// NEW OTT //

youtu.be/pCfiQCOPkCg

Attached: 1520714415827.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2WGb_9UW6EU
youtube.com/watch?v=gDt4_n6xP0M
acclaimedmusic.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3718
youtube.com/watch?v=9yEFWxST5eY
youtube.com/watch?v=eaDoOz78JgM
youtube.com/watch?v=AfhI_ceA4TA
youtube.com/watch?v=MAU4o5AZS28
rbt.asia/mu/thread/78504735/
youtu.be/nrL7wiFyMy8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello Chris

YES

he makes good points a lot of the time but damned if he hasn't lost any of that blatant pretentiousness that makes him such a notable indie critic

Its about math rock fyi

Oh my god, it was actually him the other day. He said it was gonna be about Math Rock.

LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD

Attached: 3424.png (492x473, 466K)

has he got alcoholism induced rosacea

his very first point was really interesting about the pokemonization of music. same thing with sports media really

yes

damn i wish he would talk more about doncab
american don is one of my favorites of all time

Yes, he loves Ben Hur...

EVERYONE FLIPPED OUT

yeah i was bummed when he abruptly started talking about turig machine im afrom pittsburgh and don cab is the best band we ever had

Which one of you fags mentioned Tortoise in the comments?

youtube.com/watch?v=2WGb_9UW6EU

is tortoise the most sperg band of all time

God I hope so.
youtube.com/watch?v=gDt4_n6xP0M

yo this Turing Machine record is dope

The whole playlist is amazing. I've Never gone very deep in Math Rock and it's more post hardcore roots so it's an awesome listen for me

He likes AFL?

>pokemon theme
>sarcasm towards post-rock
>primus mention

already good

Attached: 1520734818995.gif (500x250, 117K)

Saying a high school band like Pitchfork is better than Rocket From The Crypt is a fucking joke.

this might be true but rocket from the crypy really is nothing special at all

also why no mention of unwound on this?

He also said Drive Like Jehu -Yank Crime is OK, but their S/T is way better, which apparently is a lie, since Yank Crime is number 80 on his 100 best albums of the 90s list, but the S/T isn't.

acclaimedmusic.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3718

>rocket from the crypy really is nothing special at all

wrong

>also why no mention of unwound on this?

he probably disregards them like he does with Polvo.

Saying Primus or Shutter To Think are more worthy of attention than Unwound or Polvo is also a joke.

He made that list 15 years ago. I think it's pretty reasonable for him to have changed his mind in the past decade and a half.

He looks sick. Is he ok?

The immune disease is really taking a toll on him

or maybe a 15+ year old list from when he was working at Pitchfork isn't representative of how he fels now

Firstly, opinions change.
I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of this list. I don't think that list is purely his favorite albums, but a list of the albums he liked and/or were culturally relevant to the 90s. How else can you explain the presence of Under the Table and Dreaming?

Post your top 10 post rock records

Yeah but he said Yank Crime is just OK. You don't go from an album being one of your favorites in your favorite decade, to just OK, unless he was trying to impress/fit in with the critics he was talking to in that forum, and if that's the case he's hella lame.

Godspeed You Black Emperor, Mogwai, Swans, the list goes on my man

>post rock
no such thing

>unless he was trying to impress/fit in with the critics he was talking to in that forum
kek Ott and hipinion have been on the outs for years, that thread got archived because everyone hates him there now

>How else can you explain the presence of Under the Table and Dreaming?

He liked that album. It's corny as fuck but the playing is very technical, he also likes Primus, who are corny as fuck

>You don't go from an album being one of your favorites in your favorite decade, to just OK
That's happened to me. 10 years ago I would have said Exile on Main Street is one of my favorite albums, and now I have no interest in listening to most of the songs.

Is Ott /ourguy/?

definitely better than Melonman

leaves turn inside you is really the only remarkable unwound album though. some of the other albums are good/okay but I don't think its that much of a reach to say primus is more significant or whatever

polvo also sucks. i dont know how they achieved the legendarily underrated ahead of its time indie band from the 90s status they have. they really do only have like 5 good songs.maybe polvo was doing something kind of novel but it really always just kind of sounded like early pavement releases with a muddier bass and a drummer who was actually trained

i also want to note though that gary young isn't as bad of a drummer as everyone says he is

why do people always post this dark cryptic shit about him in these threads

Yeah but you don't now disregard it as OK, you still think its a classic and still would if the current you had never heard it before and were now hearing it for the first time.

If someone asked what are some great albums you would still list it for them, even if you wouldn't personally ever listen to it again.

>If someone asked what are some great albums you would still list it for them
No, I wouldn't. You seem to be having trouble with the concept of "people changing their opinions."

Listen to this and tell me you think this sounds anything like Pavement. Also THIS is their best collection.

youtube.com/watch?v=9yEFWxST5eY

dude this sounds even more like pavement than anything on todays active lifestyles. either you haven't heard slay tracks and the other early pre-slanted pavement singles or your just dense

he's next

He's fading away....

he's ON EDGE

Attached: captured salafist cleric.png (510x509, 499K)

examples

youtube.com/watch?v=eaDoOz78JgM

youtube.com/watch?v=AfhI_ceA4TA

youtube.com/watch?v=MAU4o5AZS28

Hey Chris I love your work please never leave again

W O W

Attached: tortoise btfo.png (1090x127, 20K)

>Ott thinks Tortoise sucks

He couldn't be anymore based if he tried.

Guess this proves that really was him posting the other night

I personally dropped Tortoise when they called all their fans who voted from Trump racist pieces of shit. Probably to make up for the fact that they haven't made a remotely listenable record since the '90s.

>being a tortoise fan
>supporting trump
>revoking your fandom when tortoise says trump supporters are racist
sides in fucking orbit

>I dropped this band for reasons completely unrelated to music
You voted for Trump though, so this kind of logic is to be expected

I voted Trump too but I don't really care about anyone who makes music's opinion on politics. If I did I'd only be left with Toby Keith and Ted Nugent.

Regardless, Tortoise is fucking awful

>too fruity
Chris "Shoo Gays!" Ott

cool

Yeah, Tortoise is fucking garbage, except the Gamera EP. Bark Psychosis, Hood, Labradford, and Disco Inferno are much better bands.

So this confirms he was here the other night.

Chris, why didn't you respond to my Dapperton post?

Attached: close-up-image-of-gus-dapperton-with-his-fingernai.png (1188x1116, 1.62M)

music is getting to a kind of scary place. Sup Forums used to be able to actually discuss music but now most people here would barely be able to formulate a couple of sentences as to why they like their favourite album. and most people are using albums as identity badges

can someone link to the thread are tll me what to search for on the archive

its been like this for a while at what point are you referring to that it wasn't like this?

>and most people are using albums as identity badges
It's literally always been like that but yeah I'll agree that 90% of this board can't discuss music beyond meaningless buzzwords.

Neither of those things are anything new. If you don't have at least 20 threads filtered right now, you're doing it wrong.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/78504735/

Very true. People will tell you what they like, but not why they like it. Even worse, people will say they like a musician, but won't provide a link to any of their favorite songs.

Sup Forums sucks lol

>listening to Spooky Black
/ourguy/
I wonder what he thinks of the Corbin album

>His PA showed him that video and told me he teared up. I haven’t felt a nanosecond of ambition since hearing that. It is accomplished.
that's so fucking cool holy shit
i think i was getting drunk while that thread was happening so thanks for linking it

I think this guys hates literally all of my favorite artists but I genuinely like him. We need more people like him.

Primus are a metal band though

>but I genuinely like him
same, hard to believe he used to write for pitchfork

A lot of the time he doesn't hate the band themselves but the conversation around them. Just critics impressing a sense of importance on groups that are just rehashes of others.

yes

Nah I've definitely seen him shittalking people like Kozelek, Bill Callahan and Jason Molina who are like my go to guys but that's okay.

it was a different place 15 years ago.

Can I just take a moment to exclaim my pleasure at our successfully extricating him from that hellhole hpn and bringing him over to the light

Attached: 1520192463193.jpg (600x600, 55K)

nah they are more prog/math than metal. they don't sound anything like other metal bands that are very technical

lol how did this even happen

Primus are literally an alt-metal group, they attract metalheads

Sarcoidosis is not life-threatening, nor does it have clinical contraindications with moderate alcohol consumption. It is acting up for me because I’ve had the flu for six weeks. Thanks for watching. Tortoise were the worst band on earth until Neutral Milk Hotel came out.

That's an awfully new video with OTT
should I watch it?
prolly not

Is he gonna return to twitter?

@shaIIowrewards
with capital I's

What's the next one gonna be, Chris?

Reminder Ott unironically rates Grimes

Attached: 1359367312863.jpg (667x1000, 612K)

please get Fantano to interview you again or something these kids need to know

Chris, when you see this photo what comes to mind?

Attached: Doritos Jacked Stage At SXSW.jpg (1333x2000, 1.54M)

The who girl whos talked on here for no reason and her album stirs up so much controversy for no reason. I fucking see you

Chris be nice to Grimes.

That's a big mayo...

Rate-d. Art Angels was a mess. She is a strong personality and fashion celebrity. She has a ways to go to reestablish any musical credentials.

Hey Chris what do you think about Kurt Ralske from Ultra Vivid Scene making ASMR videos

youtu.be/nrL7wiFyMy8

his opinions / roasts are fun to listen to even when I don't agree
mark of a good critic imo

That might be a less offensive era than the current one of 800 panels full of back-patting music-exploiting shitheads.

he doesn't tough

Attached: grimes is overrated.png (884x434, 35K)

ironically you're a shitty critic and no one cares to listen to you regardless of what you say so fuck off already tripfag

I hadn’t seen this but had researched LISA years ago. It’s uh. I don’t know how you convince people to give you grants for this sort of thing. I just have too much of a working class background to find this defensible. It’s inventing new markers to discuss propositions that had no concept of them - very arrogant, very self-fascinated, not my thing.

nobody cares about your butt feud kid, find better things to whine about