I'm disappointed Sheriff Truman's not returning for Season 3

I'm disappointed Sheriff Truman's not returning for Season 3.

michael a cool

obv has his reasons for not returning. respect.

slap shot sequel when?

Idk, retirement alone is not a valid excuse when you're the deuteragonist from a beloved cult classic

ever never

Been there, seen it, done it, kinda guy I reckon

I read that he was very enthusiastic about being Truman again at one point. No real info on why he declined to return though. Could be anything, really.

He's an awful actor. I remember watching a movie with George Clooney years ago, something about a white hawaian family, and he showed up and I prayed he'd not appear for long. Turns out he didn't even spoke in his scene, I think. All the better.

I wouldn't mind a small, minor cameo just for sake of the series.

As much as it sucks, Robert Forster's a great choice to replace him

He plays a stern and reserved straight man. Doesn't necessarily make him a bad actor because his characterization is bland.

>No real info on why he declined to return though. Could be anything, really.
1. He's officially retired from acting.
2. There are unsubstantiated rumors this is because he's suffering from early-onset Alzheimers and doesn't wish to go public with it.

He wasn't that good of an actor anyway. Remember every episode after Josie died?

I haven't gotten there yet.

>Remember every episode.

Fix'd for you.

sorry

learning that Jack Nance's character eventually dies hit me harder than anything else could

>tfw when I've seen his cute dick in american perfekt
I fucking love this man.

Well I mean you don't know that for sure

>character
>character
Fuck you

PUT
IT
DOWN

The book that came out last year confirms that him and Andrew die. Audrey lives though

>1. He's officially retired from acting.
Retirement had nothing to do with it. He was obviously willing to come out of retirement for the role. He was thrilled about it, and even started looking for his original jacket. He couldn't find it, so he got a replica. Then, he mysteriously backed out. From what I've read online from one of the guys who runs one of the Twin Peak fan twitters, he's a pretty weird guy.

the book isnt canon to s3.
lynch confirmed this a few weeks ago at some tp event.

That's not really his fault though, that's the fault of whoever took that take.
Also, he was a decent actor for the time Twin Peaks aired in. TV actors were rarely as good as anyone in motion pictures. David Lynch even changed his original opinion about him.

It is canon (at least on Mark's side of Twin Peaks), it's just full of details that aren't required for the new season. Lynch may not say it's canon, but there's nothing Mark would have put in that book that wouldn't be compatible with the new season.

I wonder how Mark feels about David declaring his book non canon? I mean, he is one of the creators. I imagine inside, he might be a little pissed.

pretty sure the book is canon

it sets up what is presumably the premise of s3