Question:

What is up with Texas being the most separatist state in the US? I hear about it All the time on Sup Forums. Can any burger redpill me on why is that so?
Also why do americans endorse confederate states so much if they are mostly populated by niggers,not to mention there's Florida included?
Are confederates Ok with this idea,or are they competely delusional about removing dindus, once/if secession happens?

Other urls found in this thread:

drtinfo.org/education/republic-of-texas-2/boundaries-of-the-republic-of-texas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_San_Jacinto
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump with pic very related

Texas was an independent republic and can still secede at anytime. It also has the power to divide into 5 separate states without permission from congress.

They were their own republic for 12 years so they think they're special.

Texas used to be an independent country for 9 years before joining the United States.

They've never forgotten this and they hold it over the other states like it makes them better. Its all bullshit since the independent state of Texas was populated entirely with US citizens to start with. If you ask them about it they'll rant and rave about freedom and guns but never make a coherent point.

t. Northerner who knows Texas got BTFO in the Civil War

Population wise, it has a significant secessionist presence. Percentage wise, that title goes to the state of Vermont... Don't ask.

that's fucked. Is there any other states capable of doing that?

doubtful. Texas is a huge state and economy. if it seceded, the US would be fucked.

Texas was an independent country for ten years and is big. They also have their own power grid.

It's the other way around. US would get bitter and shutdown any attempts for Texas to get bigger. Other countries also recognize the dollar, now whatever tender Texas would come up. It would be a huge blow to US, no doubt, but it would be an even bigger mistake for us if we left.

KEKLIFORNIA

Texas would be fucked as soon as oil ran out.

Texas leaving the US is more akin to Scotland leaving the UK than the UK leaving the EU. In the short run Texas would win and the US would be shook a bit, in the long run Texas would be annexed by Mexico and the US would rebound easily

Oh i didnt know Texas had this impact desu. But there's no secession movement relevant enough or on the rise for that to happen,right?
Wasn't the governor or something of commiefornia claiming some separatist movement in case Trump was elected?was that just a meme?

Texas was independent for a while. They also have a very strong patriotic sentiment for their state. I don't know why, but people in Texas are more proud if their state than any other American. It's just their culture.

And secession is illegal. Texas can't secede. Texas won't secede.

You're right. Fellow Texanfag here. We would be sort of screwed especially with oil the way it is and our close proximity to Meixco. I would rather America just wake the fuck up already like Great Britain did.

I definitely don't support Texas seceding but I've got my guns and I'll go down shooting regardless if we do and we're attacked by Mexico

no they cant secede, we had a war to settle this question. They can split into 5 though.

Am of Portuguese descent, moved down to Texas. I suggest it if you aren't going to be a fag. Work hard, buy a gun, help us remove californians, bring me linguica.

It isn't even separatist

>And secession is illegal. Texas can't secede.
Yeah? Where's the law that says so?

>They can split into 5 though.
Already did that - 6 states, actually. Texas, plus Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico.

what's with all these fucking foreigners suddenly talking about texas

fuck off shills

Its because i made a thread on it and it blew up farther then i expected it too it was a mistake on my part

Its just a funny idea, don't worry about it too much.

Texas could fairly easily be an independent country and was one for a fairly short time, but there's really not a lot of good reasons to.

dont worry

it trends every like 5-10 years here

itll never happen

No Texas cannot secede.
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia stated, "If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede." - wiki

That being said, aside from the fruit cakes no one wants to seceed. Texas Instruments, IBM, AMD, and a slew of thousands of large and small businesses, let alone 15 military bases, hospitals, training centers, the IRS...

Come on!

Rational Americans who live in Texas 26.96M
Fucking fruit cakes who talk of secession 30.

because they could secede and thrive

Texas v. White ruling

And Air Force

>Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
Is dead and buried.

We blame every country we were ever part of for holding us down, so secession fantasies help us sleep at night.

The reality is:

There are twenty one US military bases in Texas.
We have the second highest GDP of all the states.
We like to feel and act superior to the rest of the country.

We're not going anywhere until there's no Union to secede from.

>it's illegal!

Lol god you people sound stupid. Who cares if it's illegal, it's a fucking succession

Many things congress has done is illegal under Constiutional Law and therefore we are living under a tyrannical federal government.

It's a matter of perspective.

Not a law. That "ruling" was based solely on the preamble to the constitution, that because it said the goal was a "more perfect union" then a state leaving would imply that the union wasn't perfect, hence violated the constitution. Fucking laughable logic, and the only reason the SC wasn't laughed off the bench was the Union needed a retroactive excuse for what they'd done.

The Air National Guard? All states have their own air force militias.

And yet, the SCOTUS ruling is still binding according to the constitution.

Fuck you, I'm calling for a TEXIT

Hundreds of yeara of being culturally isolated and constantly being treated like underclass citizens by the government

See: average federal health, education, and infrastructure spending per capita.

Also they would be one of the 4 or 5 states that can secede and succeed independently.

TEXIT IS NEXTIT

so's the 2nd and 10th amendments. If the actual constitution is no longer the law of the land why the hell should some comical opinion by a war profiteer who bought his position on the Supreme Court retain its place on a pedestal?

>And secession is illegal. Texas can't secede.
Secession from the British Empire was illegal. Independence movements are rarely "legal". This Brexit thing is an anomaly.

Britain entered legally with terms of exit being defined.

Most cases where a state or area tries to leave "illegally" the area or state was not acquired by legal matter in the first place.

The formation of Texas was part of a larger plan to establish n the US. The Texit seeks to deterritorrialize the US and Mexico. The La Paz sidebar outlines the plan.

When is this meme going to die?

Imho it's dumb because Texas also has the largest amount of hispanics out of any state (along with California and Florida).
It's one of the least white states in the country.
Not to mention East Texas (near Louisiana) and Houston/Dallas are filled to the brim with niggers.

The American culture is founded heavily on the beliefs of individualism and equal oppurtunity. We are a culture found on the idea of being an underdog who overcame grand obstacles to be the best of the best. We are a culture found on an extremely diverse field of thoughts and opinions.
Put that together with the fact that the US is currently looking rather liberal and Texas is extremely conservative as well as the epitome of the idea of 'Old American Values' and you get this kind of thing. It's really just a meme and Texans know they don't truly want independence, it's just a matter of people loving the idea of Freedom.

The second amendment still exists, though I'll give you the tenth.

Not true, Kansas was partitioned out of the Louisiana territory, as well as most of the other states here. Texas was part of Mexico until they won their independence. The 5 states would be partitioned out of the current borders. Which would never happen.

I'm ok if trump doesn't win

I don't want to be apart of the Ted Cruz 's assblast brigade and miss out on Trump while we're stuck with mr. Israel

Don't lump wetbacks and tejanos. Tejanos were here when we all (anglos and tejanos) decided to rebel against mexico, and fought side by side with anglos at goliad, the alamo, and san jacinto. They're based as fuck, and hate the illegals even more than the whites do.

Texas has an overinflated, yet undeserved, pride.

Right. The treaty of Hidalgo and what not gave them a choice to stay in the US and they chose correctly.

no if it seceded the rest of america would roll in the tanks and force them back into the union, there is no way the feds would allow any state of the union to seceded.

Not true, Kansas was partitioned out of Texas as well.

drtinfo.org/education/republic-of-texas-2/boundaries-of-the-republic-of-texas

Even if Texas left he Union (which will never happen) Mexico would never dare to attack Texas, because america

The law is the US military not letting Texas leave

>>They can split into 5 though.
>Already did that - 6 states, actually. Texas, plus Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico.

Aaand I'm wrong. The split that broke off the other 5 states and left Texas with its present borders had a clause apecifically stating thst this didn't affect the 'split into 5 states' clause of the articles of accession. This agreement was ratified by both Texas and the US congress. So we still have that.

So you agree that it's a tyranny.

Read up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_San_Jacinto
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Houston

That is why we are strategically waiting for the wall to be build, then we seceed, and only have to worry about these dirty northern yankees

Who wants to be in the same union as Commiefornie? Death to FEDZOG!

Texas is a state that gained its freedom through fighting against a superior enemy. So if you look at how America became independent and how that would inflate your ego, multiply that by what Texas did to Mexico and you can see where our pride comes from.

We also have a fairly successful economy based on strong conservative values. This doesn't fit the narrative of dumb rednecks that liberals spout off. Also consider that Texas is a fairly balanced state with the best chance of surviving if it ever did leave.

Now, the truth is is that any succession movement is minor at best. We just like to say it to piss off non Texans, and it works lol.

I grew up wanting seccession. Went to an all male catholic prep school and many of the Priest and students felt the same way. You could point out the carpetbagger families by who was against it.

>It also has the power to divide into 5 separate states without permission from congress.

We're the motherfucking Voltron state.

There's no point in seceding now.

Texas is a sweaty shithole full of hispanics and blacks. 20 years ago the state might have been worth saving, but today it's overrun by minorities and migrants from lefty cesspools like california.

Ask your average Texan how nice inner city Houston or Dallas is. Ask them if they're looking to move to El Paso any time soon. Texas is done.

The Lone Star State

Almost all states in fact have their own state militias.

They obviously vary in quality. Having a militia doesn't mean you have any actual soldier or anything. Could just be 5 middle aged men that meet in a government space twice a month to gossip about politics.

First brexit, next texas.

Texas used to be their own country. The state has fought off Mexico who wanted it and for several years, prospered by themselves until USA asked them in they wanted to be included in the Union, which they agreed to. All the Tenants, including the Mexican ones, were then citizens.

Texas has basically done things on their own and have lived sort of separate from all this Union drama, even the Civil War, both sides basically just knocked on Texas' door, one to invite, one to tell the news the other lost.

Texas is like every other secessionist state, in that it's this area between two bigger states, Mexico and USA, that pretty much developed independently so they don't feel too attached to the main State.

Confederate States honestly have nothing to do with Texas Secession, only that Texas has the most potent argument for seceding so it's the only real opportunity they have to keep the secession momentum moving.

Because of its history, its economy, having a port, its resources, its agriculture, its oil, and its continuing growing development, Texas always has people who feel like the Union is putting unnecessary pressure and restrictions and so feel that they should just leave and do what they want. Texas is basically the State Rights Meter, the more the Federal Government reduces State power, the more Texans feel like seceding, because as you know, we are called the UNITED STATES of America, not American Union.

Texas is basically the only state that takes the concept of a State in the Union to its purest concept. It very much functions on its own and can continue functioning on its own post-secession.

>as soon as oil ran out
That's cute.

Texas is the biggest red state and second biggest state overall but faggots like Obongo and (most likely) Shillary keep getting elected.

Obongo keeps sending them Muslim refugees.

Now Obongo wants to take away their guns.

Eventually Texas will have had enough and secede.

like New York and Californians aren't worse, get fucking real

>GDP of $225 million
Jesus Christ. What the fuck does Oregon even do? It's not worth the money to put up with Portland's shit.

Only NYC to be fair.

When you're the state taking the brunt of violent illegals, it colours your view of immigration and national government. Texas is also fairly independent, they can return to being a country as before and will see economic success. Texas probably won't secede without other states though.

/thread
This is spot on

> attacked by Mexico
I'm pretty sure you're not a Texan. Any real Texan would jump at the chance to murder spics legally. We would have Mexico city locked up faster than we did last time and this time we are selling your asses to Brazil.

We all know Katrina ruined Houston and Californians ruined Austin

thank you for the (You) I worked hard on that

Scratch that. Outrage now shifted to Vermont.
>GDP of $29 million

I started a company while I was in high school and it was valued at more than that.

True

845 IRA reporting. WHO UP

Texas isn't even American territory anyway, belongs to Aztlan desu baka senpai.

fugg I'm just reading about Texas now. Fucking massive State

979? I think that's what you're doing.

Secession is a fucking meme, everybody talks a big game here but nobody except the real hillbillies actually want to.

903 here, stfu

hey texas bros should i move to your state?

Born and raised Texan here. Lived here for all 30 years of my life:

As young children Texans are taught Texan history alongside U.S. history. We learn about the Texas Revolution in detail and how we were our own nation (the Republic of Texas) for a short while.

We have always been somewhat independent in nature and we tend to not follow the trends of the nation, but think for ourselves. We prefer to take responsibility for our own safety, security, and livelihood in lieu of government intervention whenever possible. It's a point of pride to Texans that Texas is different from all other states. We don't conform to the generalizations of the south, south west, or breadbasket (which are our borders).

We are proud of our heritage. Texans have always distinguished themselves in battle as officers and enlisted in every war since our inception. We developed a robust economy that continues to be larger and more powerful than most sovereign nations. Our state contains a huge variety of geographic diversity, including large plains, steppes, swamps, deserts, and forests. It is a wonderful state for outdoorsmen and rich in resources.

Because of this mindset and education we have always seen ourselves as part of the Union by choice, but not by requirement (legal arguments aside). We believe we are self-sufficient and could survive as an independent nation if wanted or needed.

Yes it is

Easier to understand how it just mind its own business, right? The sheer amount of roads, my friend. Texas is great if you like to vroom vroom

Texit when?

If you actually have any sort of trade-skill, yeah. Land and gas are cheap as fuck, plus you are actually legally able to defend yourself with the law on your side due to our altered version of the force continuum concept in law practice; so yeah. Come on down, bud.

512 lol dont hate me

if california, fuck off we are full
if not, it depends on if youre a fag or not

>Texans have always distinguished themselves in battle as officers and enlisted in every war since our inception
don't forget the time Colorado's militia destroyed your entire army in a single day.

we lured the retarded Texans into a box canyon and then just slaughtered them like pigs.

you guys were a joke during the civil war.

now youre the weed lmao state

Texans live inna shithole so they're constantly shifting focus.

It's pure fucking autism.

Oh shit Texbro we're close. 979 here.

got a bs in accounting and i can do physical shit because i'm still in my 20's.

i'm from new york but i'm posting here in earnest. so i hope this passes your fag test. any other requirements?

teaching Texans their own history.

The weed state that's such a cuck weed isn't even recreationaly legal, lol.