ORIGINAL or REMAKE?

ORIGINAL or REMAKE?

Attached: a3471928093_10 (2).jpg (715x704, 41K)

remake
only reason to disagree is nostalgia

some songs are better on original, some are better on remake

original
higher production quality does not equal better album imo

but the new sober to death, nervous young inhumans, bodys, high to death, and famous prophets are almost entirely different songs than the originals

especially sober to death and nervous young inhumans, those are different genres even

What a lazy and pretentious hack.

If you're going to "remake" an album at least get some time in for your sound to actually mature. Fuck that shit.

There was an eight year gap.

original.
the remake lost almost all of the authenticity and charm of the album

this

people that prefer the original are nostalgiasoys

The original has a nervous, passionate, and authentic quality, where the new one feels sterile. I do like the new synths though. I'm gonna have to go old

varies song by song

My Boy - remake > original
Beach Life-In-Death - original > remake
Stop Smoking - original > remake
Sober to Death - original > remake
Nervous Young Inhumans - remake > original
Bodys - remake > original
Cute Thing - remake > original
High to Death - remake >>>> original
Famous Prophets - remake > original
Twin Fantasy - original > remake

He did a good job fixing the flaws of some of the tracks, but he went to far with other songs and made them too "clean," so they lost a little bit of their "oomph". Both versions are still fantastic though.

this better be bait

Remake of Sober to Death is objectively better than the original.

why didn't he alter the cover at least a little bit? It's annoying to not be able to tell the two next to each other

Car Seat Headrest is fucking trash. It's irrelevant.

Attached: 1471811608371.jpg (250x346, 16K)

>The Lord was not in the fire

This puts the original miles ahead of the remake

First half original, second half remake

My Boy: Original > Remake
Beach Life-in-Death: Original < Remake
Stop Smoking: Original < Remake
Sober to Death: Original > Remake
Nervous Young Inhumans: Original < Remake
Bodys: Original > Remake
Cute Thing: Original < Remake
High to Death: Original < Remake
Famous Prophets: Original < Remake
Twin Fantasy: Original < Remake

He did alter it

The last three songs on the remake are so good and emotional, being able to hear what Will sings on High To Death is a pleasure.
I kind of miss the transgression verse of the old Famous Prophets, but also all of the new lyrics on the new one are very good.

i unironically had a sex dream about will toledo last night

Was he as low energy as he is on stage or was he shouting throughout the whole ordeal?

somewhere in between. it was a good dream though. i’m pretty confused

spbs

Earlier in the song I used the term "galvanistic," and galvanism is the concept, uh, the obsolete scientific theory that there is a kind of electricity flowing through our bloodstreams, and that was our life force. I used the term because I came across it in Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein", and that book is sort of an exploration of the theme of creating a character or making up a person. So I used the term "galvanistic" to allude to that book as a sort of symbol of how I, like, created you as a character, by pretending that I know a lot more about you than I actually do, and also to refer to the fact that I've fall—fallen in love with the characters you've created in, uh, your body of work. This is the part of the song where I start to regret writing it

or.....

I'm a good person. I'm a powerful person. I don't believe in evil. I think that evil is an idea created by others to avoid dealing with their own nature. I understand my own nature. Good and evil have nothing to do with it. I understand myself. I control myself. I control everything within myself. My domain is my domain. I can lie on my back and affect the lives of those I love without moving a finger. But I would only affect them in good ways. I don't waste time on evil. I'm a good person. Is this thing on? Do you know about Jesus? Do you really know? All you know is what you've been told. Listen with your heart. Sing with your heart. You've just been singing about girls. What do you know about girls? Fuck... Why are you so tense? You've gotta start singing with love in your heart. Is this on?

Adam, are you here? A pain star has entered your house, but what are you going to do about it? Are you going to touch it? It only once happens every thousand years, maybe even two thousand years. And how long is a year, really? It's almost Halloween. I haven't done shit this year. It's been a summer—it's been summer since February, I was in Australia. God. California? Then what? June, July, August, a month in Europe. I can't even go to Ikea anymore, I've got flashbacks. Fuck! You should see the lights that I got there, I think you'd like them. I think you'd like them a lot

Isn't this where...

?????

Turning point of the album, very vulnerable and truthful
Pretentious, but considering the whole retrospect thing that might be Will putting into words what the 19yo Will felt.

By itself old>>>new, but in the context of the album, the new one fits much better just because it delays the reveal of Will's projection to High To Death, making the impact of the last three songs so much bigger, and the album and narrative more emotional. The old monologue makes Bodys and Cute Thing seem really ingenuine (which also can be considered a point)

>the old monolouge makes bodys and cute thing seem really ingenuine
Idk about that, as Bodys literally starts with "Thats not what i meant to say at all, i mean , I'm sick of meaning i just wanna hold you" showing will is still confused but really is geniune of his feelings.

>tfw people listen to a furry vore album unironically

They still are genuine in the themes they are exploring, but considering that the relationship had the same chronology as the album, Mirror To Mirror narrative's Will is trying to hold onto that fantasy and then understands he can't in Famous Prophets, while Face To Face narrative's Will is playing it more straight, the new NYI monologue only hints at Will being an unreliable sack of shit (the whole evil monologue at the start is some nice delusion), but Bodys and Cute Things are just him trying to enjoy the relationship, but that ends up hurting Cate, which then tells Will he's an ass and she wants out of his fantasy.
It's a pretty nice distinction imo and a nice show of Will growing up and understanding what he was doing. In Mirror To Mirror the victim side of such a fantasy isn't explored basically at all.

I agree.

Plus I didn't like the drumming on "Beach Life-In-Death". That is not at all the spirit of the song.

But "Famous Prophets" was a real improving.

As a whole, I prefer the original. But there are some songs I prefer the remake.

You’ve made this thread like 30 times the last few days. It’s time to stop.

the original one by a mile

that is actually pretty interesting I didn't think of that

They're both shit.

Also, stop shilling, Bildo.

can we stop talking about the same album every day?

no