Maybe there is a god?

I'm an atheist, but at this point, I wonder if there may end up being a god after all.

>Rainbows after the shooting in Orlando.
>The rain and thunder save Britain.
>The revelations of Kek, the god of chaos and the bringer of light.

If there is a god, I hope that the SJWs will one day learn the errors of their ways and finally realize that self loathing will be the end of them. Can we survive the next five years in tact?

Would it take an act of god to save our world?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HiN6Ag5-DrU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

> implying gods aren't man made

>Can we survive the next five years in tact?

I can't think of a tactful reply.

There is a God, OP. Believe and you shall receive.

>keep your Judaic Christian non white garbage out of here !

>implying humans aren't god made

Maybe...

>implying God didn't make man, then man made gods before God brought them back

What

I genuinely fucking wish there was a god so all the SJW's can burn forever. Even if I go with them. I don't give a fuck. Careful Sup Forums you're gonna cut yourself on my edge.

yes.

Kill yourself kike!

Better watch your shit m8. Sup Forums made Sup Forums. If the mods hadn't fucked that board to oblivion, Sup Forums would still be the defacto meme factory of Sup Forums. Sup Forums's rise is on the backs of hard-working Sup Forumsartan refugees.

>me
>cutting myself with your baby edge
My fucking sides, you know nothing about me.
Hang yourself with your guts.

If there is a god, it's old euro pagan, Buddhist or Hindu. No rational reason there would be only 1

Praise KEK

Damn!

I know an agnostic doesn't know if there's a god or not

I know an atheist know there is no god

but what do you call somebody who doesn't care? I have never seen why god was important or why we should care if he exists or not.

I have a few questions I'm hoping a few Sup Forumsacks can answer.

How can anyone know whether or not there is a God if nobody here is dead or ever has been dead?

Is Britain basically like Australia now where it's both a country and a continent?

Is the most basic concept of Heaven that you sit on a cloud with the spirits other dead people all day? If so, wouldn't that get pretty boring after a while?

I'm an athiest too but that wouldn't stop a god from influencing us if the "reality is a simulation" meme turns out to be right and we are, as some believe, glorified self-aware npcs. If we're fictional, god could also be a work of fiction, doesn't mean he isn't still out there.

I've been using the term "deist" though I think that's supposed to have Christian connotations (which I don't intend).

I do believe there's Weird Shit that goes on. Weirder than normal happenstance can account for. Not gonna say it's the God of Christianity or Islam. Actually pretty sure it's not quite that. But it's something.

Used to be atheist but seen too many wierd-as-shit coincidence to still believe there's nothing going on.

I now think you can only be atheist if you're young, blind or just willfully ignorant of what goes on around you.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HiN6Ag5-DrU

Even humouring the idea of there being a god out there((and there is fuck-all reason for any of us to believe there is))
it will have zero fucks to give about the actions of the tiny meat particals on that one water covered speck orbiting that much larger hot-speck in the vastness of the void.

Fucking accept sky daddy's nonexistince so you can go on with living your lives.

Your wonder is what directs you towards God's location.

The basic unit of spirituality is the symbol. The spirit is made up of symbols, just as the body is made up of cells.

Religions can be as tyrannical as tyrannical governments, but that doesn't mean that religion, or government, is intrinsically bad.

Christianity is beautiful. I think I was brought into belief by Emily Dickinson and John Milton. They are the gentlest guides and spiritual friends I could have asked for.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

I grew up atheist, but that changed later in life.
I'll tell you one thing: God's real.
And he loves you more than you could possibly comprehend.
You should really listen to the words that Jesus said.
Goodluck on your journey.

fuck off
there is no god
there's only us
stop selling out mankind for your gay lord

>How can anyone know whether or not there is a God if nobody here is dead or ever has been dead?
Just listem and believe.
>Is the most basic concept of Heaven that you sit on a cloud with the spirits other dead people all day?
Basically in heaven you just praise God and bssk in his glory all the time.

>How can anyone know whether or not there is a God if nobody here is dead or ever has been dead?

(Romans 1:20) For his invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable;

(Psalm 145:18) Jehovah is near to all those calling upon him, To all those who call upon him in trueness.

(Jeremiah 23:23) “Am I a God nearby,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and not a God far away?”

>Is Britain basically like Australia now where it's both a country and a continent?

No, in Britain, Muslims are trying to kill you, in Australia Emu's are trying to kill you.

>Is the most basic concept of Heaven that you sit on a cloud with the spirits other dead people all day? If so, wouldn't that get pretty boring after a while?

The Bible uses the words "heavens" to speak of different things. First is the literal sky within the atmosphere of the earth. second in the literal universe itself, third is the dimension outside both the universe and quantum mechanics where all infinities connect. This would be around the 11th plane of existence. Humans currently live in the 3rd dimension of existence with a slight awareness of the 4th(time).

That is where God resides. That is beyond our capability to understand just as "space" is beyond a 2 dimensional flat-lander to understand.

That's where the angels, Jesus, and Jehovah live.

Anyone who doesn't believe in God is a terrorist.

Jesus loves you.

I'll pray on your behalf.

>Speaking for God

Right, so if we assume there is a creator (which you don't believe), he created us just to ignore us?

ITT: People who sincerely believe a jew on a stick is the dankest meme in human history

You will find out soon enough. I just need to get my shot together.

They are all 90% white.
Nigger Christians don't achive the sciences any better then nigger non-Christians.
Christianity does not grant intrinsic knowledge of the universe.

Go fish.

when the mudskin hordes start invading, what will be a more effective weapon for us to drive them back?

1) our dead god on a stick, who's been around for 2000 years and isn't going anywhere
2) your fedora, which has already gone completely out of fashion?

turn your heart to God, heathen

>2000 years

1) negro, Christianity was adopted by Rome in 395 and didn't reach it's current form until about 1500 AD. Your religion is less than 500 years old. Learn some fucking history.

2) It's a trilby, learn the difference

gr8 bater mater

Christians are fucking Jews what did you expect

Hell most Christians think Judaism came from Christianity!

Brexit made me believe

Gods, not god.

>Not worshipping Kek
Did you learn nothing from Brexit?!

I can't wait to bask in the GLORY.

Who is selling anyone out? He just said he believes in God. Why does that make you butthurt?

Maybe that's how the Illuminati wants the CIA to think.

I personally believe that God is a supreme mystery, incomprehensible and unknowable. We may hypothesize, but in the end each person is accountable for his own beliefs. That can never change.

I therefore believe it is hypocritical of any religion to punish or tell anyone they are wrong for not following "the proper way" of worship or not believing in "the proper way."

Even believing the Bible was written or decreed by God is non-sensical and inconsistent with the basic accepted ideas about God, in my opinion. But the point is, I don't judge anyone for doing so; I never assume someone is stupid or ignorant for believing in it.

After all, it's not like they've taken a class in my philosophy, which I do not teach.

physics tho

I am agnostic so I have no concrete beliefs. But quit acting like science is atheist-only territory.

PRAISE KEK FOR THINE CONSECUTIVE INTEGERS

I believe in God. Talk to me long enough and so will you, but a belief in God does not discredit the absolute need for scepticism.

>>Rainbows after the shooting in Orlando.
Possibly cloud seeding.
>>The rain and thunder save Britain.
Coincidence and warming of arctic can cause extra rain.
>>The revelations of Kek, the god of chaos and the bringer of light.
But where do these revelations come from?

>Would it take an act of god to save our world?
It will take an act of humans with divine inspiration. We are what we all are.

That doesn't rebutt the possibility of its existence, the combined human consciousness of shared ideas and "the conversation" is itself something that grows, develops, learns and seems to have will. The implications of shared will even shapes human evolution.

Don't even get me started on polytheism's implications to fiction or self identity.

Careful when you call Jesus the God.

Except that there is, all the natural laws of the universe are interconnected, even the laws that govern human consciousness arise from the external world.

How long is a piece of string? How many gods are there? Both are null questions.

Personal experience and rational beliefs. The easier the argument for a certain God exists, necessarily the stronger that particular God is. This is why "my God exists because my holy book" is necessarily a weak God because any post enlightenment human can point out the circular argument.

>Is the most basic concept of Heaven that you sit on a cloud with the spirits other dead people all day? If so, wouldn't that get pretty boring after a while?
Correct, heaven is fallacious. The alternative is preaching a concept that consciousness is trapped in the material world, which is easily perverted into something scary, despite the current condition of humanity being pleasurable.

To do science you must assume Christianity is false.

Science relies on uniformity of nature. Christianity supposes miracles a supernatural creator who is able to tamper with results. In order to make sense of science you must presume Christianity to be false

>The alternative is preaching a concept that consciousness is trapped in the material world, which is easily perverted into something scary
Well the thought of the end of the line being eternal nothingness is pretty terrifying.

>that stupid shit convinced you there's a God
>he can't come to this conclusion by logical means

pathetic, you will always be a prole subhuman

Theism = belief in one or multiple gods.
Atheism = lack of belief in gods

You either believe in god or you don't. Agnosticism is a made up concept for people who don't want their faith to affect their fashion rating.

>To do science you must assume Christianity is false.

False, certain Christendom sects contradict science, not the Bible itself. The belief that the earth is 6,000 years old is a heretical doctrine rejected many times in the past from a group called the Fundamentalist. Over time they would slip in to mainstreamers and slipped in the doctrine. The Bible does not teach that the earth is 6 literal days. Days in Hebrew is a loose term that can mean 24 ours to just stages in time.

>Science relies on uniformity of nature. Christianity supposes miracles a supernatural creator who is able to tamper with results. In order to make sense of science you must presume Christianity to be false

Miracles and the supernatural is just mostly knowledge currently beyond our understanding. A virgin getting pregnant is no longer a miracle but science now. A virgin birth is now just invitro-fertilization, a talking snake and demonic posession are advanced forms of puppetry like cartoons, cgi characters, and movie magic puppetry. Angels, demons, Jesus, and God are just extra-dimensional non-corporeal beings like the Q and the Prophets on Star Trek.

>Bible does not teach Creationism
Ask Ken Ham he has a different opinion

>Miracles are just things we don't get
No the Bible makes it very clear that these are god-inspired. Again you must assume miracles are false and that follows that Christianity is false

There are nihilists that found some mental gymnastics to prove otherwise, that being said I actually think this might be a form of virtue signalling or rather rationality signalling. Like, look at me, I'm so rational that nihilism is somehow comforting, I fap to Sartre having one eye on me and the other on my girlfriend's tits, if only he were around to cuck me...
>I'm thinking of you, Hank

Personally, I believe a form of partial reincarnation is the most logical. Complete reincarnation via Hinduism is blown out by population growth. Heaven is blown out by being an intellectually corrupt idea to begin with, but in some contorted way (which could be my own mental gymnastics) doesn't quite contradict partial reincarnation either.

The Catholic church were very quick to shut down Catharism, but exactly what did Jesus mean by being raised up in the kingdom of heaven? Is this not a society ruled by the will of the people under a Christian culture? Where do you think we are and who do you think you are?

We are what we are.

I do believe science and the cosmology of physics should take precedence, yes, but I fail to see why that should shut down all theological conversation.

Miracles are for the weak.

If you had known the candlelight was fire, your meal would have been cooked so long ago. Instead the light burned down the house and all you're left with are charred remains... Because a candlelight was inadequate and you needed to see a burning inferno.

I think the most comforting idea is being reincarnated as a brand new baby without any memory of your previous life.

>I do believe science and the cosmology of physics should take precedence, yes, but I fail to see why that should shut down all theological conversation.
Doesn't have to, but it just implies science should take precedence over religion when examining the world and that the two should not be entwined

>physics disproves god
>there's no way god could have made physics via making THE FUCKING UNIVERSE
All this talk about mental gymnastics is making me hungry.

Then you're stuck reliving the same pains you felt in this life without any foreknowledge to prevent repeating the same mistakes.

See how this works?

In reality your identity is a trifecta of your current bodily physiology and your current accumulation of knowledge, but believe it or not more so your procedural memories and other knowledge than your episodic memories (ie that time you lost it to that ugly girl, because everyone experiences that and so it's not as unique as you want to believe).

Spoiler, your grandchildren will eventually have a similar physiological state and, provided education is considered the highest imperative, will have all the non episodic memories you have and more. It's not you, but it's the best representation of you and thus it's partially reincarnated you.

Life after death with allusions to Christian prophecy.

>should not be entwined
I disagree.

Theology should become a progressively more difficult subject as science consistently refutes theology, leaving theologians to consistently pick up the pieces and weave back together whatever implications are capable.

For instance, if the big bang is true then the theological implication is that at some stage all matter existed in a single point and can therefore be argued all matter was given a destiny at that infinitesimal moment. That one is easy, whether the universe is expanding or contracting is a whole other bag and has the potential to confirm or deny the Hindu belief that all this has happened before and will happen again.

Science leads theology and suddenly theology is interesting again. See how this works?

I ask precious little from anonymous, but I want you to accept this is the right path. I'm not asking you to believe, in fact we need an equal amount of atheists and theists for this to work, I'm asking you to accept that the conversation must continue. Atheists cannot "win" and neither can theists.

>Ask Ken Ham he has a different opinion

The Bible does teach that everything was created, but it does not teach that the earth is 6,000 years old and Adam and Eve rode on dinosaurs around the garden.

>No the Bible makes it very clear that these are god-inspired.

I never said miracles and the supernatural were not god inspired. I said they were knowledge beyond our understanding. It is no different how you would be a demi-god and a sorcerer in ancient Sumeria and ancient Egypt with a mere flick of your lighter. Today it is no different, your argument is that just because you don't fully understand something it must be considered false. By your logic, gravity, space/time, and quantum mechanics must all be false because we cannot understand it.

>Again you must assume miracles are false and that follows that Christianity is false

Your pressumption is that because you cannot fully understand something it must be false.