>tfw never got prime peter Jackson halo trilogy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QRAT-nzO-G4
youtube.com/watch?v=w5Dc2At5_AE
youtube.com/watch?v=9z36WDj2PcU
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was the cost of transitioning into the Bladerunner 2 timeline

We don't need a Bladerunner 2. Halo movie could've been something really special.

>halo
>special

you mean those shitty games that are literally just an amalgamation of genuinely good science fiction properties? yeah sure buddy

A Halo movie now would be pretty shitty anyway, it'd just be more 343 fanfiction.

Oh ok. Have fun with your Bladerunner sequel I guess.

the games are pretty much cinematic experiences anyway

>ywn see Eric Nylund's trilogy be adapted for live action

halo is fucking stupid and derivative you dudebro

Would Microsoft have creative input? At least that would guarantee Cortana is Jennifer Taylor instead of some Brit or Jew.

at least you got 10/10 CGI kino

youtube.com/watch?v=QRAT-nzO-G4

>dudebro
Howdy Mickey Mouse! How are ya doing? Hello!

>genuinely good science fiction properties
I call bullshit.

Bloodborne movie/tv show when?

>dude Elite Majors are just as fast and strong as fully-roided and suited SIIs lmao
no

Kill yourself.

wew laddie

You will get a Jar Jar Half Life trilogy. Turn that frown upside down, we'll finally get an ending to the series.

Hollywood fucked up so bad not cashing in on the Halo craze. Its probably the most in-demand film adaptation that never got made.

Its too late now, the popularity has been dwindling since everyone finished Halo 3.

The problem was that the movie wouldn't have focused on the Chief but on ODSTs and the Navy and the civvies and shit.
People play Halo because they want to be the Chief. Casting, having him act, and pleasing the fan base would be hard to do.

ODST ad was Ludo TV kino
youtube.com/watch?v=w5Dc2At5_AE

>People play Halo because they want to be the Chief.
He was a nonexistent character in the first game. Hell, he had basically no character development in the second game either. People play Halo because the combat is fun.

No but we did get fucking kino trailers
youtube.com/watch?v=9z36WDj2PcU
youtube.com/watch?v=wjamhIPVvnI

IM ACTING

Looking at what he did to the hobbit it was probably a good thing

As far as I know, those were real Hungarian special forces. They weren't acting.

what would have improved the plot if halo 4+ were removed?

you start from master chief still being in cryo in the pillar after the end of the 3rd game

>Implying they won't make a reboot film 30 years from now and shortly after an alien war, showing that diversity is great and it was actually the humans that were evil all the time

Wasn't Jorge speaking Hungarian in Reach? What's the connection between Hungary and Bungie?

it's a let down yes

instead we get shitty assassin creed and from what I've heard a mediocre hitman reboot

my only regret is I'll never see halo in theaters

feelsbatman

don't involve the Chief at all
>squad of combined forces of SIIIs/SIVs, Elites, Grunts, Hunters
>job is to squash any remaining Covenant Loyalist forces (including the Storm)
>as well as to undermine ONI's attempts to hijack the UNSC
>visit tons of alien planets including a lot of Covie homeworlds as you roam the galaxy fighting the good fight and basically being Halo-Spectres
>maybe see a rescue of Chief's pod in the post credits scene or something

Regret? You had nothing to do with it.

far better actor than you

You must work at 343 because that's terrible.

I didn't care for the Halo games but I would have been interested to see a few movies based those short films.

It was going to be Blomkamp, not Jackson.

Regret Regret Regret

They just have characters from different nations to represent the UNSC as an international organization.

no, what's terrible is bringing back the Forerunners and having them provoke the AI revolution

can't tell if retarded or trolling

>Black screen for like 30 seconds, just long enough to make people antsy. Sounds of slipspace then dropping into normal space
>cut to human destroyer Iroquois
>sirens inside, wailing and shit
>young captain keyes on the bridge
>no ai
>"sir we have 3 ccs cruisers and flagship just exit slipspace on the other side of the planet. Holes in the armor B deck, C Deck, E Deck."
>"how long till they're on us"
>"40 seconds sir"
>"drop a shiva, arm it"
>tiny beeping nuke drops out the cargo hold
>"sir shivas dont touch covenant flagships, the shields sir."
>"It's enough for the cruisers. Put us in orbit around the planet. Engineering put the engines up as high as we can."
>ship groans forward accelerating
>covenant hot on their tail, cruisers following
>"is the MAC online?"
>"yes sir"
>"charge it"
>Iroquois guns it around the planet, plasma missiles howling and wailing trailing after them
>Comes out of orbit at like a million miles an hour, charges right at covenant flagship
>RAMS the fucking cruiser, scrapes the entire bottom off the ship. Sirens go nuts.
>"max power"
>Iroquois guns it away
>Shields flicker on then off on the covenant flagship
>Shiva goes off GSSHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA
>Flagship cracks in half, grunts spill out into open space, flailing around
>"turn us around, open fire on those cruisers"
>Iroqouis does a thruster flipturn, max thrust, MAC cannon starts thumping
>WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM WHAM
>cruisers getting fucking raped by near-lightspeed MAC rounds
>blows a hole right through the bridge of one, gas hisses out in a cloud
>Iriqouis roars past the carnage
>"Take us to Reach"
>Titles
>No goofy font
>Halo

mediocre is a massive understatement

it's probably the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. it makes the original hitman movie look like pure kino.

>why did the UNSC not put doors on any of their cars?

>He never get to experience Halo during its prime
>He never get to have lots of fun with Halo 2

what is the best vidya movie ever made?

you sure?
you would be surprised to see people bitching about 343 trying to make him a side character and make Locke take his place
which would be a good decision since the rest of your phrase is accurate (he's a real bland characters), but fanboys really dug into the
>muh savior of earth
meme

really, Halo's background is so nice (maybe not entirely original but it did a good job of bringing together many quality space opera tropes) it could even become some sort of more 'realistic' Warhammer 40,000 in the sense that no race is truly the protagonist, so we could see endless space carnage without mary sues in it (SPARTANs as actual military hardware not plot devices) and intricate SPESS politics of the UEG, the Covenant and even the forerunners

sadly that will never leave the EU since Halo has devolved into EVERYONE IS CONSPIRING AGAINST TEH CHIEF

yes I have autism for halo

You think that's bad?
I recently found this:

>While working with Ian Watson on the story for A.I.: Artificial Intelligence (2001), Kubrick asked Watson for a pre-print copy of his Warhammer 40,000 tie-in novel Inquisitor. Watson quotes Kubrick as saying, "Who knows, Ian? Maybe this is my next movie?".

Life is suffering.

why must sci-fi be only good in literature (since in vidyia it is generally dumbed down) and not in movies

truly life is suffering

honestly is this bait? I cant even tell anymore. how old are you?

A 40K movie would probably be dumb, though.

>people who played halo 2 at prime years are AT LEAST 24 years old now
halo 3 came out in 2007 senpai

>Whole cast is exclusively dudes
>Child abuse
>Racism
>War crimes
>Genocide
>Human sacrifice
>Ultra-fascism

Hmmm what can go wrong?

There's simply too much exposition needed to understand the material to fit into the film. You'd need to make like 10 movies over the rise of the God Emperor and the Horus Heresy before trying to make any movies in the 40K universe.

Avatar had almost all of that though

Seriously the space racists were the only good things about that movie. Truly Warhammer-tier

Maybe they could meme their way into the movies with the Spess mereen appeal and put subtle references which fanboys would sure as hell catch? Like, they could start something along the lines of Star Wars 'it is the 40th millenium and amidst strife the emperor of man has guided humanity towards greatness but betrayed by his son so now in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war yadda yadda yadda' and proceed to the plot?

Mortal Kombat

it's not war crimes if they're xenos or heretics

Forward Unto Dawn was actually pretty okay.

Way too short and would of liked to see more, especially of Chief and Blue Team.

Anyone watch Nightfall? Jesus Christ what an abomination.
>Nightfall was supposed to show us how awesome Locke was
>Locke was an inept retard and got his entire squad killed and was bailed out by a retired Spartan-II

I liked the animation about the kids becoming Spartans.

Origins > Odd One Out > The Babysitter > The Package > Homecoming > Prototype >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Duel

F-fund it!

You could say the same thing about Dune or LotR, I think. It's a matter of good writing and filmmaking.

Little racist calling the monkeys Brutes don't you think

Microsoft fucked up by wanting too much control.

Retards should realize Frankie and 343 don't know the first thing about storytelling.

resident evil

That's what my RDC looked like when some guy flagged nearly half the range at recruit training command.

Yes, that is proper acting.

>the Arbiter will never be relevant again
it hurts

They have to make it some day. Just a trilogy of the first three would be perfect and probably hard to fuck up.

343 forgot about Half-jaw.

In english, autist.

How gen pop will see it:
>It's not a war crime if it's niggers

>and probably hard to fuck up
ha ha ha ha ha
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

so we all know that in most IG regiments your average guardsmen only survives a few minutes in battle before dying, but what are the survival rates among elite regiments like the Catachans, etc?

>In english, autist.

The only reason halo was fun was because of couch co-op. I had xbox live and I played halo online like 3 times.

If they made a movie you'd just wish your childhood fantasies would have remained a pleasant memory rather than a painful reminder.

kek LotR is basically a book of filler. there's a reason the movies dropped about 500 pages of shit.

Don't get me wrong, its a masterfully crafted world and the ACTUAL story itself is decent, but tolkien has the prose writing skills of a 3rd grader

>not enjoying any Lynda Halo books

Regardless of his shenanigans with Elites you can fuck right off. Those books are great

You ever read his rendition of Beowulf? Idk how well-translated it was on an academic standard but his prose seemed fine then

a halo movie would be just like any action/fantasy movie. I feel like I should enjoy it, but as always its made to appeal to children and man children.

I don't need ebin violence so real xD but I also don't need Mr. Plot exposition man, boring characters and incredibly boring action scenes (which seem to be the current hollywood standard)

I was memeing a bit. I think with LotR he got caught up creating a world and his prose suffered because of it, I don't think he actually is a bad writer.

There's just some really bland boring parts of those books, and a ton of shit about the world and not the story.

He mentioned halo 2, which came out 13 years ago.

SHUT UP
AND TAKE
MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Objectively true

Ghosts of Onyx would make an amazing movie if handled correctly.

Imagine Kurt's final moments, if done just right

Though they'd probably go "wait, we can't do a Halo movie without Chief" and fuck it up somehow

>ODST movie never
>ODST 2 never
>Saxaphone in a Halo OST again never

>amalgamation of genuinely good science fiction properties?
like what?

Aliens

Navy speak
>mfw a dumbass recruit aimed a loaded weapon toward other recruits and instructors.

All these people are hating on halo like its "plebes" shot and are probably gonna ironicly go pay to see a very bad sequel, the original only being good because it was based on a written mastetpiece itself.

Ring is from Ringworld. The flood is Alien/Aliens. Spartans are Starship Troopers(book form) knock off. Also, the marines(especially in Halo 1) might as well be straight from Aliens. Sgt Johnson in particular is basically just Apone

needs a bit more sepia

>The only reason halo was fun was because of couch co-op. I had xbox live and I played halo online like 3 times.
What the fuck