Explain to me the emo scene, Sup Forums. Those kids with the dorky haircuts everyone made fun of during high school...

Explain to me the emo scene, Sup Forums. Those kids with the dorky haircuts everyone made fun of during high school, they weren't listening to math rock, were they?

Attached: eed414ba7c9671e45a53aad6b42eecda--leda-muir-emo-scene-hair.jpg (640x640, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KiBI6lHshzc
youtube.com/watch?v=poZLiypLJzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RvnkAtWcKYg
youtube.com/watch?v=FZVYOriINwc
youtube.com/watch?v=rgWr2nln83s
youtube.com/watch?v=USriZAMR2nA
youtube.com/watch?v=CDgbYF48UPw
youtube.com/watch?v=qSeiG6qMhaI
youtube.com/watch?v=OG-RNq7oRUM
youtube.com/watch?v=6Ux6SlOE9Qk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, they were listening to emo

of course not
they were listening to mcr and panic at the disco or some shit

Is that Leda Bunnie? LOL shes not even scene anymore

Nobody is scene anymore. All pics of scene kids are relics

Those kids were listening to pop punk/pop emo like My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy at best. But often they were not. Emo was a style of clothing and a absurd haircut in the 2000s

The colourful emos listened to pop punk, pop, edm, hip hop, j-pop and other styles of music. The weird indieheads listened to emo in all its incarnations

It was mainly shit like The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Underoath, Bring Me The Horizon, Chelsea Grin, I Set My Friends On Fire, and whatever else was trendy.

>This Big Black shit is a banger

Attached: mathrock.jpg (640x640, 199K)

>they weren't listening to math rock, were they?
Given that the majority of people who fell for "the emo scene" were teenage girls, no, they weren't listening to math rock.

This is the correct answer
>tfw 2007 will never happen again
>be a decent looking scene kid in a shitty deathcore band
>like 5000 friends on myspace
>hot scene girl sluts were always dtf
It was a special time, pretty cringey to think about now but it was so fun to be a part of that shit

Would ejaculate lovingly on face.

The ones I knew listened to Avenged Sevenfold, Pierce the Veil, Escape the Fate, and token dadrock

WHO

Pop punk, then posthardcore, then metalcore, and finally deathcore.
I know because I used to unabashedly fuck emo twinks and scene sluts.

These girls always had such shitty taste but did and still do give me massive boners.

How did "emo" come to mean shit like MCR, when it sounds completely different from real emo bands like American Football, Cap'n Jazz, Promise Ring etc?

Attached: 201-770x462.jpg (770x462, 62K)

Hawthorne heights

Times change

Sure but how did it happen that in a span of just a couple of years, the meaning of a genre completely changed?

Hawthorne heights

Hawthorne heights is good

They're funny but not good. But regardless that's how it changed. They brought emo/screamo into a pop form mixed with alt rock into middle schools, and people who were into mcr and shit was just the next step of people and music

No, they were listening to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=KiBI6lHshzc
youtube.com/watch?v=poZLiypLJzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RvnkAtWcKYg
youtube.com/watch?v=FZVYOriINwc
youtube.com/watch?v=rgWr2nln83s
youtube.com/watch?v=USriZAMR2nA
youtube.com/watch?v=CDgbYF48UPw
youtube.com/watch?v=qSeiG6qMhaI
youtube.com/watch?v=OG-RNq7oRUM

And to think after this last warped tour this year, this whole scene will probably officially be dead. I'm kinda sad honestly, it's like the end of an era for me because I had a crush on scene girls back in the day and i'd much rather take this scenecore stuff than the trash that's popular with middle and high schoolers now.

Attached: scene.jpg (513x437, 57K)

They also had math rock in some of their songs

I've heard underground emo and mainstream and they're actually not halfbad add compared to mcr/fob

Half bad compared to*

Why do you care what middle and high schoolers listen to?

Misappropriation

because they decide what's popular, which is why Lil Pump is a thing.

Why do you care what's popular?

Not him but it effects society as a whole

it's really honestly such a massive fucking shame that emo/scene culture is so dead now and what's left of it is a shadow of its former self

most of the time you just see girls with some red or blonde splashed into their shitty short dirty messy looking hair and wearing some generic metalcore band shirt while listening to twenty one pilots as a shitty excuse for "scene," and you hardly ever see any guys attempting the fashion at all

where have the effortfully, brightly-dyed and beautifully perfectly styled long hair, bold and oft-colorful fashion, and wonderfully gratuitous eyeliner gone? people like this seem to be one in a million these days, and most of them are just instagram models trying to attract attention rather than everyday girls and boys, genuinely embracing the fashion. it's quite sad

i wish i was back in the mid-late 2000s, just for this.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ux6SlOE9Qk

Attached: Emo_girl.jpg (600x900, 97K)

But then you remember that dudes looked like this then

Attached: fag.jpg (450x600, 32K)

Oh fuck off, these hairstyles always look like complete shit, gratuitous shitty eye-liner my ass, I'll take the messy look of now over that vapid cunt garbage that is scene, give me fucking break

You're a garbage man

>messy look of now

You mean the rap beaded hair fuccboi look? Like lil peep?

I'm not talking about dudes you fucking faggot, I'm talking about chicks obviously, man you're gayer than I thought

If you don't think emo chicks are hot you're the faggot. Enjoy the wigger chicks ass hole

like this?

these chicks look like trash

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Disgusting

Right, just to clarify if you weren't sure I was talking about the art ho look.

>art ho
That's even worse.

Art ho is an inferior version of emo/goth/punk

It's like they ate those genres and vomited it up

Emo girls were made for breeding desu
>tfw missed out on all that because I was too young
Now all I have to look forward to is ugly ratchet thots shaking their ass to trap

This.

Basically alternative rock to summerize

Thursday bridged the gap between 2nd wave and 3rd wave imo, and then Taking Back Sunday drove the nail in in 2002.

>emo scene happened in 2006-2007
>asking alexandria, chelsea grin
what an expert here

Also
>emokids listen to deathcore
LMAO. Nice memes.

Attached: 4.jpg (626x900, 70K)

Are you saying scene girls didn't listen to that music?

but his double dubs will never change

Her sword tattoo is actually really cool

Surely some exist stil...I mean there are still hippies and punks, I’m sure scene culture persists in some malls

>real emo bands like American Football, Cap'n Jazz, Promise Ring
that shit is just as far removed from the hot topic emo as those bands are from early emo like rites of sping or moss icon. anything thats called "emo" whether you like it or not

ppl who liked moss icon would probably think american football was watered down, poppy commercial shit for mallrat high schoolers jkust like youi think mcr is desu..

Good. The only good thing to come out of that area of subcultures is the aesthetic used by punk goths.
Emos have shitty music, goths have no taste and punks are doomed to overdose on fentanyl cut into their cocaine before they're 25.
The art thot takes all positive aspects of each of these subcultures and combines them into something greater than the sum of its parts.

Attached: ew.png (408x483, 375K)

>Delusion: The Post

Yeah but they're probably 25-30.

Also they probably still listen to fucking Chiodos, Devil Wears Prada, Hawthorne Heights, etc.

The scene train left long ago.

Not an argument.

Emo music isn't that bad, goths are intelligent and make good music and punk is high energy and can't be replaced

Art hoes don't turn me on sorry, they look dumb

Attached: image.jpg (680x510, 34K)

It was surreal, I had a roommate in college in like 2016 who listened to all this like metalcore from 5-10 years prior. He was also a redneck. It was like how do you exist

Not everyone can find fresh music, user.

I dunno man. Every state has it's own time for music.

Especially in places like the rural parts of the country. It seems like they get stuff a couple years later.

When you say Emo do you mean music like orchid or music like me alcohol e/scenecore?

This is very true, especially before fast Internet, which a shitload of communities in the US STILL do not have.

Fuck I meant metalcore not alcohol fucking autocorrect

This emo

Attached: tumblr_lpqekrWMCt1qh3e7yo1_400.gif (360x240, 387K)

I could write an essay on upstate New York redneck culture...it’s so bizarre.

That's the bad emo...

Every single band I listed had demo CDs and demo songs on MySpace in 2006. I was fucking there. You're wrong.

If you’re not actively hitting each other it’s not real moshing, what is this gayness. I’m glad I’ve only seen this in memes

I listen to them all, orchid, Hawthorne heights, promise ring, Alesana, pg 99, tbs, rites of spring

It's hardcore dancing

This is pretty true. My gf admits to being really bad at finding music, that’s why she just uses Spotify. I’m really baffled by people who like don’t know how to use the internet

not bad

Emo music is fucking awful. It is quite honestly one of the very few genres that I cannot stand, and I listen to everything from bluegrass to classical to cult chants/decrees to ambient techno to harsh noise wall. It's shitty watered down punk rock with shallow lyrics that in 95% of all instances is about some fucking ex.

Goths are well read and their music is dope, but it doesn't excuse the fact that they have literally zero taste. There are very few cases where a goth doesn't look like trash, and not in a good sense of the word like punks. Especially bad were the goth ravers, as if regular ravers (excluding gabbers) weren't bad enough. Eeeeuuuuugh.

And oh punks. I love punks, I really do. They are actually cool people - unlike the other two - and they rival Dutch gabbers with their high energy subculture and party skills. Unfortunately, there is zero future with punks. You cannot settle down with a punk chick.

Also if you don't think art thots are hot, I question if you thought any of the above subcultures were hot. Alice Glass perfectly captures the proto art thot and I am afraid I will have to question your sexuality if you say you wouldn't smash.

Attached: alice woah.png (617x613, 473K)

It traces its lineage to the pit but yeah I guess it really is just dancing gayly

>implying there weren't scene/emo kids in 2004
>implying 2007 was a hard cut-off year
>implying there weren't people still hanging on until 2010-ish
How fucking young are you? There's no way you're 18 if you don't remember this.

Those aren't real emo bands. They are called emo because they are heavily inspired by emocore bands, even though they make entirely different rock music

It officially died in 2010, thereabouts. Stragglers persisted until 2012 at the very goddamn latest, yeah...

Exactly. I graduated in 2003 and scene girls were all over the internet for a few years before then. I remember being on MadRadHair before MySpace was around.

Yo don't knock Spotify. Their Weekly Discovery playlists have been pretty good for me.

>I listen to everything from bluegrass to classical to cult chants/decrees to ambient techno to harsh noise wall

Attached: IyLXiYJ.jpg (600x547, 36K)

This guy gets it. That shit spanned an entire decade. To say it was just 2006-2007 is retarded and proves that you weren't there.

every single one of your opinions are bad

Attached: 1497408040899.jpg (566x418, 38K)

take your low test rock and fuck off femboy

Attached: 1518202679225.jpg (453x439, 85K)

No for the first half of the 2000s you had pop punk and a whole bunch of other stuff like wiggers and nu metal

I remember flame shirts and shorts, I wanted them when I was 12

Attached: EoygBjZ.png (990x593, 675K)

I’m not “knocking it” I’m just saying it’s for people who want to passively let new music be delicately tossed to them versus people who want to activekybfind it themselves on rym and shit

Marketed to hell and back. Now you have a bunch of BPD-ridden faggots listening to Soundcloud rappers.

This is what started the horrible shit you have now. The slope is or was indeed slippery.

>Early 2000's
>Emo

>Couple years later
>Scene (More obnoxious version of Emo with an inflated ego)

>Metalcore

>Dubstep skater

>Hipster shit

>Antifa crust or Soundcloud rappers today

All packaged in a bunch of SJW nonsense and Borderline Personality Disorders

That's an entirely different thing though.

>all these niggas pining for the days of emo scene shit
Come on fellas

Dude, you're wrong. You weren't there. I was. From First To Last, Taking Back Sunday, Underoath, The Devil Wears Prada, A Day To Remember, and a fuckton of other bands had demos, EPs, singles, and a few even had studio albums in or before 2005.

>there can only be one thing happening in pop culture at a time
Ah, right

Right? They forget that we've aged at most 10 years already. Scene girls won't look cute anymore.

Who here is pining for it?

My older sister was really into the emo scene as a teenager during the 2000’s. Of course, being a dumb kid, I had no understanding of emo and just assumed that “emo” meant mean teenagers with dumb hair that spend too much time on MySpace.

Scene girls looked like shit then, but the "indie" girls were top tier in 2003

Okay you're probably right, I wasn't into music that much back then, I had a few cds and they were pop punk, I always felt that emo came after. Especially after seeing American Pie and movies like that.

The reason is because it was an easy time to bullshit your way into an emo girl's panties. Just not be fat, style your hair, and then nod your head when they mentioned music. That's it. Nothing else. Today, you need to have a bunch of drugs, be lefty as fuck being borderline cuckold and daddy-dom and be acceptable to polynamory. Also, in regards to music, throw a bunch of hipster garbage on top. Also, hair dye a pastel color which may damage your hair 10x as much as scene hair did.

Alright lads, who here straightened their hair?

Did it once and it looked embarrassing.

See

I can top that lmao
I did that peacock shit. Straightened my hair in the front and spiked the back.

At least I was. I didn't discover actual emo music until college. I'm keeping the haircut though. This shit is fly.

Yeah, the shotgun blast was sick