Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that Rose was hands down the worst companion in NuWho?

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that Rose was hands down the worst companion in NuWho?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=20wJoBGL5YQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shes the best
that scene on the beach.. i almost cried

she had the best doctor

i felt she had personality. i was sold on the chav background because of RTD's soap writing.

all the others are generic pretty girls

never seen so much shit taste over a shit show
Yes, Rose is the fucking worse.

Except that season 4 old woman. Fuck her, I'd rather have dumb eye candy than that unfunny bitch.

Clara is by far the worst. Moffat had like three opportunities to have her gracefully exit the show but every fucking time he had her stay on. After a while she became irritating and her "I'm now pretty much immortal! I'm gonna travel the galaxy with my own TARDIS and female companion! Who I'll fuck!" ending was fanfiction.net tier bullshit.

I can't really think of a good NuWho companion. They all range from mediocre to terrible.

Man, the 9nth Doctor was really the most fun of em all. And idk why but Billie Piper gives me the biggest erection, I´m a sucker for big teeth chavs.

I know /who/ likes to get all pissy about the whole "I love you" thing but she honestly played her character perfectly while she was companion. She's probably the only companion outside of Donna (who was full slapstick) who was capable of actually being funny sometimes.

Donna > Rose > Martha > Amy >>>>>>>>>>> Clala

Only season of the series I've ever watched and enjoyed every minute.

I watched about 10 minutes of the next guy and took a hard pass.

>Only season of the series I've ever watched and enjoyed every minute.
even the farting aliens?

>I watched about 10 minutes of the next guy and took a hard pass
That's not nearly enough time to form a proper fucking judgement on a new Doctor.

Perfect ratings, user. I don't get the hate Rose gets. Clara is the one who really rubbed me the wrong way.

It's a fucking kids/family show, and despite the farting the Slitheen were unironically quite intimidating. I'm not a fan of it but I can forgive a few fart gags.

>GOAT sidekick

Shame her season was so hit and miss. A few great episodes, but far too many that are just not much fun to re-watch.

>it's a "/who/ pretends space-Sherlock is good" episode
Oh wait, that's literally every episode of the past several seasons.

There aren't any GOAT episodes in the first half of the season, but they're watchable enough. The entire latter half of the season is peak Nu-Who, though. Including both peak RTD and Moffat episodes. Honestly one of the strongest seasons imho famalam.

Season 4 is literally carried by the sheer chemistry of Ten and Donna, it's amazing. Best nu-Tardis Crew.

>tfw the show went from cheeky borderline B-movie fun to pure reddit
Hate this feeling.

Her and the 9th Doctor are my favorite characters from DW. Watched halfway through Matt Smith and dropped the show completely.

don't worry, we know the show is shit.

why do you boardies keep making doctor who threads instead of using the general? it's especially weird because /who/'s activity has been really low lately

I don't make these threads but I'm always happy when they pop up because /who/ is just a fucking shithole bubble of a general. It's like you're on a completely different site when you're in a /who/ thread. Honestly wish off-season generals were banned, nothing of worth ever comes from them.

Donna>Rory the based>>>>>>>>everyone else

Why do normies still cling to Tennant and Rose? It's been 10 FUCKING YEARS

>male companion

>he didn't like Wilf

Is there a law in Englandistan that all Doctor Who companions must have black boyfriends?

Benny Hill is so underrated,. Comedy genius

>It's like you're on a completely different site when you're in a /who/ thread
That's actually a good point. I suppose if you came there with your casual opinions everybody would either jump down your throat or not even respond because it's something we've already discussed dozens of times.

>casual opinions
Literally meaningless.

What? I meant opinions from more casual viewers, obviously. It's not an insult

Jack was obviously the best companion.

The worst was probably Clara

The best episode doesn't have a companion at all

Yeah, Waters of Mars was GOAT.

She could have been the best companion . . .

GADGET GADGET

hello would you like some memes

Donna>Rory>Amy>everyone else.

Clara is cute! CUTE!

Is it just Brits that hate Donna?

I'm American and thought she was great. I also liked Rose and hated Clara. I'm assuming everyone can agree Martha was shit.

Rory > Donna > Captain Jack > S1 Rose > S2 Rose > Martha > River Song > Clara

That's a dank ranking you got there friend. Respect.

Absolutely correct, Amy should be before Rose

Brit here, Donna's my favourite.

t. butthurt casual

Why the fuck do people rate Rory? He was just kind of a dull husk of a character. Then he became an equally boring robot or something, I don't even remember.

Ok honestly I watched the whole episode with Tennant, and I think it was a two-parter.

Other than his Hitchhiker's Guide reference, I couldn't think of anything else I liked about his performance and never looked back at Who since.

Why are you starting at random episodes instead of the beginning tho.

>becomes a plastic robot guy
>laser hands
>muh centurion badass so romantic rite
>fuck knows why he then became normal again
It was probably explained somehow, but I don't remember it, because that entire arc was fucking beluga caviar levels of nonsense

>le rose is good meme

he was the best doctor
she was the best companion.

however, when she "died" they should never have brought her back. Doing so cheapened it the same way retconning the timewar cheapened the whole show and character.

He needs to return

He's their fantasy, a wimpy beta who manages to get a hot girlfriend/wife after being friendzoned for years.

Because he has amazing guitar skills

there's only one real plastic guy in the Dr. Who universe . . .

I'm not going back to watch thousands of hours of moldy old English programming. I watched the Eccleston season over a three day weekend after they piled up on my DVR.

He never will though. The whole reason he left was because he was having arguments with three unnamed individuals involved in the production of the show. I'm sure that left a sour enough taste in his mouth that even if they're almost certainly not working on the show anymore, he still wouldn't do it.

she was good until r2d2 brought her back. overstayed her welcome a bit but her ending in s2 was a high note for the show.

clara's the worst because of her complete lack of personality. only time she was remotely interesting was when capaldi showed up and she was pissed he was old.

S5 > S3 > S2 > S1 > S4 > S6 > S7

Gave up on the show mid way through S6 and stopped watching during S7, is completely correct.

>only time she was remotely interesting was when capaldi showed up and she was pissed he was old
That was when she was at her very worst for me. She was just inexplicably a complete cunt throughout S8, even boring Clara was better than that.

Most insufferable characters in the series?

Describe Clara's character according to the TV show

stronk.

How come Season 1 is so memorable and the new season of Nu Who is so shit?

"I recommend a full frontal assault with automated laser monkeys."

That's as good as it gets.

Post the most dishonest episode

Moffat

RTD knew how to write kids tv shows and moffat doesnt

Steven Moffat forgot who the target audience is, and now he makes it to appease 35 year old convention-frequenting nu-males rather than early teenagers.

She had a love for adventure, moreso than the other NuWho companions. All her life she dreamed of traveling and once she had traveled with the Doctor she couldn't give it up even when she knew she probably should. Very bossy and stubborn, always had to feel like she was in control of the situation. That stubbornness could also manifest as bravery, like in her confrontation with the half face guy. Good at handling children, she was firm with them but also caring.

It's all shit.

He's my favorite but did he make a mistake by not wanting to come back to the show?

Just for anyone who hasn't seen it. Nice little interview from only a couple of years ago.

Muff fat is shite.

Meant to post this.
youtube.com/watch?v=20wJoBGL5YQ

he was bullied out by the gay mafia at the politically correct bbc

Absolutely fantastic. Understatement of the century. I felt accomplished more in one season than some doctors do in 3. He had a clear character arc from the beginning of Rose to The Parting of the Ways. Also the mutherfucker had style. And he wasn't afraid of using physical force when necessary. When faced with a rampaging Dalek he didn't attempt to "out clever" it, he went straight for a futuristic canon and was ready to tear shit up. Coupled with the fact he was a huge softie that literally danced for joy at the prospect of achiving a victory without a single loss of life and you have a Doctor for the ages.

THe casting of the Ninth doctor is probably the single best decision on Russell T. Davies part because its because of Eccelston that I even got into the series in the first place. He had the job of attracting and KEEPING new viewers and he performed his duties mastefully. The Ninth Doctor did what all characters should do, he left us begging for more.

Damn straight.

Also here's my extremely biased list. Please don't hate. This is my impression of the individual series overall. This is not my evaluation of companions or individual stories.
S5>S9>S1>S8>S3>S7>S2>S4>S6

Ranking of Doctors
12>9>War>8>11>6>7>10>4>3>5>2>1
The only reason why the early Doctors are that low in the rankings is because I don't have as much exposure to them. I am attempting to remedy that by listening to Big Finish productions as well as plowing through the earliers seasons from start to finish.

so true
also main reason why i like rose so much
the chemistry between both of them was awesome

>S9 not literally bottom tier
Fucking 'ell lad, Heaven Sent wasn't THAT good.

I wonder at what point people will give up ranking all the individual NuWho seasons. Nobody tries to make ranked lists of the 26 classic Who seasons because that's just too damn many, but 9 NuWho seasons seems to be within reason.

>anything lower than S7 aka the season without a single above average episode

>S5>S9>S1>S8>S3>S7>S2>S4>S6
>S5
Now i know when you started to watch this show.

The more damning indictment is that a fucking Gatiss episode was probably the closest thing that season had to a highlight.

Freema Agyeman sucked

1. Donna Noble/Wilfred Mott
2. Clara Oswald
3. Amy Pond
4. Rose
5. Rory Williams
6. Nardole
7. River Song
8. Mickey
9. Rose's mom
10. Freema Agyeman
11. new companion

series 5 was magic

it was actually a bit shocking how the show went completely to shit in series 6 since series 5 seemed like everything that could have gone right with moffat in charge went right

The entire first half of S5 is a fucking shitshow.

Good job user.

Amy had the best legs but objectively the worst writing. Karen stopped caring halfway too (can't blame her) and that's that.

idk man the angels 2 parter and the opening episode were pretty good

Is the Doctor's daughter the worst loose end? Seems like the creation of a new timelord would be a pretty big deal but she just disappears from the series never to be heard from again.

did they ever find out who the guy that said "silence will fall" in the tardis was?

just some bloke, innit?

>Good tier
Amy's Choice
Vincent and the Doctor
The Lodger
The Pandorica Opens
The Big Bang

>Eh tier
The Vampires of Venice

>Bad tier
The Beast Below
Victory of the Daleks
The Time of Angels
Flesh and Stone
The Hungry Earth
Cold Blood

>Plagiarism tier
The Eleventh Hour

He was the only Doctor that actually pulled off the "war veteran" aspect, he seemed to have legitimate PTSD

Amazing actor

the fat purple guy? He turned up as a disembodied head at the end of Season 6, which was then paid off in S7, Day of the Doctor, and Time of the Doctor

>Martha Jones is my NuWhofu
>Freema Agyeman is now acting in that SJW shitshow sense8

Just my fuck my shit up familia.