M NIGHT SPLIT 30 MILLION WEEKEND

HE'S OFFICIALLY BACK!!

Okay, so Split ends with James McAvoy‘s Kevin still very much alive and on the run, with three of his 23 separate personalities still running the show, forcing the other personalities into subservience (the film’s treatment of dissociative identity disorder is admittedly inelegant and will rightfully inspire some think pieces). While they failed to kill young Casey Cook, the dominant personalities accomplished their ultimate goal – they have unleashed the 24th personality, known as The Beast, a bloodthirsty monster capable of superhuman strength and endurance. It’s wild, silly, B-movie nuttiness and I got a kick out of it.

And if Split had ended there, it would have been a perfectly fine and perfectly entertaining thriller that I enjoyed very much. However, the film has one more trick up its sleeve, a quick epilogue that demands you view everything that came before in a new context.

The film cuts to a restaurant, where the Philadelphia citizenry are discussing the strange events of the past few days and the monstrous killer the press has dubbed “The Horde” (because there are many different personalities, you see). As the camera moves past a series of conversations, one diner notes that this whole thing sounds like another guy who stirred up some trouble back in the day. And then Bruce Willis‘ David Dunn appears on screen and notes that they called him Mr. Glass.

KINO
I
N
O

Based Neito is back
Vin and Vulture BTFO

THE NEXT SPIELBERG

OH God...is M. Night building his own cinematic universe?

15th time's the charm!

>tfw if shamalan was in charge of the DCU then he would have turned it into genius work of art

Wow I assumed XXX would beat it.

doesnt that guy demand millions for cameos>?

how did shamalung get funds for him

>another capeshit franchise

dropped

The real capekino cinematic universe is finally here boys.

You seriously think that the people that think capeshit is supposed to be quips and cgi fights would have taken Shyamalan's slow and metodic style any better than Snyder's?

>I'm not a mistake!

Is there a better villain in cape films?

I cringed hard when I saw what did they do to poor McAvoy, like forcing him to making those awful speeches. Goddam, that was bad bad.

This has got to be one of the most well crafted tie-ins to a comic movie universe.

The movie could have been complete dogshit but the epilogue makes people question if it was really dogshit due to being linked to a critically acclaimed film.

How did M. Knight pull this off?

Yeah I'm thinking he's back

>FUCKING M NIGHT SHYALAMAN IS SAVING CINEMA BY MAKING ACTUAL TRUE CAPEKINO
WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?

I seriously was so confused during all the beast stuff, does Casey have super powers too?

It's amazing what has happened in our world.

It starts raining again in California, atheism is on the decline, and now m night shamalan is back!!!

Can't say that trump isn't making America great again already!!

I hope so.

>tfw too dumb to enjoy split

The power to be molested.

>tfw tickets were sold out and the only other movie playing was "Why Him?"
Should have went home tbqh.

basically shyamalan believes that trauma makes for better people, it sharpens them. i believe that too

go shyamalan go

You want to know a true mark of the kino?

>In "Unbreakable" Mr. Glass's mother notes how there are two types of villains
>The "Soldier Villain" - the villain who fights the hero with his fists
>The Arch-Enemy - the criminal mastermind who fights the villain with brain

And now you have the super strong "Horde" and "Mr. Glass"

Fuckin kek

In all honesty, I really enjoyed the flashback scenes with the uncle, it all unfolds perfectly.
Especially when he begins the "animal play", as soon as I saw the beginning of that I could see where it was heading.

I started to also see the whole "trauma shapes people" near the climax of the film.
M. Night is back boys, true kino

If you can make something engaging enough, with a little action and fanservice along the way, you can do anything with a blockbuster movie.

>all these m. night shamalon shills in this thread

>Couldnt stop staring at the main girl the entire movie even with Mcavoy chewing the scenery

I..is this what love is like anons?

Night's entire post Unbreakable career literally proves you wrong.

Jungle fever more than anything...

this is the only reason people are thinking about seeing it.

Dumb iPhoneposter

?

So is Bruce Willis a ghost or is he invincible?
Did the aliens give them their powers?

Best part? Kevin's dad died on the train in Unbreakable. That's why he lays the flowers a the train station. It's not just an added on epilogue.

is this the movie about a dude with a ton of split personalities and whether or not he can be held accountable for murder that one of them committed or not? i think dicaprio was going to star in it but now it's mcavoy