What the FUCK is wrong with you people?

What the FUCK is wrong with you people?
I've been here for 10 years, and I've never once questioned the majority vote... I've always trusted you guys and watched what the majority think is "the best".

I've watched 5 seasons of The Big Bang Theory in the space of 2 days... fuck you guys... you were making out like this was the absolute worst thing that had ever happened to mankind... and I've spent the past 2 days laughing my fucking tits off because this show is nowhere fucking near as bad as you guys make out.

I get it though.
I get why you hate it.
This show makes you feel less special.
The "geeks" in this show make you feel less like a snowflake because there's parts of you that are the same as the main characters... and they end up having everything you wish you had... so you feel like you're comparing yourself to these people and because you're not as popular, successful etc... you hate it.

I'm never going to listen to you guys again.
Just because it's popular, it doesn't mean it's bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tenm8ByNSTY
youtube.com/watch?v=dPiaxrE8-OI
youtube.com/watch?v=fh-jkxMGTsc
youtube.com/watch?v=N1sAiQ_VLHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The humour is low brow and repetitive. Its alsways the same set up and punchline

>whore neighbour comes over
>mentions normie shit
>Nerds are lost HAHAHA FUNNY
Or
>Nerds mention nerd shit
>Normie neighbour is lost HAHAHA FUNNY
Repeat over and over.

>The Big Bang Theory has 10 seasons right now

Did you come out to your parents as a turbo-pleb yet?

>I've been here for 10 years, and I've never once questioned the majority vote
ok, you're an idiot, thanks for sharing

I just don't find it funny. If its on, and no other sitcom or show I'm interested in is on, then maybe I'll watch it. But I wouldn't go out of my way to download and watch episodes of it.

Wolowitz used to be a fun character, but now he's simply a vessel for Bernadette's belittling and THE BABY.

In fact, the only character that has stayed true to themselves is the guy who owns the comic book store (don't remember his name, can't be bothered to look it up), everyone has changed; remember how Raj used to be a quiet dork with a pathological inability to speak around women? Sorry schlomo, he's now a suave effeminate ladies man that was forming a harem of white girls before it all came crashing down a couple episodes ago (there was, of course, the transition period when he was a hyper-feminine awkward mess.)

And don't even get me started on the characters of Leonard and Sheldon! The eponymous characters of this show have the lion's share of development which moved in some good directions, but many of them bad; Sheldon for example was flanderized following the success of the first couple seasons, going from "mildly off" to "completely detached from reality" which has only recently begun to change from the gentle ministrations of his girlfriend Amy, a woman that is basically a 3/10 three years away from becoming a Crazy Cat Lady. Gone are the days of Bazinga, now Sheldon merely exists to be Amy's project, existing in that purgatory between "total monster" and "kinda normal." In other words, Amy is trying to change Sheldon back into Season 1-2 Sheldon.

It's blackface for nerds. It's insultingly ignorant.

>eponymous characters
Big Bang and Theory are my favorite characters

It's just 6 seasons too long.

Oh gosh! You're right, how silly of me to treat vocabulary that carelessly.

Since you gave me a reason to post, allow me to discuss the nature of Leonard and how he has changed throughout the years. Now, Leonard was always something of the protagonist, the man we were supposed to self-insert into; he's a dork, but not TOO much of a dork, and had a sort of sweetness to him that made us wish for his success. He wanted a girl, a "lovely" (I quote that because she's quite plain as far as women go) neighbor named Penny. Now, if we recall the premise of this seriesm it was entirely about Leonard trying to hook up with Penny (hence, "The Big Bang Theory," Penny being the Big Bang.) But somewhere along the way that premise was lost; Leonard went from the hopeless romantic to actually dating Penny (after she got stuffed by her idiot Bull, of course!) Which was enough to milk an entire season off of.

I believe this is where the producers had an identity crisis; the show was now in it's End Game, where could they go after Leonard and Penny tie the knot? So they started throwing girlfriends at the cast to see what stuck, and lo and behold Amy found Sheldon and the rest is, as you would say, Bazinga.

And so as the focus turned to Sheldon and Amy, the producers were free to tear apart the character of Leonard; he lost his hopeless adorkable nature, becoming a bitter married man with Normie problems and a whore wife (Penny has gone from "the hottie" to "the slut that settled.") He's the most normal of the group, but he's no longer the focus of the show, and whenever he's on screen it's to emphasize how much he despises Sheldon and doesn't like having him around anymore.

Mmmmmm, that's some epic bait right there.

>mfw people ITT actually take this shitpost serious

I hate it because it's the reason 30 got cancelled. I watched the new ep yesterday and got a few yucks though. I will forever have a bias against it still.

>leonard gets cucked by penny
>snaps
>guns entire cast down in the hallway between their houses then turns the gun on himself
>BAZINGA

I'm onto you, scum.

And now that I'm on a roll with discussing the rich lore of the Big Bang Theory Cinematic Universe (The BBTCU) allow me to move onto the very pillar of the plot, Penny.

As we all know, Penny was the goal, the end-game, the woman that provided Leonard with a "way out," to become a Normie and finally fit in with the rest of the Normies watching the show. From the very beginning we could tell she was meant to be "yet another beautiful woman." She was a Midwestern farm-girl who moved to California on the hopes of "making it big," finding herself struggling to become an actress as she worked at a Cheesecake Factory. Her dreams were raw, her passion was undeniable, and it was because of this Leonard fell head over heels in love with her.

The early seasons were entirely about trying to get that mythical unicorn that was Penny, a pursuit that saw the gang encounter everything from manipulative whores to asshole boyfriends. Penny did not come out of this unchanged, of course; she was still an aspiring actress, but she began to take on Le Nerd mannerisms; she would come over to eat, display amusement at the wild antics of the gang (in fact, as you would note the camera often pans over to Penny laughing at the joke, breaking the 4th wall and allowing the Audience the knowledge that was a big funny.) She was turning into, in her own way, one of them.

And then it happened, the moment of truth. The Big Bang. Leonard asked Penny out, and she said yes. The show was entering the end-game, and as I stated before the producers realized they were losing their cash cow.

The producers realized they needed to give the cast girlfriends, a way to sustain the show and keep it going; Wolowitz was a testbed for Bernadette, and while it lasted a season the character arc was painfully short. Raj was an even bigger failure, dating the redheaded Voice of Reason for a season before becoming flanderized into a vapid lady's man. It was in Sheldon they found hope, it was in Sheldon they found Amy and the long climb to Normie.

And so the producers, safe with Sheldon's ability to continue the show, allowed the relationship to run it's course; Penny broke up with Leonard for one last fuck-fest with her bull Chad and then got back together with Leonard for good. This is, ironically the Nadir of her character; she had an identity crisis as her actress career was well and truly killed, and it took the desperate asspull of Bernadette "knowing a guy" that Penny got a hyper-successful career in Pharmaceutical Sales. She eloped with Leonard to Las Vegas, where they got married in an episode extravaganza that had the whole cast (and hanger-ons) visit. What a time! This had all the markings of a Series Finale, but it wasn't. The show continued, only now Penny (now the slut that settled) was married to Leonard and no longer important. She went from the focus to "yet another character", just another woman in the gang.

The Big Bang Theory was no longer about the Big Bang, the show had well and truly lost sight of what it was in exchange for the whacky antics of an autistic man-child and his frumpy girlfriend. Leonard had lost his position as the protagonist, Penny had lost her importance to the plot, and now Sheldon was the true and undisputed king of the series.

And that, my friends, is the greatest Bazinga of all.

This

I can't speak for everyone OP, but I will concede part of your point. The show isn't as outright terrible as it is just mildly cringe-worthy. Really the majority of my hate for the show stems from the fact that my father loves this it and doesn't try to hide the fact that he would absolutely love to have me be like one of those people from the show. So I hate it because it personally insults me and the fact that Bernadette pushes my buttons isn't helping things either

Say whatever you want but TBBT is comfy as fuck

I could spend days watching it while drinking tea

You goyim betta be obedient like OP! SUBMIT TO SAINT LORRE AND WATCH HIS SITCOMS!!!!!!

I feel like it's gotten a lot better in the last few years. The "nerd references" are still pretty mainstream and basic or over-explained and it's kinda cringey, but there's not really any more of the "I'm playing Mario 64 [LAUGH TRACK] on a poorly coded [LAUGH TRACK X2] N64 emulator [LAUGHTER BECOMES A PHYSICAL FORCE OF DESTRUCTION THAT VAPORIZES THE ENTIRE SOUNDSTAGE]" moments any more; it all feels a lot more grounded now.

It got more "mature" and characters became more developed

They aren't "nerds" anymore, everyone has a hot white blonde gf (except for Sheldor) but they still act somewhat retarded., one of them is even married and have a kid.

Yeah, and the show is all the better for it.

>they still act somewhat retarded

That's just standard sitcomedy.

Well this

>In fact, the only character that has stayed true to themselves is the guy who owns the comic book store
wrong.

he was a starving artist that had a knack for running a business and selling people shit they don't need.

now he's a total failure living in poverty that has the bone density of a 60 year old man. *laugh track*

I think the question was which big bang star you would kiss beneath a mistletoe

youtube.com/watch?v=Tenm8ByNSTY

youtube.com/watch?v=dPiaxrE8-OI

This thread is literally cancer.

fuck off cuck

>My new computer came with windows 7.
>It's more user friendly than windows vista.
>I don't like it
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHA

>search archives
>not a pasta
go back to plebbit

>I've been here for 10 years, and I've never once questioned the majority vote

sad

I've forced myself through two episodes since several people told me "it's really great! You have to just give it a chance!"
It's fucking retarded.
8/10 attempt

This. He was fine before. They turned him into an exagerated failure.

Amy was great at the beginning too. She was the female Sheldon, now she is just a booooring normie (with some bad acting). Before she was an interesting nerd. Also, I have to say, she actually looked atractive because of her being uptight and asexual. Now, because the way she acts, like some "emphatic normie", she even looks ugly.

Bernadette is too annoying sometimes.

Everyone has changed, now it's not centered on nerd activities, just normalcore relationships. it's not bad, but I miss the nerd activities that made the show.

TBBT should do an episode where in their universe a really crappy show called The Large Explosion Hypothesis gets really popular. Penny thinks it's funny, the jewish nerds and the Indian nerd think it's meh, but don't really care that much and just don't watch it, but Sheldon absolutely spergs out and goes on massive autistic rants about how this is not what nerds are like, and it's just a crappy show, etc. etc.

Eventually Sheldon gets so annoying Leonard drives him to the studio where he meets the creators of Large Explosion Hypothesis (played by the creators of TBBT) and starts complaining to them about it. They sit him down and explain to him that sometimes there are shows that aren't aiming for high brow or elitist humour, sometimes they just want to produce 26 episodes per year that are easy watching and have few silly gags. And if that's not your thing, that's fine, just don't watch it. But don't be autistic about other people liking it.

Sheldon goes home satisfied and in the closing scene he sits down to watch the new Large Explosion Hypothesis. In their universe a new show called Giant Boom Premise debuts, and the main character in LEH spergs out about that show. Sheldon realises the show's creators are mocking him, and immediately jumps on an anonymous imageboard to bitch about the show.

I thought it was okay until every character became massively exaggerated and they basically ran out of actual star trek / comic references so they just made every guy have a relationship. First 2 seasons are comfy tier. Everything else is trash.

you're entirely right

>BISMUTH

Its faux-despised in these parts because people hate their story being stolen from them and sanitised / mainstream-ised, especially if its part mockery. The other thing is the show is nerd-dom without the real, serious pain that is its reality.

Its isn't really despised though, I mean its a funny fucking show. Edgelords here don't want to agree with a portrait someone holds up of them no matter how its done.

I like it well enough. People seem to think that because it's about nerd physicists that it has to be some ebin nerd screed to be good, but it's just a comfy multi camera sitcom you can turn your brain off to

Season 5 is about the time I stopped caring about it

>unironically taking Sup Forums's shit opinions seriously

That's where you fucked up user. BBT is comfy as fuck.

Oh my God the layers

youtube.com/watch?v=fh-jkxMGTsc

youtube.com/watch?v=N1sAiQ_VLHw

seriously consider suicide

First 3 seasons are fine. Then the characters develop little by little with the introduction of new characters and it goes to shit.

Chuck Lorre sitcoms are the equivalent of daytime soap operas for middle aged normies and you shouldn't feel bad for enjoying them, but you should be embarrassed to admit that you like them in polite company.

This show would still be good if they had killed or written off the Bernadette and Amy characters. They killed the series tßh.

>modern sheldon

>I've watched 5 seasons of The Big Bang Theory in the space of 2 days.

You are now clinically retarded

even Sheldon Cooper has a gf user, how come you don't have one?

I never leave the house

I feel like you deserve at least one (you). Not sure if pasta though.

if you can relate to any character in this show you are a turbo normie and you need to gtfo

>"user, do you like this show? They're just like you!"

Fuck you mom.

I admit I've watched it when it's like the only thing on at 2pm or 2am on a weekday or something, it's not awful but it's certainly not good.

>makes you feel less special

this is where your shitty bait falls apart. Nerds know they are not 'special', that word is for asshole chads and stacys. FUCK OFF.

this deserves a (You)

>I've never played D&D with a girl before.
>Don't worry, sweetie. No one has!

What did she mean by this?

That episode when he dates Penny, after a successful flirting with her, his real talent for drawing... Where is that character now?

>Hey sheldon do you want to play super bario world on your bintenbo 64
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Howard really got the better deal out of the group.

>Gets the sexy, busty, smart, blonde microbiologist
>Leonard gets the dumb slut who only settled for him because she's getting older and her acting career's going nowhere. He even acknowledges this, yet still married her.
>Sheldon gets some ugly bitch with a below average body. At least she's smart.
>Raj gets no one. His parents still tolerating him being a bachelor at his age. Maybe they've given up on him ever procreating with a female?

Hehe, what do you expect?

>The Jew wins

What did Chuck Lorre mean by this?

quality analysis friend seriously.
But why did you keep watching?

So what you're saying is, it's worth watching up until Leonard and Penny date and then I should stop?

tbbt is fucking shit
>get high
>put tbbt on while doing other shit
>tbbt is fucking hilarious

it's dishonest TV making

i'd watch this kino

>op will defend this

don't have anyone to go with?
>Honest tv making is a thing
user pls

I heard an episode the other day that was literally 25 minutes of Sheldon shilling features of the xbox one and ps4 while deciding which to buy. Why the fuck would I ever watch this show.

It's become shit. Used to be good like most shows

>This show makes you feel less special.
>The "geeks" in this show make you feel less like a snowflake because there's parts of you that are the same as the main characters... and they end up having everything you wish you had... so you feel like you're comparing yourself to these people and because you're not as popular, successful etc... you hate it.

this is a good point

i never went out of my way to watch it, but at my old house i would usually be cooking dinner around the same time tbbt was on, i have seen a lot of the first few seasons episodes and most of the time, it was worth the chuckled while semi paying attention to it.

My biggest gripe with it is not meme man though, its johny galeki. I just find him so incredibly unnatractive that it totally suspends my disbelief about everything else. I don't beleive penny would ever go for him, if this was the real world she would be on tinder and constantly getting propositioned, she wouldn't be stuck in that apartment long she is totally banging.

Also as with most sitcoms the laugh tracks really start to bother me after many viewing... it becomes to predicable and I hate when I think back about something happening in a show and the laugh track is there in my memory.

I think you were spot on about why it upset nerds though because you are right, it makes the actual nerds be like well well wtf i am i have a great job and play dnd and meme about star trek why cant i have a sexy girlfriend just move in next door to me!

Funny? No. But it is the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Yes. Seriously each episode following the boy geek and his pals from Sheldon's apartment as they engage in pseudo intellectual shenanigans has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the laugh track, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of humor, all to make science seem unscientific, to make the funny seem unfunny.

Perhaps the die was cast when Cendrowski vetoed the idea of Jodorowski directing the series; he made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody; just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his other shows, such as Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverly Place. The Big Bang Theory might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-El Topo series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least his other shows were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the shows were terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character spoke a line, the director played a laugh track.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that laugh track was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Cendrowski's mind is so governed by laugh tracks that he has no other style of directing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of The Big Bang Theory by Neil deGrasse Tyson. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are watching The Big Bang Theory at 21 or 22, then when they get older they will go on to read my books." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you watch "The Big Bang Theory" you are, in fact, trained to read Neil deGrasse Tyson.

>here for 10 years
>listens to /tv's suggestions

ha! enjoy your bait

It used to be less shitty. It was never good.

Wasn't he siupposed to be gay at one point? Whatever happened to that?

ye wtf

I'm pretty sure the dorky, uncool fuckwit Jew guy and the poo in loo Indian guy were written by a Sup Forumslack.

triggered

TBBT is funny.
But the relationship from s3 onwards sucks.
S1 and 2 are legitimately good.

if they actually did an episode like that it would be good