REPORT ON MY DESK TOMORROW MORNING, MULDER

REPORT ON MY DESK TOMORROW MORNING, MULDER.

I just started season 7. The mythology is losing me quite a bit (Navaho translating alien artefacts? Mulder has ESP and then doesn't) but the MOTW still are some great stuff.

FUCK YOU Skinner you stupid fucking piece of shit. Why don't you get a file from your BOYFRIEND cancer man you dumb FAGGOT asshole. *spits in skinners face*

>your BOYFRIEND cancer man
it's like you never read slash or looked at the photo

Get out of my office. There are going to be consequences for this, Mulder.

*closeup of Skinner looking annoyed*
*credits roll*
*none of this is ever mentioned again*

>it's a Mulder and Scully catch Skinner dressed in women's underwear and wearing lipstick in his office episode

>it's a shadow government knows that mulder is dangerous but let him stay alive because they think he's more dangerous dead than alive and they think they can turn him to their side yet he causes nothing but trouble for them for years

>but the MOTW still are some great stuff.
Yet funny how you posted a pic from one of the few truly awful ones.

Funny how wrong you are.

Where was the episode where Skinner lept over the desk and German suplexed Mulder into a coma?
The man could do it
He had like 50 lbs on him

Yeah. I don't think I ever got that.
Did they ever really explain why they didn't assassinate him and cover it up?

He's controlled opposition. Notice how he repeatedly inconveniences them, but never actually succeeds in blowing their cover.

For example, if they didn't have Mulder to rely on then the Lone Gunmen folks would start working on their own more, which would be another big problem. They also used Mulder to clean up their mess sometimes, or to help push an agenda without being suspected.

Really he was a very useful tool

>Did they ever really explain why they didn't assassinate him and cover it up?
They think that if they assassinate him, all the crazies would rally behind his death and do... something?

And also, they could get him to be bait/misdirection by feeding him bullshit and having all the crazies believe him

Mulder was implied repeatedly to be extremely famous in fringe theory groups of all kinds. He was pretty much "the guy on the inside" that everybody knew about and appeared all the time in tabloids.

If he died suddenly and mysteriously, then it would not only martyr him but be strong evidence of a shadow government trying to silence him.

Funny how objectively right I am.

>Notice how he repeatedly inconveniences them, but never actually succeeds in blowing their cover.
The part I left off at he infiltrates and escapes a secret Russian slave labor/human experimentation camp with ties to US officials, and that's just the parts I can remember of this silly story. I'd say that's too close for comfort

Yeah, unfortunately, the series mythology arc becomes rather listless towards the end of the run.

That's what happens when you never plan anything out

The main mythos got really convoluted with "[This person of Mulder's family is really alive]" like 10 times over

This is why I stop paying attention the second a mythology episode appears.

Some of them are good

Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man is one

I think you can take them in a bubble for the first 3 or so seasons and still really enjoy them. That train episode is top notch. Once they introduce bees it all goes to shit

>it's a scully goes out on a date with the series' main antagonist episode

See, that one was the one that broke me. I just couldn't get into it.

I'd say the first two seasons or so they were okay and even interesting. But how many times can we have Scully forget that she saw aliens with her own two eyes? Multiple times?

I can see why you wouldn't like Musings
I think it embraced the series burgeoning irony about itself

X-Files is best when it doesn't take itself totally serious

it has its ups and downs but generally everything up to the movie is pretty good. They should have stopped after the mytharc after the movie though

Hopefully they get Vince Gilligan or Frank Spotnitz at least for season 11, the myth episodes in 10 are genuinely the worst episodes of the show

>X-Files is best when it doesn't take itself totally serious

That's why Post Modern Prometheus is one of the best episodes.

>Hopefully they get Vince Gilligan or Frank Spotnitz at least for season 11
Hopefully they get more darin morgan, because he's really the only thing worth writing home about in s10.

It really is

It's also why Bad Blood is the universally agreed "Best episode"

Sure thing skinman

I think it had to do more with Cancer Man protecting him for being his son, he definitely favored Fox to Jeff whom he experimented on viciously.

>It's also why Bad Blood is the universally agreed "Best episode"
But it's not even close to that. It's a toss-up between jose chung's and clyde bruckman's final repose.

true, but as long as he doesn't direct his scripts again. I enjoyed Weremonster a lot but I feel it was worsened by his direction. Having all the writers direct their scripts in s10 was the biggest misstep I feel, get some new blood in there, or Gilligan, that guy can direct for sure.

Jose Chung wins for the Ayy Lmao meme

Ayyyyyy

I'll also say out of the new episodes the one with the lizard-man was also the best one, and to me one of the best of the whole show.

You could see David was phoning it in, and he wanted to leave the series, he was starting a Hollywood career.

scully though always classy and gave her all.

>mfw seeing it the first time and realizing where the meme came from

Probably because David was leaving

and that cameo

I didn't find anything wrong with his direction, but maybe I'm too in love with his scripts to notice. Can you share what you found objectionable about it?

>it's a mulder finds a lady to flirt with and Scully spends the entire episode making that face and being passibe aggressive episode

Why did they decide to scrap this scene?

good fanfic

What was his fucking problem?

The Cigarette Smoking Man says himself to Krycek in a season two episode that the reason Mulder is left alive is because killing him could turn "one man's religion into a crusade". I remembered it because it's a good line and actually makes sense.

I'm telling you, Skinner, pizzagate is REAL! Hillary Clinton is laundering LOLIS!

this thread need more scully

>911

You mean Skuller. It needs more Muldie, actually.

What did they mean by this?

you got that right

>it's a Skinner gets the electric chair and becomes a supernatural entity episode

You know whats freaky is that Law and Order SVU and X Files are in the same universe

Jeeeeesus did Ramen actually get away with this

They might have went a little too far on that one.

Bateman?

I can't help but feel as though I lost interest in the Mythos episodes after Erlenmeyer Flask. The moment that little frozen alien appeared, the magic was gone.

ayy bump

>"What happened to Mulder?"
>"Mulder died of typhus."
>"Tragic."

Yeah; what the fuck.

Scariest episode? I give my vote to "Detour."

You're kidding, right? Probably The Host.

>I'm supposed to believe that's a real name?

TAPE?

Illegal aliens?

>It's a Skinner is trying to help Mulder and Scully but looks suspicious episode.

bad blood is what r/funny thinks the darin morgan episodes are like

>his real life is too fantastical even for fiction

Y'ALL DON'T KNOW WHAT DUANE BARRY BEEN THROUGH

MOLDARR

oh god dont remind me daily of that shit show, its true the first seasons were good but since season 5 it became a parody and the finale was the lamest thing ever, this is a troll show.

How did Mulder survive not having sex for like five years, especially with that hot redhead right in front of his nose?

But then all her character's development goes down the rail in season 8.

I only remember that one episode with the killer bees, when Mulder becomes fond of that micro biologist.

>You can't kill me i'm a nobody, i have nothing to live fo-

He was a dedicated man.

Did cancer man actually do anything wrong?

>Watching that TV show on netflix about revealing the secrets of magic tricks that Mitch Pileggi hosted
>The writers have him making INCREDIBLY creepy lewd comments about all the female assistants
>Laughing my ass off, continuing to watch for all the wrong reasons

Best ones were the Toombs ones. Probably the most outright terrifying episodes.

He's contained him quite effortlessly in 1 or 2 episodes, yes

The one that's actually banned

>it's a scully falls asleep as the alien mothership breaks out of the ice and clearly flys away in front of them episode

How dare you.

>killer bees, when Mulder becomes fond of that micro biologist.

you mean cockroaches and entomoylogist?

That one. It's been a while.

I want to examine his body if you know what I mean.