing in the Rain

Yeah I watched it recently because people compared him to trump but desu I didn't see any connection. Kane inherited a large fortune while trump started working for the company when it was medium size. If anyone can be compared to kane it would be FDR

Apart from that the movie was pretty good. I was surprised how modern the camera work was with the dolly shots and stuff.

I have never seen this movie. Is it really worth the hype? I ask because it is really annoying hearing people say "It is the Citizen Kane of _____"

Are these bait posts? I definitely enjoyed Citizen Kane. Tree of Life and Inland Empire are some of my favorite films. Just because they don't work for you for whatever reason doesn't mean nobody can like them

>inherits 40 million in a time when people didn't have extreme wealth because capitalism was still in the early days
>"medium size" company

>capitalism was still in the early days
Stay in school.

Did you see the house trump grew up in queens? My house is worth more. Trump was upper middle class and because rich in his twenties. Kane was rich af by age 9

I'm sorry that you live in a shack by the road.

Yes. I don't know if it should be called the greatest film of all time or not, but there's really nothing wrong with it. Welles' visuals weren't just "groundbreaking for the time" but stand as original and impressive even today. Kane is enigmatic and Welles is captivating, the story is interesting and told in a more innovative way, it's hardly boring. Perhaps it's clout comes from its influence, but that doesn't mean it doesn't entirely hold up today

No, it's literally only known for its innovative camera angles. There's nothing special and memorable about the story at all. It's seriously only good for a couple of "omg, how did they do this in 1941" moments. That's it.

Kane didn't gave a fuck about money

>capitalism was still in its early days

fucking lmao

>There's nothing special and memorable about the story at all

There's a line near the end when Kane is in the car with his wife or something and she says "you never give me anything I really care about". That summed up my feelings about the story perfectly.

I've seen it several times and think it's among the greatest films made. AMA, faggot.
The Tree of Life is 10/10

Can you explain it to me, I didn't get it

Mad Love is better.

Watched Mulholland Drive. Didn't understand it at all. Thought it was artsy faggot trash.

Watched Lawrence of Arabia with Dad at the tender age of 8. I remember watching him going back for the sand nigger and thinking all the while, what the hell is wrong with this white man.
I still rate 9/10 kino.

>didn't understand Mulholland Drive
Really? I was afraid of it's reputation going into, but it turned out to be incredibly easy to decipher. It's totally spelled out. Lost Highway is much harder to piece together and Inland Empire hardly gives you the pieces in the first place. I wouldn't call any of Lynch's work artsy fartsy though, consider rewatching some of his stuff

>who praise this haven't seen it.
why would anyone do that

>Lawrence of Arabia

I'll fucking cut you, cunt

Turin horse

Lawrence is one of those movies where you wonder if they've ever heard about editing. It had no reason to be four hours.

what did you like it about?

tarkovsky
godart
fellini

Lean was busy hearing your mother suck him

Character evolution, he starts as a young idealistic dude, faces reality, which shatters his dreams and his soul. Also dialogues, music, scenery and the fact it's so good damn long but it doesn't feel like it. I've watched it a dozen of times and time flies with it

The fact part of it was shoot around my town may influence my opinion, I admit it

Any of Bela Tarr's movies

>I didn't understand it so everyone else must be pretending

>pretend to like
The only people who dislike this movie are retarded teenagers who don't like it because it's black and white. Kane is one of the most compelling films of all time, not just because of how revolutionary it was for the time, but because it has a resounding message that can be applied in any instance, from when it was first released to a thousand years from now.

Citizen Kane isn't the best film of all time because of the Story.
Citizen Kane is the best film of all time for 5 reasons. I am not going to do your homework for you. Look it up or take a Cinema Appreciation class at your community college.