Does Sup Forums like The Founder?

Does Sup Forums like The Founder?

I saw it today
I give it a 6.5/10

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rVkA6vESypE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was shit.

Glad keaton's career is back in the shitter where it belongs.

what made it shit user?

Haven't seen it yet, but I want to.

i'll see it tuesday when tickets are $4

more like the flounder, it was shit

Is this a story that really needed to be told?

>turns a quality family burger restaurant into a soulless worldwide conglomerate, creating hundreds of copycats and fucking food service in the united states and the world by delivering unhealthy cheap slop that your fat ass doesn't even need to get out of the car to eat
>lel funny old man michael keaton

>i'll see it tuesday when tickets are on the value menu

> from the producers of Mac and Me

That joke is funnier than I thought you thought it would be.

What do McDonalds and internet movie critics have in common
Rotten tomatoes

wtf I love 78627674 now!

>DUDE THE FUCKING EVIL CORPORATIONS ARE HOLDING US DOWN MAN
dumb commie redditor

> when Keaton personally tossed out a Muslim customer and threw french fries on him saying "I guess fries DO go with that sheik"
What was Raimi thinking

>that scene where we discover every McDonalds has a "McBunker" because Ray Kroc always intended to commit suicide in one like his hero Adolf Hitler

For what it was supposed to be? A semi-fictional historical docudrama, it was a 9/10. It was well-paced, well-acted, Keaton was entertaining in every scene he was a part of, and I was genuinely interested to see what would happen next throughout the flick.

> the historical reenactment of GG Allin and the fries

I think they may have gone a little too far in some places.

Nice try Keaton, but 3 strikes and you're out of the Oscar race. Birdmab and Spotlight were noble efforts, but this didn't have the hype.

I was really put off by the part where he dressed as Grimace to see the working conditions and the entire scene was from inside the suit focusing on small children.

> "The signs should read 'Six million since 1939' "
Really, Ray? Really?

youtube.com/watch?v=rVkA6vESypE

Founder is shit but Mac and Me is kino

>that bit where The Founder is spanking the chinese prostitute and realizes her ass would be a nice logo for his new company
pure Michael Kino

Back2capeshit

kek underrated

how come redmeme gets blasted for going 2 for 2 oscar bait when keaton is literally trying to shit out a biopic every year?

the difference is that keaton doesnt have talent. thats why hes reduced to playing forgettable marvel villains in his spare time.

I don't really want to watch a 2 hour commercial

> I don't really want to watch a movie made by the US or China

>dude what if we did the social network
>but with mcdonalds

I feel the same way. If it was about Generic Burger Joint and it had the same story I'd probably watch it VOD

How did they not get sued by mcdonalds for making this?

>that dream sequence of Ronald McDonald wrestling Burger King in a locker room in nothing but jockstraps

It didn't really fit the tone.

that Anus guy told the Shin Godzilla actors to speak as fast as possible (or else their scenes would be cut) because he thought that's what made The Social Network kino

how did the Escape from Tomorrow guy not get sued by Disney?

just what you'd expect from the hack shitbag, Mr. Anus

That's where he's going

>"What if we made the Big Mac...bigger. A 'Grand Mac' if you will"
>"You're a funny guy Ray. Maybe in the year two thousand fuckin seventeen when a computer takes your order and we're livin on fuckin Mars"

Ray Kroc gave us MCdonalds

kek

This

Failed Oscar bait
It might not seem so but this is nu-Oscar bait, chasing the success of films like Wolf of Wall Street

from herbie movies to mcdonald's shilling, poor guy

i'd give it a 7/10

It's not his fault fat fuck Americans can't handle themselves

the founder was so much better that wolf of wallstreet.

Is that why it's in literally every country in the world?

Kroc is an unlikable piece of shit.

At least Wolf of Wall Street had Scorcese.
True white collar kino though is shit like Moneyball or Margin Call.

McDonalds menu did actually become slop with time. Shrinking beef patties and all that. Muh "milkshakes have milk again" doesn't justify much.

Why didn't they ever mention Ronald?

there's are millions of biographies that would've been more interesting

mention 10

Nigga, it's not about that. It's about Ray Kroc, the man and that's it.

No story "needs to be told", someone wanted to tell this story so they did.

I liked it. An interesting story.

>tickets are $4 on Tuesday
Fuck those theaters, every one around me is $10 every day, even mornings. It's fucking bullshit, I remember even asking why it was $10.75 on a weekday morning and the fag just said it's always been like that, which I know for a fucking fact it hasn't been

>78627213
i like keaton but seeing this trailer was the most uninspired shit. I usually like "how it began" stories but fuck me this looks like i could sleep in the theaters