Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HSg3tBzAVFk
youtube.com/watch?v=UlunjmpaRVU
youtube.com/watch?v=CWnYIb2lqpo
strawpoll.me/12157772
youtube.com/watch?v=arHv0Iu4vSA
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As someone who watched very few movies of 2016 I can safely say this movie had some pretty fantastic scenes. The ending and the part (don't really need to spoiler this but whatever) when she exits the bathroom and everything is in slow mo, speeding up slowly. Scene was GOAT.

Albeit, most fun I've had was with Nice Guys.

You just posted it.

not that

Hidden Figures

You just posted the the most dishonest film of 2016

Pic related is /our film/

I still haven't seen Manchester but some of the best i seen this year

>Toni erdmann
>Elle
>American honey
>The handmaiden
>Nocturnal animals
>La la land

Step aside, thee greatest character of the year coming through

Arrival

I've yet to watch most of the supposed good movies this year (La La Land, American Honey, Nocturnal Animals, Manchester, etc), but the best movies were The Handmaiden, The Witch and The Neon Demon.

Out of those, I'd say the better one is The Witch. The Handmaiden is my favorite, however.

based

>not Tetsuo Bullet Man dude...

RIP my crucified nigga

I thought the movie was okay. I'm a huge fucking faggot who loves musicals and this movie was confused as fuck as to what it wanted to be. It's split between wanting to be a 50's style grand musical or a 30's style tapdance film. The first 40 minutes are great with the huge musical set pieces, but the second half has almost no actual singing. The second half is just a people tap dancing to music. If they stuck with one style it would be total kino.

They should've had a happy ending with a huge musical number (with people actually singing). The scene when she walks out and it's all slo-mo and shit is also neato

Nah he was fucking annoying

>The Witch
literally an overrated meme-movie

This far I've liked La La Land, Elle and The Nice Guys in that order. I yet have to watch MbtS and Moonlight, though La La Land was such a great experience that I doubt any other film could come close to it.

Elaborate on why it is overrated or a "meme-movie".

ayy fellow musicalfagbro

next musicals thread fucking when??? les mis/hamilton threads were the most comfy threads EVER

It means "i don't like it". Glad i could clear that up

Greasy Strangler is only good 2016 film

youtube.com/watch?v=HSg3tBzAVFk
im sad

Arrival

What is so good about it?

Captain America: Civil War
Zootopia
Doctor Strange
The Jungle Book
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Finding Dory
Moana
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Pete's Dragon
The BFG
The Finest Hours

youtube.com/watch?v=UlunjmpaRVU

is this the greatest original song in a decade?

720/1080p when??????

Hacksaw Ridge

Do you think Everybody Wants Some!! is better than Dazed and Confused? I thoroughly enjoyed EWS, but I felt that the ending was lackluster - I was left wanting more once it was over.

Looking back to DaC, I couldn't help but feel it was ultimately the better movie.

I'm taking you as a Linklater fan, forgive me if the question is presumptuous.

Autumn 2017, not even joking.

No this is the best one

youtube.com/watch?v=CWnYIb2lqpo

Why? What does it matter if they want to use multiple styles?

Why couldn't she have stayed with Gosling's character?

Filming only lasts around 3-4 months. He flies all over the world with John Legend and still goes back to LA to surprise her, but he's unwilling to go to Paris to visit her for a few hours?

Doesn't make any sense.

strawpoll.me/12157772
Poll
>Poll
Poll
>Poll
Poll
>Poll
strawpoll.me/12157772

>vote in the poll and let's settle this properly

I'm pretty meh on that one. They... didn't hire people who could sing? The chorus parts are really sketchy. Solos are fine.

Edit: Thanks for the gold, kind stranger!

I like it because it's been so fucking long since I've heard something like this in film.

Would you mind telling me what rip is that?

>No elle
>No Toni erdmann
>No Right Now, Wrong Then
>BvS
better start over mate

La.La.Land.2016.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8

Thank you.

... was a mistake.

Best film of 2016 is:

Cloverfield Lane 10

Demoltion close second.

I unironically love this entire movie

youtube.com/watch?v=arHv0Iu4vSA

all shit
Batman v Superman was one of the greatest films of all time

>No Right Now, Wrong Then
released in 2015

Not that guy, but it's hard to choose. Both films are so good.
Nothing really happens, but they keep you hooked for the whole thing. They are like little snapshots of peoples lives, and EWS seems to capture that feel more, ending on the first day of school which is where a lot of films would probably start. So yeah, it kind of does leave you wanting more.

I think if I had to choose, then perhaps Dazed and Confused is better. Mostly because I prefer the way it's set over one day/night of just following these groups of people around.

strawpoll.me/12157772

Guys, La La Land's winning!
Vote to show these memers that it's overrated!
>strawpoll.me/12157772

Swiss Army Man

Enchanted sequel when?

I think they realised if they followed their paths they would drift further and further apart, and it would be unfair on both of them.

Sometimes you realise it's better to just end it rather than prolonging the inevitable.

I think I liked the characters in EWS more than the ones in DaC, overall. The dynamic between all the team members was interesting.

Linklater is a truly gifted filmmaker. The only movie of his I dislike is Boyhood.

who's the pleb that voted moonlight?
come on, show yourself!

>The only movie of his I dislike is Boyhood.
Why? Did you fall for the meme?

No, not really. I just couldn't bring myself to connect to any of the characters, and as an editor I felt many scenes of the movie could have been cut.

I'm not saying the movie is bad, it is certainly well made as most of his other films. I just happen to think it's his worst film.

I'll admit I need to rewatch it, however.

My favorite is either Before Sunrise or Slacker.

who the FUCK are all these La La Land voters?
fucking silent-ass lurkers that's who
too pussy to defend their shit-taste

>Embed]
you sure you're in the right place, my man?

>who the FUCK are all these La La Land voters?

reddit tourists

>Embed]
what did you mean by this, my dude?

i like La la land, wanna fight?

I think that's what makes it hard to choose between them. I also liked the EWS characters more. The whole team dynamic was very comfy.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is SubUrbia, which I think fits in with the EWS and DaC format, with it taking place over one day (a couple of days in EWS, but still). It's not comfy though, and it kind of ends leaving you feeling a little empty.

Boyhood is one of his films I haven't seen yet, I'm slowly working my way through his filmography.

When is the bathroom scene, I don't remember

Top 5

>Hacksaw Ridge
>La La Land
>Moonlight
>The Nice Guys
>Hunt For The Wilderpeople

I have yet to see Nocturnal Animals and Manchester by the Sea though. For my favorite blockbuster/capeshit/popcorn movie, I'll go with Doctor Strange.

I didn't watch many but these were my 3 favorites:

Midnight Special
Arrival
Warcraft

Pretty early on, when the gals are at the party.

she's at the party and being set up with dull guys so she goes to the bathroom to escape and comes out singing the sad song while everything is slow mo.

I've been saying this forever
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbue2Pi2tNY

it has a dumbass 5 year time skip, but gosling also had been doing the touring with John Legend for like a year, plus she already got the part for whatever big movie. their careers totally overlap and even if they didn't, they couldn't try to do a LDR for a few years when they have a guaranteed happy ever after scenario? Fucking stupid.

"wah I'm compromising my dreams to make money cuz you want me to" - breaks up, proceeds to keep touring with john legend til he can buy the bar wtf

>shit
>shit
>shit

your post status:
shit

because she didn't fall in love with him to settle for a "guaranteed happy ever after scenario."

They both had dreams that were bigger. The bar (and "saving jazz") was the whole point, not the lavish touring career with a band he didn't believe in.

it's pretty obvious that was going to be the arc, even before the argument happened.

Silence

Anyone have a good rip with subtitles? Been meaning to show my parents this since I loved it, and they need subtitles for the most part to follow along

why

Because i don't like those movies, except for Arrival, which is ok. Midnight special was extremely underwhelming and bland. Warcraft was hot garbage

yes that's why it's a dumb movie. it's predictable on top of being forced

Hacksaw Ridge...by far. Runner up would be Sully.

manchester by the sea 8/10

Moonlight, Silence, The Witch, The Neon Demon, Green Room and Everybody Wants Some were all better i m o

Not even joking.

It sure as shit isn't La La Land.

So you're legit retarded? yikes

duh

Sorry, I watch movies for entertainment and not to see rich white people dance for two hours.

Crap Dialogue
Crap songs
Tap Dancing makes me wanna barf
Unlikable hyper-consumer capitalist characters

It's jewish crap made by nepotistic jews with no sense of artistic creation.

So you're legit retarded? yikes

i sincerely believe la la land is one of the best films of the century and also aknoledge that my opinion means absolutely nothing

also liked shin gojira

then what is?

>one of the best films of the century
who has the biggest plebs, Sup Forums or reddit?

No, I just have something called taste.

Yeah, you also seem to have coprophilia

yes

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, in theaters now

hell or high water

7 honorable mentions not in order:
manchester by the sea
moonlight
green room
toni erdmann
into the inferno
nice guys
everybody wants some

I am not even joking. This movie was freaking great.

I thought sully was better than hacksaw, but yes hacksaw is better than la la land and most of the other supposed nominees, besides maybe moonlight which I haven't seen